PDA

View Full Version : Polish sausage?

Invain
09-01-2008, 02:01 PM
Anybody have some good quick recipes for polish sausage, maybe something with potatoes as well?

I love just sliced sausage and potatoes cooked together in a pot but it gets a little boring after a while and would love to try some simple recipes with a little more flavor.

Willie
09-01-2008, 02:36 PM
I don't see why you couldn't use polish sausages in this:

http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=113496

=Travis=
09-01-2008, 03:51 PM
cook it with kraut, just put it in a ppan and slowly cook the sausage and kraut together. Plus kraut has minimal calories and lots of fiber.

40 Nunc
09-01-2008, 05:47 PM
I don't see why you couldn't use polish sausages in this:

http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=113496

Damn that looks good! I'm guessing its not a meal to have while cutting...

Invain
09-01-2008, 07:15 PM
Thanks so far. My mom makes it with sour kraut, but I hate it, so I'd rather not make it for just myself, lol.

Damn Willie, that looks amazing! I'll prolly try it sometime, just without the shrimp since I'm a poor college kid.

=Travis=
09-01-2008, 07:41 PM
Thanks so far. My mom makes it with sour kraut, but I hate it, so I'd rather not make it for just myself, lol.

Damn Willie, that looks amazing! I'll prolly try it sometime, just without the shrimp since I'm a poor college kid.

HA - I hated when my folks made me eat sauerkraut but as I got older I learned to love eating it. Cabbage was the same way.

RedSpikeyThing
09-01-2008, 08:47 PM
You can make a good has with any sort of sausage.
Fry up the sausage with garlic and onion, toss in the potatoes in small cubes. Let them brown then turn down the temperature and put a lid on so they steam all the way through.

Tennessee Mike
09-03-2008, 06:10 AM
Coming form Polish/German,trust me,Get yourself some fresh Kielbasa.Cook it in boiling water for an hour and cool it in the fridge for awhile.Cut a hunk off and dice it up small.Throw it in a pan with some butter until brown then add some eggs.Basically scrambled eggs with Kielbasa.My family makes it every Christmas,Easter.I make it anytime I can.The saurkraut is good too.But the key is to get fresh sausage and not smoked.

manowar669
09-03-2008, 07:56 AM
Also coming from German/Polish I lived on Kielbasa. My Polish Grandmother was a warbride from WWII, and brought lots of great recipes with her, which I grew up on. Kielbasa sauteed in a skillet (butter) with chopped cabbage, sliced potatoes, sliced onion, and red kidney beans, salt, pepper.
Kielbasa sandwiches, with sauteed onions and green peppers.
Layer Kielbasa slices in your scalloped potatoes.
Skewered kielbasa, with mushrooms, onion, peppers, tomatoes. Toss on the grill (like shish kebab).
And, of course, kielbasa in mac-n-cheese.

Tennessee Mike
09-03-2008, 12:12 PM
Polish sausage.Its also how my wife refers to my manhood.

RedSpikeyThing
09-03-2008, 04:05 PM
Get yourself some fresh Kielbasa..

:drooling: It's really good sliced length wise and BBQed too