PDA

View Full Version : Kudos

Illinimeats
08-31-2008, 10:13 PM
I'm new to powerlifting and I cruse several forums seeking information and trying to get to know the people in the new world I've chosen to join. I work with an established powerlifter that has taken me under his wing and mentored me and encouraged me without judgement or seeking money. As I look to other forums for tips and ways to perform lifts, I see posts that are nothing but negitive, ridicule people for posting training videos, or post upcoming meets. Everytime I come here and read posts, it is nothing but postive; thank you to everyone that helps those of us that are new and those that encourage other lifters. Kudos to those that remove negative posts and see the bigger picture of powerlifting...encouraging lifters at any level. Just something I had to get off my chest, this is one of my favorite forums to visit for information.

Illinimeats

perksy
08-31-2008, 10:25 PM
I have only been on this forum for a short time now and have noticed this as well. It is the most positive place on the net from the forums I have visited. Great work to everyone involved. Cheers, Nick.

chris mason
08-31-2008, 10:37 PM
Thanks guys! We work hard to keep it that way. I agree, most of the boards are full of jealous and angry trolls who just spew crap. To me, a message board should be for people with common interests who want camaraderie etc.

Chris

Eric Downey
09-01-2008, 08:58 AM
I'm new to powerlifting and I cruse several forums seeking information and trying to get to know the people in the new world I've chosen to join. I work with an established powerlifter that has taken me under his wing and mentored me and encouraged me without judgement or seeking money. As I look to other forums for tips and ways to perform lifts, I see posts that are nothing but negative, ridicule people for posting training videos, or post upcoming meets. Every time I come here and read posts, it is nothing but positive; thank you to everyone that helps those of us that are new and those that encourage other lifters. Kudos to those that remove negative posts and see the bigger picture of powerlifting...encouraging lifters at any level. Just something I had to get off my chest, this is one of my favorite forums to visit for information.

Illinimeats

I hear ya brother. I to workout with a very big lifter in this sport and he to has never asked for anything in return. Its a pleasure for me to be apart of the truly stacked team of talent

vdizenzo
09-01-2008, 08:58 AM
Excellent post. They do a great job here at WBB.

Ben Moore
09-01-2008, 09:11 AM
Excellent post. They do a great job here at WBB.

Humble bas****:moon:

Travis Bell
09-01-2008, 09:21 AM
I think WBB is a great site! Its great to see so many of the lifters I've looked up to for so long all on one site

samj
09-01-2008, 10:06 AM
I have noticed this section to hold the nicest of people and strongest!

geoffsherman
09-01-2008, 10:24 AM
I started to come here because I got tired of the other boards. It seemed like whenever someone would post a video, people would jump all over the person aboutthe squat being high. It was literally ridiculous and I am happy that people here are so helpful and provide more useful information.