PDA

View Full Version : possible to sit back too much?

jbrin0tk
08-29-2008, 06:12 PM
Hey guys, is it possible to sit back too much when raw squatting (i.e. do you lose power if you sit back too much)? I'm just curious. Thanks in advance!

Lones Green
08-29-2008, 06:18 PM
i don't really sit back that much when raw squatting...with gear on the other hand i sit wayyyy back. if you watch videos of chuck V he sits way back, and thats usually the only way he misses a squat (falling a bit backwards at the top)

jbrin0tk
08-29-2008, 06:20 PM
Thanks for the reply, Lones. Out of curiosity, why do you have to sit back so much in gear as opposed to raw squatting? Does the gear throw you forward or something? Thanks, man!

youngguns
08-29-2008, 08:29 PM
i tend to sit back pretty decently when it comes to raw squatting. donno why, just always done it taht way. its a little easier on my hips too, i tend to squat a little wide for raw.

Sensei
08-29-2008, 09:20 PM
Thanks for the reply, Lones. Out of curiosity, why do you have to sit back so much in gear as opposed to raw squatting? Does the gear throw you forward or something? Thanks, man!You sit back further and arch like a banshee to maintain proper position, stretch the suit, and give you more rebound out of the hole.

Tight straps have a tendency to make you lose arch and you definately don't want that when you have a heavy bar on your back.

jbrin0tk
08-29-2008, 09:26 PM
That makes sense. Thanks, Sensei!

Kiknskreem
08-30-2008, 09:30 AM
It is absolutely possible to sit back too far.

Modern, geared, sumo-style squats are a different beast entirely from a moderately stanced raw squat.