PDA

View Full Version : Me, Phil Harrington, and Justin Tooley at Westside doing some crazy stuff!

chris mason
08-26-2008, 11:40 PM
We are doing presses with a bamboo bar and suspended kettlebells. You would not believe how hard the bamboo bar makes the movement especially with the suspended kettlebells!

Travis Bell is the camera guy. :)

PloQn4SILGQ

Chris Rodgers
08-26-2008, 11:45 PM
Those look nasty! How much crap did Phil talk since you didn't get 10? :clown:

chris mason
08-26-2008, 11:51 PM
Lol, Phil definitely motivated me!

Lones Green
08-27-2008, 03:27 AM
haha good job Chris. pretty strong for a guy who eats ben and jerrys!!!!

Travis Bell
08-27-2008, 04:26 AM
Those look nasty! How much crap did Phil talk since you didn't get 10? :clown:

LOL None because Phil didn't get 15

NASAKYCHAIRMAN
08-27-2008, 06:14 AM
We are doing presses with a bamboo bar and suspended kettlebells. You would not believe how hard the bamboo bar makes the movement especially with the suspended kettlebells!

PloQn4SILGQ

Looked like you had a lot of fun:clap:

I keep seeing more videos of lifters using kettlebells. Could someone explain some of the benefits of bench pressing with kettlebells & results too? I would like to add this Max Effort exercise to my own routine.

Thanks a lot,

"BIG WILLIE" J.T. HALL
GOT MAXIMUM MASS STACK?

catman
08-27-2008, 11:43 AM
Where can I get one of those bamboo bars? Also, what's the max load for one?

Thanks

Ryan Celli
08-27-2008, 11:47 AM
looks like you had fun!

Cricket_Fire
08-27-2008, 12:08 PM
We did these when I went down too; kicked my ass haha. Ive been hanging plates off a regular bar lately, but it just isnt the same haha

Lones Green
08-27-2008, 12:40 PM
Looked like you had a lot of fun:clap:

I keep seeing more videos of lifters using kettlebells. Could someone explain some of the benefits of bench pressing with kettlebells & results too? I would like to add this Max Effort exercise to my own routine.

Thanks a lot,

"BIG WILLIE" J.T. HALL
GOT MAXIMUM MASS STACK?

JT, the suspended kettlebells are to make the weight shaky, and to work the stabilizers. you can also suspend plates as well, you can quadruple minis and hang 25 lb plates, that seems to work for me. i've never used kettlebells on suspended weight bench, but most of the time i see people using them.

i like doing them for higher reps...i messed my shoulder up doing triples with heavy suspended weight.

try it, its fun, and a great exercise. there is a video somewhere out there with Jay Fry doing a ton of weight, with the same setup Chris is using there.

Big_Byrd52
08-27-2008, 12:54 PM
bamboo bars? WTF? is westside goin green on us? haha

Travis Bell
08-27-2008, 01:11 PM
bamboo bars? WTF? is westside goin green on us? haha

its so that Lou can cane you if you miss a set LOL

Its something that we typically use as a deload workout, although to be honest I haven't used it in quite some time. It works your stabilizers really well while not putting very much weight in your hands.

PriestCometh
08-27-2008, 01:21 PM
I cant wait to workout with yall at westside!

Great workout!

Franco
08-27-2008, 02:30 PM

They let you in at Westside?!...;)

Good work. The bamboo bar would be great to use.

AJ Roberts
08-27-2008, 04:52 PM
This exercise is brutal! I have a video of Lou doing these from when I was up there a month or so ago benching, i need to get it uploaded.

bigbadwolfe
08-27-2008, 07:28 PM
Those will kick your ass!!!!

thewicked
08-28-2008, 10:01 PM
damn! chris bringing it home in the gym! sick work big'n! Glad to see you getting in there and pushing it! I can't wait to try the kettle bells suspended though I've only done plates..it was brutal!

essentialherb08
08-29-2008, 03:07 AM
eco friendly and intense. I so gotta get me some of those. Cool vid

chris mason
08-30-2008, 09:34 AM
Here is Justin doing a set. He is a very strong raw presser and I think his video shows how wild the exercise can be, especially on the 2nd to last rep.

tl8z8z6RWow

Detard
08-30-2008, 09:55 AM
Hahaha damn those look crazy! Nice job chris.

Detard
08-30-2008, 03:09 PM
You guys inspired me, keith, and rusty to do these. We only did it with a regular bar and two 25's hanging off each side by purple bands. It was ridiculous the amount of shaking the first few sets. After a couple sets we started to tighten up and get control of the bar. I'll post our videos soon.

chris mason
08-31-2008, 12:35 AM
You guys inspired me, keith, and rusty to do these. We only did it with a regular bar and two 25's hanging off each side by purple bands. It was ridiculous the amount of shaking the first few sets. After a couple sets we started to tighten up and get control of the bar. I'll post our videos soon.

I have done it that way as well. That is very good, but man, that bamboo bar and the multiple kettlebells takes it to a whole other level, trust me.

Keith
08-31-2008, 01:29 AM
I have done it that way as well. That is very good, but man, that bamboo bar and the multiple kettlebells takes it to a whole other level, trust me.

Really???

I could barely hold 100 lbs suspended above my face it was so damn wobbly.

chris mason
08-31-2008, 08:17 PM
Really???

I could barely hold 100 lbs suspended above my face it was so damn wobbly.

Man, seriously, the bamboo was just stupid!