PDA

View Full Version : I Need Serious Help!!!!

BigJay007
08-27-2008, 11:25 AM
Ok...I just found out that USPF is having a bench only meet here in Buffalo and I want to compete in it. It will be my first meet and I have NO IDEA how to prepare for it. So I am looking to you all for some help on what I should do. The meet is on November 15th so you can know how much time I have

NASAKYCHAIRMAN
08-27-2008, 11:34 AM
Ok...I just found out that USPF is having a bench only meet here in Buffalo and I want to compete in it. It will be my first meet and I have NO IDEA how to prepare for it. So I am looking to you all for some help on what I should do. The meet is on November 15th so you can know how much time I have

Read the online rules book and go to the rules meeting.

10 bp competition tips
1. Your last heavy bench press workout should be 7-10 days before your next bp competition.

2. Use no more than 80% max because if you do a Max Single within a week to 10 days of the Meet, you can automatically take 5% to 7% off that amount for your max on meet day.

3. 1-3 weeks before a bench press meet you can't get that much stronger, but you sure can get a lot weaker.

4. Ice your elbows 2-3 times before your bench press competition.

5. Your bp will suffer the most when you loose wt. You can plan on losing about 3 lbs from your bp per lb. of bwt lost AFTER the first 3 lbs of lost bwt. The lighter you are the more dramatic the effects.

6. Increase protein intake to increase recuperation.

7. Get a lot more sleep/rest.

8. Visualize the meet and your attempts.

9. Go over your meet equipment check list.

10. Have fun.

Equipment check list
1. Gym bag
2. Bp shirt(2)
3. wrist wraps
4. singlet
5. belt
6. Cooler
7. Protein shake & variety of snacks
8. H20
9. Towel
10. Camera
11. Membership card
12. Extra $$$$
13. Extra clothes
14. Pen
15. Rubbing ointment
16. Deodorant
17. Vitamin h20.

Good luck with you meet!

TRAIN HARD

"BIG WILLIE" J.T. HALL
http://www.youtube.com/user/NASAKYCHAIRMAN
GOT MAXIMUM MASS STACK?

Lones Green
08-27-2008, 12:40 PM
you need to write up a training cycle for the bench.

ehubbard
08-27-2008, 01:05 PM
You competing in a cheater shirt or 100% RAW!!!???

lil' power
08-27-2008, 01:52 PM
Read the online rules book and go to the rules meeting.

10 bp competition tips

5. Your bp will suffer the most when you loose wt. You can plan on losing about 3 lbs from your bp per lb. of bwt lost AFTER the first 3 lbs of lost bwt. The lighter you are the more dramatic the effects.

[/SIZE][/B]

This is interesting....When I cut water weight, it's always my bench that gives me trouble.

NASAKYCHAIRMAN
08-27-2008, 02:19 PM

I know you are joking right because you have videos of yourself training in a bp shirt?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxXhJCBLncE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4slwzfE0x0U

TRAIN HARD

"BIG WILLIE" J.T. HALL
GOT MAXIMUM MASS STACK?

ehubbard
08-27-2008, 02:25 PM
Yes, that is my wry, sarcastic sense of humor at work. How dare you show everyone how crappy my bench is!

Illinimeats
08-31-2008, 09:45 PM
I watched your video's JT posted, your bench is great! I hope to be there one day. Keep at it!!

Illinimeats

vdizenzo
09-01-2008, 09:01 AM
What do you bench now? What is your goal? How do you train now? Give us some insight.

Eric Downey
09-01-2008, 09:09 AM

Ok even spite your rude comment to a fellow lifter im gonna give you some advise. First based on your reverse band work you can open at least 405 in your next meet. itll touch. Also if you gonna use the reverse band use the med. band. The breen just takes to much weight off the bar. As it is it a false since of lifting. Just my opp. When you bench raw your elbows should be tucked like they are when you in your shirt.

Ben Moore
09-01-2008, 09:12 AM
Ok even spite your rude comment to a fellow lifter im gonna give you some advise. First based on your reverse band work you can open at least 405 in your next meet. itll touch. Also if you gonna use the reverse band use the med. band. The breen just takes to much weight off the bar. As it is it a false since of lifting. Just my opp. When you bench raw your elbows should be tucked like they are when you in your shirt.

hehe I'm pretty sure he was kidding bud.

ehubbard
09-01-2008, 09:21 AM

It wasn't a rude comment, it was a question with a joke thrown in there. The original poster didn't mention if he was competing in gear or not. The green band in the video is an average band (takes about 100 pounds off the bottom). The light bands take off about 60 lbs and I use them from time to time as well. This was the first time I ever used reverse bands with gear. And yes I usually open around 405 (again my bench is awful).

ehubbard
09-01-2008, 03:59 PM
On another note, to Eric Downey and other lifters in the gulf coast and surrounding regions: Be safe! My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Eric Downey
09-01-2008, 04:44 PM
Thanks bro. your bench is not bad. Just start tucking your elbows on your raw stuff and you"ll see you shirted bench start to go up in 4 to 6 weeks.