PDA

View Full Version : First shirt experience

mickyjune26
08-27-2008, 03:43 PM
I bought and tried my Titan shirt for the first time a week ago.

I worked my way up to 365 for 3 reps on my last set. 1st rep - 5" above chest, 2nd 4" and 3rd 3". On all 3 reps, I blasted it up by myself. On the last rep I felt a little tired.

Will the shirt offer even more spring as I'm able to get it down those last 3" to my chest?

...or in stretching to touch my chest will it lost some of its spring?

I'm just imagining what kind of weight I'll be able to do for my first meet this Nov 1st. I would be in heaven if I'm setup now to get a 405 by then.

Lones Green
08-27-2008, 03:44 PM
are you using boards to break it in?

Travis Bell
08-27-2008, 03:46 PM
On a single ply its not a real big deal if you don't use boards to break it in

As you get closer to touching your chest, whether or not you get alot of spring out of it will depend on if you hit the groove and how your form is. If you lack leg drive and your elbow placement is fighting the shirt, you won't get much pop.

mickyjune26
08-27-2008, 03:49 PM
I will have to really make sure the form is on par. No boards are being used. Just going down until it doesn't move anymore. Found that it was easier to bench 365 for 3 then it was to do 335 for 2. I kept telling the guy "one more" so I could get it lower and try to touch.

He wants my elbow placement at about 45 degrees. Leg drive is to be pushed from my heels.

Sound about right?

Travis Bell
08-27-2008, 03:54 PM
sounds bout right to me

You'll just need to tuck your elbows HARD

mickyjune26
08-27-2008, 03:56 PM
How would i feel it when tucking my elbows hard? Does that mean the shirt wil want my elbows to flare out, so I'll have to fight it in a way?

Lones Green
08-27-2008, 04:07 PM
oh, i was unaware he was using a single ply shirt.

Travis Bell
08-27-2008, 04:15 PM
How would i feel it when tucking my elbows hard? Does that mean the shirt wil want my elbows to flare out, so I'll have to fight it in a way?

Actually you will naturally want to flare out. Watch the video of my 700 bench, thats what I mean by tucking your elbows. This will make it easier to touch. Just tuck as hard as you can. Take some video as well so I can better see what you're doing. It sounds though that the shirt is about the right size

Ryano
08-27-2008, 04:24 PM
Tuck your elbows hard, drive your heels down, & push your belly up to the bar. Sounds like you are on the right track. During the press try to "spread" the bar with your hands, let your elbows drift out and the bar drift back. Be patient and let the shirt stretch out over a couple of workouts. I just blew the shoulder seam on a single ply last night going to much to quick I think. Single ply Titans are like BIG TITS...Fantastic!

mickyjune26
08-27-2008, 11:41 PM
Single ply Titans are like BIG TITS...Fantastic!

hahaha - can't wait!