PDA

View Full Version : Best of luck Travis

vdizenzo
08-22-2008, 08:57 PM
Good luck to Travis Bell, Donnie, Byrd, and everyone else representing at the Pro Am. Kick ass guys.

chris mason
08-22-2008, 09:18 PM
I'm here now. I have seen most of the them. We rolled in late, and I somehow missed Sam as Phil spoke with him. I am settling in the night a looking forward to a great meet tomorrow and Sunday.

Chris

Travis Bell
08-22-2008, 09:23 PM
Thanks Vin!! I hope to not dissapoint.

Chris I'm bummed I missed you. I left shortly after the squats this morning as I needed to focus on my bloat. I decided to forgo being a 242lber and find my true self in the 275 class. I'm looking forward to a great day tomorrow

Erik 23
08-22-2008, 10:53 PM
Best of luck travis

pocoloco blanka
08-23-2008, 12:03 AM
good luck travis and everyone else who is competing....

Jonah
08-23-2008, 03:38 AM
best of luck

Tennessee Mike
08-23-2008, 04:56 AM
Give em hell Travis.And good luck to all the others as well.

Joe Black
08-23-2008, 05:11 AM
Good luck everyone!

Travis Bell
08-23-2008, 01:58 PM
I weighed a nice plump 260 this morning when heading out to the meet. The were really moving the meet along quickly so it was a very efficient day. I opened with 635 just as planned and rocked it. Called for 675 on my second and nailed it as well. Both were really fast reps. I debated on my third. Things were going so smoothly I was kinda tempted to call for 715 on my third, but instead stuck with 700. 700 shot off my chest, but got a little over my face so it took me a tad longer to lock it out but I still got it.

A 70lb PR. Not too shabby. It made a world of difference pushing my belly up into the bar on the way down. I got so much more leg drive out of it and all the weights felt light in my hands. I took second in the bench only and Drex took first I believe with 740 if I'm not mistaken. I owe my solid form to Vin, no question on that. I'd have been an absolute mess without his help. This is by far the best meet I've done to date. I've gone 3 for 3 before, but never this solid. I am really excited for the next meet to see what else I can do. I wore my Super Phenom and again cannot say enough about the shirt. There didn't seem to be any difference at all in the speed between my lifts. I was really surprised how fast 700 shot off my chest! Thats really the only reason I brought it over my face a little haha. I was expecting it to go a little slower. Not in this shirt!

Richie Briggs looked good, but didn't have the day he'd have liked. He made 1 attempt with 830 and 2 with 850? I think. He's just a little bit big for his shirt but I have no doubts at all that he'll smash 900 very soon

Shawn Frankle stole the show with an EASY 825lb opener, made short work of 850!! And then made an awesome attempt at 870!!! The judges felt he was a little short of lockout on the 870 but I wasn't up close so I couldn't tell.

Tomorrow will be awesome I have no doubts. I talked to Sam and he's feeling very good, as is my boy Greg and Donnie looks like a freight train on legs.

Thanks for all your support guys

jbrin0tk
08-23-2008, 02:06 PM
Way to go, Travis! I knew you had it in ya, man!

JayM181
08-23-2008, 02:15 PM
Congrats Travis... I know exactly what you're talking about pushing the belly up into the bar on the way down. That is exactly what Wolfy and Pocoloco told me to do on my first training session with them. I used to put so much air on my chest. Now all the air is on my belly.
Again, Congratulation on the 700 bench!!!!

Ben Moore
08-23-2008, 03:20 PM
NICE!!! Awesome job on 700 bud - before long you'll weigh as much as me, LOL

KarstenDD
08-23-2008, 03:42 PM
Sick pressing

Ryano
08-23-2008, 03:44 PM
Congrats on the 700. Were Richies lifts good? Sounds like Frankle was, as usual, a freak!

Travis Bell
08-23-2008, 04:38 PM
Unfortunatly non of Richie's lifts were good. He and I talked for a bit afterwards and he told me that was the same shirt he had been wearing for the last couple years. That shirt is just too small for him. He's going to start working in a new shirt. After that, everyone had better watch out.

Chris Rodgers
08-23-2008, 04:53 PM
Great job Travis! Congrats on hitting the big 700 :omg:

TankOfTeamStone
08-23-2008, 06:13 PM
Unfortunatly non of Richie's lifts were good. He and I talked for a bit afterwards and he told me that was the same shirt he had been wearing for the last couple years. That shirt is just too small for him. He's going to start working in a new shirt. After that, everyone had better watch out.

Nice job on the big 700. I talked with Richie at Summer Bash 5 for a little bit, mostly about my shirt on how it was loose as hell on me. From what i seen at summer bash his first attempt looked like it was a bitch for 826 to get down to his chest.

Lones Green
08-23-2008, 06:19 PM
i'd say a 70 lb PR and 3 for 3 is pretty damn awesome travis! LOL

i'm super excited you did well. i'm sure tomorrow will be awesome...keep us posted...

OH and don't party too hard tonight. my freind Brent Tracey went up there yesterday and is leaving tonight, because he said if he stays tonight and starts drinking he won't be home til monday. hahaha

vdizenzo
08-23-2008, 07:15 PM
Nice work Travis. Great job staying with your game plan. Like I said, I see really big lifts in your future. Thanks for the kind words, but it was you who did all the work. Congratulations.

mikesbench
08-23-2008, 07:37 PM
Great work Travis! Got the big 7 out of the ay now, keep movin' up.

waynedang
08-23-2008, 07:53 PM
Great lifting Travis!

Erik 23
08-23-2008, 08:27 PM
You got a 700 lbs bench Travis Excellent work Bro all that hard work paid off.

Travis Bell
08-23-2008, 10:45 PM
Nice work Travis. Great job staying with your game plan. Like I said, I see really big lifts in your future. Thanks for the kind words, but it was you who did all the work. Congratulations.

Thanks Vin!! I really think with some more honing of my technique I can do some more damage with the Super Phenom.

I appreciate your humility, but we all know that non of us ever get anywhere without the help of those around us and in a time when I didn't have the luxury of being at Westside under Lou, you came through for me like a champ. I was really frustrated this summer with my form. Mostly because I didn't know what was going wrong or how to fix it and you helped me with that.

That there my friend is what powerlifting is all about. Helping each other become better lifters and people.

To the rest of you, thanks for the comments!! I really appreciate it. This certainly was a big milestone for me

Joe Black
08-23-2008, 11:30 PM
Awesome work Travis, well done!!!

Can;t wait to see some of the videos, wish I was there! :(

Tennessee Mike
08-24-2008, 11:05 AM
Congrats Travis.Real strong