PDA

View Full Version : Anybody read "Westside Barbell: Book of Methods"?

nddillon
08-23-2008, 07:30 AM
Yea, I know that SEVERAL of the posting, sponsored athletes are Westside guys and when it comes to strength Mr. Simmons should have a PhD in strength science; however many of the articles that come from the site are . . . not as well written as they could be. I know they are not meant to win awards I am just wondering if the book will be beneficial or not.

Of course, I really respect Westside and if anyone Powerlifting company deserves my $50 it's them and I have spent over $2000 on my clinicals books over the years what's another $50 tax exemption.

Basically, who has read it and what's your thoughts on it?

bigbadwolfe
08-23-2008, 02:12 PM
I have not read it but flipped through yesterday at the Pro Am it looks as if it is packed with alot of good info and very professionally done. I would buy it if I did not have the man himself on coaching me.

Ben Moore
08-23-2008, 04:11 PM
Will was planning on getting this one but not sure he has - I look forward to reading it.

brihead301
08-25-2008, 07:19 AM
I've been contemplating on starting westside type training for a while now. I've still been just taking advantage of my linear progress, since I'm still a novice, and I can. I have had people explain to me how to set up a routine, and I have read a bunch of the articles on the site, but to be honest I'm still don't understand the westside philosophy 100%. It sounds like this book would answer any questions I may have about it. I will definately be checking it out.

Thanks for posting this bro.

AdamBAG
08-25-2008, 10:18 AM
On a related note, the EFS Basic Training Manual is a very good introduction to WSB. You can buy it as an e-book for about $35.