PDA

View Full Version : Ivanko 1500lb bar

Captain_Crunch
08-27-2008, 03:53 PM
Has anyone here used the Ivanko IPF approved bar? We ordered a different bar but got sent this one. I hear it is pretty wippy.

deeder
08-27-2008, 04:51 PM
I find the Ivanko IPF bars to be very stiff. If you got an Ivanko Oly bar, then yes, those are very whippy.

f-rider
08-27-2008, 05:26 PM
Which model number is it? If it's the OBSX-20KG29MM then it's the new 29mm-diameter bar, those are supposed to be stiffer than the old (28mm) ones.

I think the 29mm bars were used at this year's Canadian nationals (correct me if I'm wrong deeder), they definitely felt way stiffer when squatting.

How do you tell the Olympic and IPF-approved Ivanko bars apart? I thought the old 28mm ones were the same. They start to whip at around three and a half plates when squatting if you come up fast.

deeder
08-28-2008, 12:02 AM
Which model number is it? If it's the OBSX-20KG29MM then it's the new 29mm-diameter bar, those are supposed to be stiffer than the old (28mm) ones.

I think the 29mm bars were used at this year's Canadian nationals (correct me if I'm wrong deeder), they definitely felt way stiffer when squatting.

How do you tell the Olympic and IPF-approved Ivanko bars apart? I thought the old 28mm ones were the same. They start to whip at around three and a half plates when squatting if you come up fast.

Yeah I'm pretty sure the competition bars we used were brand new. As for telling the oly bars and IPF bars apart. The oly lifters at our gym had ivanko oly bars and I used to use them for deadlift. They had a lot of bend before the bar even left the floor.

Even with the old Ivanko bars I never thought they were whippy. Maybe I am just used to the crappy bars we have at our gym :hello:

Captain_Crunch
08-28-2008, 04:30 PM

I'll check the model # tommorow when I'm at the gym. Hopefully it's the new stiffer one.

Captain_Crunch
08-30-2008, 03:21 PM
Used the bar yesterday and it's the thin one. Was wippy at 4 plates for sure. We'll just have to use it for deadlift because for everything else it's no good. What a waste of money.