PDA

View Full Version : Am I eating enough?

bballnut90
08-28-2008, 08:16 AM
Right now my goal is to get cut, I'm 5-11 and 160. My lifts are not very good right now although not TERRIBLE. I have probably 5-10 pounds of extra fat I'd like to get rid of but I would first and foremost like to bulk up, then lose the weight since that is more easily achieved.

Right now I do eat pretty healthily and I have been lifting for the last 4 months or so without seeing a ton of improvement. I will admit that I haven't stuck with a lifting plan for more than a month so that is probably my fault....I am taking weight training as a college elective next week and that will go until December so I'll need to stick with that lifting schedule in order to get an A, so I'm not worried about sticking with that routine.

Anyways, right now I generally eat lots of meat(which are usually lean cuts) but I don't think I'm getting enough calories. A sample diet of what I eat is:

Breakfast-Low fat oatmeal/a bowl of Total cereal and a glass of skim milk.

Snack-Maybe a granola bar

Lunch-A grilled chicken sandwich with lettuce, tomato and mayo. A side salad as well.

Snack-Beef jerkey or a smaller grilled chicken sandwich

Dinner-A burrito with chicken, lettuce, beans, cheese and sour cream, more milk.

Late night-More milk and some peanuts.

I try to keep my protein intake high and eat some protein each time I eat food. I have no idea what my caloric intake is but is what I'm eating enough to bulk up or do I need to eat more food/eat larger portions of food?

Unreal
08-28-2008, 08:47 AM
We have no idea on your portion sizes. Are you gaining weight or not? If no then add more food. Milk and peanuts could be 200 calories or 1000 calories. We have no idea. Same with everything you listed. Plus, it looks low protein.

Doobs
08-28-2008, 09:08 AM
I have no idea what my caloric intake is but is what I'm eating enough to bulk up or do I need to eat more food/eat larger portions of food?

How much weight have you gained on this diet in the last two weeks? That will answer your question.

D.malkhandi
08-29-2008, 12:35 AM
Overall this is not a bad diet combination. But you didn't made it clear that you are loosing your wieght or incresing, what's the average of this. Any furter steps should be taken according to these conditions.

WORLD
09-09-2008, 07:42 AM
So if you want to be succesful and stay motivated here's what you need to do.

-Choose a number for the amount of calories you'll be eating for the next few weeks.
-Buy a pen and a journal, or go to fitday.com and TRACK YOUR CALORIES DAILY.
-After a few weeks, if you don't see the results you want, add or decrease your calorie intake and stick to the new number.

Believe me, this works. This is the best advice I can give you.

Also, I dont see you responding to the posts in this thread. If you want people to help you its a good idea to respond.