PDA

View Full Version : Rage-X: Can you open the seam around the elbow?

AdamBAG
08-28-2008, 08:50 AM
I'm having some serious elbow pain when benching with my shirt. The sleeves are very tight now that I've gained weight and my elbows are getting really beat up.

I've seen a few people pop the seam around the elbow to make the sleeve looser around the lower bicep/elbow. Will this hurt the integrity of the shirt or the performance of the shirt???

If I'm going to loose something performance wise then I'll just deal with the pain and continue icing etc.

Ben Moore
08-28-2008, 08:53 AM
How far down does the sleeve go? Could you just have a 1/2" taken off - this will automatically make the opening biggere due to the taper. Travis or some of the other big benchers may have some better advice.

AdamBAG
08-28-2008, 09:02 AM
How far down does the sleeve go? Could you just have a 1/2" taken off - this will automatically make the opening biggere due to the taper. Travis or some of the other big benchers may have some better advice.

It is just above the elbow. Usually once I've got the shirt seated I need to really pull up on the inside part of the sleeve (where elbow would touch your ribs while standing w/ arms at sides) in order to take some stress off that tendon.

Travis Bell
08-28-2008, 09:22 AM
Yeah I know Phil does that as does Jason Fry on occasion. What you do though is cut a little scoop on the bicep side of the sleeve. You can also get a little bit taken off the sleeve like Ben suggested.

Are you benching with the sleeves over your elbows? if so, thats probably why your elbows hurt so much. That puts a ton of pressure on the elbows

AdamBAG
08-28-2008, 09:27 AM
Yeah I know Phil does that as does Jason Fry on occasion. What you do though is cut a little scoop on the bicep side of the sleeve. You can also get a little bit taken off the sleeve like Ben suggested.

Are you benching with the sleeves over your elbows? if so, thats probably why your elbows hurt so much. That puts a ton of pressure on the elbows

I see. I'll look into this.

The shirt is definitely above the elbows, but an inch longer and it wouldn't be.

PriestCometh
08-28-2008, 11:14 AM
Is the fold of the armtube on the inside of the elbow?

If it is, it would be a good idea to rotate the sleevetoward the front of the bicep(not too much though). That will take pressure off the elbow.

Problem is that when you do this it will take more to touch.

Another option is to shorten the sleeves.

Or just get a bigger shirt.

AdamBAG
08-28-2008, 01:48 PM
Is the fold of the armtube on the inside of the elbow?

If it is, it would be a good idea to rotate the sleevetoward the front of the bicep(not too much though). That will take pressure off the elbow.

Problem is that when you do this it will take more to touch.

Another option is to shorten the sleeves.

Or just get a bigger shirt.

Hmmm...by fold do you mean the seam of the arm tube? It might be. I'll have to check this out.

PriestCometh
08-29-2008, 12:33 PM
Yep.

AdamBAG
08-30-2008, 08:49 AM
Yep.

Cool, I'll look to see how I'm putting the sleeve on when I shirt up tomorrow.