PDA

View Full Version : Cant gain fat

Zalxder
03-28-2002, 09:57 AM
ive got less than 5% bf, and if i eat 4500 cals a day i cant gain any fat. i wanta have a huge and muscular look not a thin and ripped look. should i just eat more red meats, less veggies and fruits? or just eat more of both. at the rate that im eating im never hungry, i eat a big meal every 3 or so hours, but i dont eat junk foods. are junk foods a good thing? i know alot of pros pig out on junk foods every now and then.

GeneticallyGifted
03-28-2002, 04:13 PM
What are your stats? I have 7% body fat and I have gained 20lbs since Jan.05 so I know that it is possible. My Calorie intake has been around 3400 abd recently upped it to 3700cal. So I was wonder you stats and how long have you been on this program?

Reinier
03-28-2002, 04:15 PM
5%?????
are you even ******* sure?
isn`t that like, hella ripped? do you have like veins popping over your abs?

Zalxder
03-28-2002, 04:26 PM
i have veins popping out everywere but on my butt and lats, cept when i work out i get a few veins on my lats. not like freakishly veiny, small veins like on my abs, specially on my lower abs i got 4 big ones

MRJ
03-28-2002, 04:39 PM
I'm guessing Zalxder is confused . . . . is counting incorrectly or something.

How can you not gain fat ?

Even if you eat no fat (which I don't think is possible) and only carbs./protein any excess will be stored as FAT, correct ?

Your body either builds with it, stores it or dumps it, right ?

If he/she is eating 4500 p/day (actual) and is still at 5% (again this reading might be flawed) and not gaining weight, I'd schedule a visit w/a physician, because something isn't right.

Zalx: what are your breakdowns ? and your personal stats ?

Zalxder
03-28-2002, 04:43 PM
im 6'5 16 years old. 185 pounds, 16 inch arms. and half an inch pinch on the back of my arm. got veins virtually everywere, my neck has no fat, so my adams apples gouges out and my ribs are very visible.

Zalxder
03-28-2002, 04:44 PM
the thing is i may be able to gain a a few pounds over the weekend but during school it all gets sucked away because a 4 hour period were i eat nothing, then i eat some chicken nuggets, then a 3 hour period were i eat nothing again. and of course i cant eat in class

=w=
03-28-2002, 05:40 PM
maybe a tape worm :)

MRJ
03-29-2002, 01:12 PM
If you truly are eating 4500 cals. p/day you might want to play with your fat/carb. intake and number of feeds.

First, try to get all your calories in 6 meals, more feeds will increase your metabolism.

Next try an increase in carbs.

I had a friend with a similar problem (ate 3900 cals. p/day in 9 meals) when we decreased the number of feeds and increased his carb. intake from 400g to 600g (gradually) he gained about 8 pounds in a month and continues to gain (in smaller increments) monthly.

Ensure your figures (calories, macro break-down) are accurate, though, before making any changes. It's important.

Mark
03-29-2002, 01:40 PM
Man what a problem to have. In a few years you will look back and find your problem unbelievable.

Your body is pouring out growth hormone which is causing pretty much everything you eat to be turned into energy.

The most fattening things are carbohydrates, particularly those with no fiber.

Eat bread & jam/honey and breakfast cereals like cornflakes as often as you can.

This will stimulate the release of insulin - a fat storing hormone.

Try this for a month and if you still aren't getting anywhere you should see a Doctor for a check up - just to be on the safe side.

heathj
03-29-2002, 02:48 PM
Why do you want to gain fat? Your 6'5, 185 lbs. and you have 16" arms? How big are your legs? 12"?

Scooby-Doo
03-29-2002, 03:13 PM
Can you gain mass? Or just no fat? :confused:

The Calvinator
03-30-2002, 09:16 AM
Maybe you should also try eating a big meal right before you go to sleep. Plus if you are lifting regularly, this will only help you get bigger. Then you will be adding weight. Well... at least you dont have the opposite problem. Plus, you dont have 16" arms, sorry to tell you.