PDA

View Full Version : Max Effort Bench training

vdizenzo
08-22-2008, 09:02 PM
Here are some lifts from training this evening. I am finally starting to figure out these poly shirts. The Super Duper Phenom from Inzer is a sick shirt. Thanks to Rob Luyando for giving me advice on breaking in a poly. I am just very impatient. I am used to the old days when you would just throw on a shirt and go to the chest. Anyway, enough of my rambling nonsense. Here are the vids:

EOULB3tJYg8

-YjfUQ3wMtw

youngguns
08-22-2008, 09:06 PM
that 1 board was ****ing nasty. sorry to sound like a noob, but what does SFW stand for?

Travis Bell
08-22-2008, 09:27 PM
Awesome work Vin!! I'm with you on the SD Phenom. I absolutly love that shirt

I've learned from Rob as well that taking the time to break in a shirt allows you to get the most out of it and the longest life

nddillon
08-22-2008, 09:41 PM
How thick is that 4 board? Seems like it is a lot thicker than ours!

Sweet Pressing man!

Reko
08-22-2008, 09:52 PM
that 1 board was ****ing nasty. sorry to sound like a noob, but what does SFW stand for?

I believe it stands for SMASH ****ING WEIGHTS!!!
If not, then I am a n00b as well.

Travis Bell
08-22-2008, 09:53 PM

Sweet Pressing man!

the thickness doesn't really matter. The point of that movement in the shirt is for breaking it in. Its just to slowly stretch out the material

vdizenzo
08-22-2008, 10:06 PM

Sweet Pressing man!

Thanks guys. Someone made that board and left it at the gym. It's five boards, but the wood is thinner. It turns out to be the same thickness as a four board.

Erik 23
08-22-2008, 10:23 PM
Awesome lifting vince you made that weight look super easy I was suprised how easy you lifted that weight cause your handoff was so fast but it didnt look like it threw you off balance.

vdizenzo
08-22-2008, 11:12 PM
that 1 board was ****ing nasty. sorry to sound like a noob, but what ftdoes SFW stand for?

SFW stands for Smash F'ing Weights! I just got so sick of seeing new guys get so worried about theories and routines. If you want to get big and strong just go lift heavy weghts. SFW

Tennessee Mike
08-23-2008, 08:31 AM
Bad ass Big Vin.Lookin strong.I love how all you see of Rhodes is his Buddha.Hardcore.

AdamBAG
08-23-2008, 08:53 AM
Nice work Vincent!

I'm encorporating a lot of shirt work doubles into my next training cycle. I'm feeling more confident already.

Lones Green
08-23-2008, 10:32 AM
nice work vinnie. both were very clean!

KarstenDD
08-23-2008, 03:47 PM
Bad ass Big Vin.Lookin strong.I love how all you see of Rhodes is his Buddha.Hardcore.

Rhodes hates shirts

Ben Moore
08-23-2008, 04:08 PM
Awesome!!! Great work man.

Eric Downey
08-23-2008, 04:45 PM
Great work Vin looking stronge

vdizenzo
08-23-2008, 07:28 PM
Awesome lifting vince you made that weight look super easy I was suprised how easy you lifted that weight cause your handoff was so fast but it didnt look like it threw you off balance.

Thanks. Rhodes gives such an awesome lift that I know it will be in the right position to lift as soon as I get it. By the way, I can't forget to mention the whole crew at Southside. Jonah, DD, Drew, Gary, Brian, Big Kenny, and Rhodes. These guys have been so supportive. For the first time since I hit the 600 raw I feel like I am heading in the right direction with my training. Thanks guys.