PDA

View Full Version : Any experience with Titan BOSS bench shirt?

mikesbench
08-31-2008, 12:30 PM
I picked up a BOSS (NXG +) single ply o use as a training shirt. Anyone have any experience with this or any tips for using it? In the pst I've used almost exclusively Inzer shirts and just wanted to see how I like a Titan shirt. Thanks for any help.

Ryano
08-31-2008, 12:38 PM
I was sent a BOSS shirt to try once. It is a one ply, but actually it's two plys of NXG+ laminated together. After putting it on and realizing it would take about 3 years to get it broke in, I sent it back. The only person I know of that has one is Buddy McKee and I don't think he has ever touched anything in it. Good Luck.

mikesbench
08-31-2008, 12:53 PM
Ouch, thanks for the confidence boost Ryano!! That's pretty much what Ken Anderson said too. maybe I'll just end up board pressing in it and use it as a training shirt.

Eric Downey
08-31-2008, 08:18 PM
Benching in titan gear is like squatting in canvas. The more advanced shirts just stop. My advise is a tighter arm tube and a bigger chest plate. This way you can touch something worth while and still have some lock out power. Also make sure that the shirt is all the up in the arm pits. Thats why you cant touch. Thats the reason for the bigger chest plate.

mastermonster
08-31-2008, 11:37 PM
This is Buddy. I did actually get 650 to touch in it in the gym several weeks ago but it was very hard to lock it out. For me the lockout support of the Katana is much better. The Boss to me acted very much like using an Inzer ultimate Denim...which is basically canvas. P.S. The Boss does have a bigger chest plate than I like to use. But it's neccessary to touch anything I think. If you have a freaky strong lock out and just need the STOP and some start off the chest, it could possibly be the right shirt for you. I also think a fairly short stroke would be almost a neccessity to wear this shirt anywhere near tight and have a prayer of getting down. If I'm setup ideally mines only 5-6 inches in the shirt. That the biggest reason I finally touched something in it. For 95 % of benchers I'd say the Katana is better (including me). But if it doesn't work off the chest for you, like you said; you could use it for board work and lockout work and probably NEVER wear it out.