PDA

View Full Version : 1-0-7 BARBELL ME Squat/DL 9/1/08

Ben Moore
09-01-2008, 08:17 PM
Here's some vids from today. Reko continues to get better in his suit. We had one of our new guys (Ditka2008) come out to squat. I took it easy on squats to pull big - ended up with a PR!

655 DL - Me (How's the form?)
4TQpNKfV7FE&hl

625 Squat - Reko
IDILWyGtKug&hl

315 Working on Sitting Back - Shawn
LkD-YfIFzAY&hl

Reko
09-01-2008, 09:16 PM
Oh yea, any pointers on the squat too would be appreciated (messed up the unrack a bit on the first attempt, that is a given already).

chris mason
09-01-2008, 09:21 PM
Good work guys!

Reko, it looks to me like you need to sit back a bit more and you probably know you need to get down a few more inches for a competition squat (a nice lift in any event).

Chris

Chris Rodgers
09-01-2008, 09:29 PM
Ben- I'd say that pull looks real good. Definitely a big improvement from when you started.

Reko- just curious why you guys didn't go ghetto-monolift there? If you plan to compete in a monolift, I would do all your gear work in one. I think it definitely changes everything(tightness, stance, depth, etc.) Also, what is the most weight you have squatted and do you ever use knee wraps? I think with a monolift+knee wrap you could have gone deeper and came up easier.

Ben Moore
09-01-2008, 09:31 PM
Not sure why we didn't turn ghetto mono on that one - probably should have.

Ben Moore
09-01-2008, 09:31 PM
Ben- I'd say that pull looks real good. Definitely a big improvement from when you started.

Thanks Chris!

Reko
09-01-2008, 09:36 PM
Good work guys!

Reko, it looks to me like you need to sit back a bit more and you probably know you need to get down a few more inches for a competition squat (a nice lift in any event).

Chris
Chris - Ben said the same thing too (about sitting back). Its my second time in a suit so I am working on depth. I think I got it, or real close anyway on my set before that with 535x2.

Reko- just curious why you guys didn't go ghetto-monolift there? If you plan to compete in a monolift, I would do all your gear work in one. I think it definitely changes everything(tightness, stance, depth, etc.) Also, what is the most weight you have squatted and do you ever use knee wraps? I think with a monolift+knee wrap you could have gone deeper and came up easier.
Not sure why we didn't ghetto monlift either. I use wraps, just like I said above its the second time in the suit so I didn't want to go all out with it just yet. In the suit that is what I have done and I think I got 535x2 to depth or close today before that. Without the suit (but with the briefs/wraps/belt) Im good for about mid-upper 500's.

Ben has given me some good advice and I am sure Will will be able to help out once he gets back and sees me in a suit, but I figure the more people that look at it the more can chime in.

Ben Moore
09-02-2008, 12:29 PM
It will take time but I think you'll get the feel for it very soon. Strong stuff none the less