PDA

View Full Version : Deadlift Suits! Need Your Input

SGT ROCK
08-23-2008, 05:03 PM
What is the best suit or suit brief combo you have used?

I like the Fusion very much conventional, and am going to try the TRX sumo style next week. I dont like the addition of briefs with a tight fitting conventional suit. I feel briefs have alot of benefit sumo however.

I have also used the newest Titan DL suits with success, but the Fusion has more carryover to the top, alot of that is due to the velcro straps and HUGE support through the crotch area.

Whats your best combo?

Semper Fi

Lones Green
08-23-2008, 06:23 PM
heard great things about the king sumo DLer, have you tried it?

i'm sure if you used that with heavy briefs it would be a TON of support.

i think Chris Rodgers has used a TRX in the past, he knows a lot about DL gear, i'm sure he'll chime in.

Chris Rodgers
08-23-2008, 07:25 PM
Currently I am using a single ply Fusion for briefs underneath a double ply T-rex for sumo. I wear the T-rex backwards and pull the straps to the outside of my shoulders. The combo isn't ridiculously tight so I can get to the bar.

I used to use Viking Metal briefs underneath a Karin's DD squat suit to pull and it was a great combo. I have outgrown both of those pieces of gear thougha and they no longer fit.

I like the Fusion for Conventional, but mine doesn't have velcro and the straps aren't very tight. I would like to try it with tighter straps.

Ditka2008
08-24-2008, 06:57 AM
About how much can a suit help for a conventional pull?

AdamBAG
08-24-2008, 07:15 AM
I've got a Metal King Pro Deadlifter (conventional) and I like it so far. I've only pulled in it once, but did like it.

Lones Green
08-24-2008, 09:11 AM
About how much can a suit help for a conventional pull?

like squat gear, its different for every person. typically you get much less out of a DL suit than you do a squat suit. gear provides a bit more support for sumo style - and most of the time less for conventional.