PDA

View Full Version : Bench Belt

JayM181
09-01-2008, 10:17 AM
How many here use a bench belt. The one that's about 2 1/2 inches wide all the way around. I have one, but I'm not sure if I really like it or not. I can arch more, but it doesn't feel like I'm getting a lot of support.

geoffsherman
09-01-2008, 10:20 AM
I personally thoughtitfelt awkward, but I know some people swear by it.

Travis Bell
09-01-2008, 10:25 AM
I like my lever belt better. I put so much stress on my lower back (especially at a meet for some reason) I like the extra support and I give up the little extra arch

Eric Downey
09-01-2008, 11:37 AM
i love mine. it helps me be able to reach for the bar more.

Ryano
09-01-2008, 12:18 PM
I have both the APT bench belt(single prong) and a Toro Lever bench belt. I like both. They both really hold down the shirt and don't restrict my arch.

vdizenzo
09-01-2008, 12:45 PM
I have tried it. I prefer the full size lever belt.

Ben Moore
09-01-2008, 01:04 PM
I have the APT one and like it alot.

JayM181
09-01-2008, 06:14 PM
Thanks for the input everyone. I guess I'll just have to experiment which belt is better.

waynedang
09-01-2008, 07:01 PM
I really like the APT bench belt. I wear it kinda low in the front to help push my gut up to reduce my ROM.

mastermonster
09-01-2008, 11:15 PM
I have recently started using the Toro lever bench belt that Ryano mentioned. Titan sells it. It is narrow in the back to not hinder your arch, but wide in the front to hold the shirt down better. After a few sessions to get used to it, I like it very much.

Eric Downey
09-02-2008, 10:32 AM
The titan Toro is the same one i use. I think the fact its bigger in the front holds the shirt a little better and I dont have to tighten it as tight.

AJ Roberts
09-02-2008, 02:58 PM
I'm not a big fan of the bench belts at all, rather stick with my regular one.

mikesbench
09-02-2008, 04:15 PM
I use an old p.o.s. belt that I cut down to about 2" all the way around. I've never felt like I needed "support" from my belt when benching. It holds my shirt down and I can arch as much as I'm capable of.

smokinHawk
09-02-2008, 05:56 PM
Id say the bench belt compared to your full size belt, seemed like you were able to get your big fat gut up more for that 500 and only have 2" from lock out compared to 4" from lock out on your thicker belt.

do you think you need the support in your back to hit more weight?

ACaslow
09-02-2008, 07:30 PM
this isn't a plug, but yes they are one of my sponsors.

But, the SPUD BENCH BELT, is awesome. I have both the leather and the spud version, and the spud bench belt is by far the most versatile belt for benching. You can getting it screaming tight for back support but it's flexible enough to hold comfort. That and the material sticks to the shirts/singlets so it does an amazing job of holding the shirt in place.

AdamBAG
09-03-2008, 11:32 AM
this isn't a plug, but yes they are one of my sponsors.

But, the SPUD BENCH BELT, is awesome. I have both the leather and the spud version, and the spud bench belt is by far the most versatile belt for benching. You can getting it screaming tight for back support but it's flexible enough to hold comfort. That and the material sticks to the shirts/singlets so it does an amazing job of holding the shirt in place.

I got a Spud belt from Marc Bartley when he came to the Europa and I like it a lot. I tend to lose my arch with a big belt and the Spud belt has been a great fix. You can get it really tight too which is nice w/o breaking down your arch.

bigbadwolfe
09-03-2008, 06:58 PM
JAY,

You really need to stick to the bench belt. I agree with Johnathon for some reason you seemed to arch a little more with it.

Well that and the fact you are getting to damn FAT for your other belt :)

JayM181
09-03-2008, 07:00 PM
JAY,

You really need to stick to the bench belt. I agree with Johnathon for some reason you seemed to arch a little more with it.

Well that and the fact you are getting to damn FAT for your other belt :)

Hahahahaha.. You gotta' have the belly for the "belly up" thing.:evillaugh: