PDA

View Full Version : Gaining good weight meal plan?

Z 2 8
08-25-2008, 01:48 PM
I really think my problem was that i'm not eating enough. I'm going to continue to eat healthy, just a lot more. If i consume 2500-3000 calories of good food a day, i don't see how i could gain fat weight. I suppose i would just gain muscle weight and little fat?

Also, i don't see how doing cardio 30mins a day would be bad. You would think that working out 3-4 times a week, cardio 30mins everyday and eating 3000 calories of good food everyday should get you in amazing shape and get bigger...Why is this wrong thinking? Anyone care to elaborate, so i don't continue to do something stupid?

Also, plan on dong 4 sets of 8-10 reps until fail with everything. Sound good?

eml05002
08-25-2008, 07:36 PM
Before people start answering and giving you advice, I think the easiest, smartest thing to do is pick up a couple books and read through them to answer your questions. Maximum Strength by Eric Cressey address and explains how to incorporate cardio, as well as giving you an awesome program that will be a lot more effective than 4 sets of 8 reps to failure on everything. Bonus for also giving you a thorough warm up chapter that will help save your health in the long run. Nutrition wise, you should try and pick up a book like Gourmet Nutrition by John Berardi. Its a cookbook with some great tasting recipes you won't mind eating as well as some quick tips for packing on some size in as clean a fashion as you can. The cost of both books would be about $70 bucks tops and wellllllllllllll worth the investment,

Tikiman
08-25-2008, 08:54 PM
I'm not sure how you're built or what your metabolism is like. But yes, if you continue a normal routine and increase calories 200-300 a day, you will gain weight. It will be a slow change, but more muscle than fat.

I've been doing a slow bulk all summer and have gained around 10 lbs. I really haven't felt "fat" or grown a gut, instead i've been filling out pretty nicely. To gain slow takes patience and is hard. When you're eating healthy, it takes a lot more food to get in the calories.

Motor ftw
08-25-2008, 10:01 PM
I'm not sure how you're built or what your metabolism is like. But yes, if you continue a normal routine and increase calories 200-300 a day, you will gain weight. It will be a slow change, but more muscle than fat.

I've been doing a slow bulk all summer and have gained around 10 lbs. I really haven't felt "fat" or grown a gut, instead i've been filling out pretty nicely. To gain slow takes patience and is hard. When you're eating healthy, it takes a lot more food to get in the calories.

I ate 2 Double Bacon cheeseburger.

That should fill you up for your Next workout.