PDA

View Full Version : Pre/Post Workout Meals

NewGuy2008
09-01-2008, 11:39 PM
hey i

Lones Green
09-02-2008, 03:33 AM
pre workout have some carbs and protein, post workout have some carbs and protein. i take atlarge's MAXIMUS before workouts, and half a serving after, mixed with a serving of RESULTS before and after workouts. plenty of calories.

WORLD
09-09-2008, 07:37 AM
Eat a meal and dont be so concerned about how big. When I'm short on time I'll eat a smaller meal. After training I eat a huge meal (usually my dinner). Some people don't like to eat fats before training but I personally dont mind. u

After my pre WO meal I'll have a shake made of maltodextrine and whey. I drink that 10-20 minutes before training. After training I'll eat my meal. You can have a Post WO shake too if you like.

Keith
09-10-2008, 02:04 AM
You're overthinking this concept. Keep the ratio 1:1 pre and post workout -- it doesn't really matter. If you're cutting, know what you're taking in (calories) and keep the deficit no more than 10%. Consume at least 1g of protein per pound of lean body mass (not total weight) and 0.5g of fat per pound of lean body mass. Most important thing by far is tracking your calories, though.

Tennessee Mike
09-10-2008, 05:42 AM
I always go high carb on pre workout.Like oatmeal or something similar.Afterwards eggs or a shake.

Reko
09-10-2008, 07:49 AM
I don't know how you guys are drinking shakes before a workout, I wouldn't be able to do that. I don't really care what I eat pre-workout, just so that my stomach is about medium full and the food is solid haha. Not full to the point I can't suck in air, yet not empty enough that I get shaky and let my stomach start growling, but juuuuuuust right. I'll even eat during a workout to get there if I need to, that part doesn't bother me too much although its probably not optimal.

Gable
09-10-2008, 10:02 AM
Pre - 2 scoops of Nitrean (or similar)
2 scoops of Results
5-10g BCAA's

Post - 2 scoops of Nitrean (or similar)
5-10g BCAA's

Then I'll eat something a little later, usually chicken breast and broccoli, or steak and broco.. or whatever.

Keith
09-10-2008, 12:30 PM
I don't know how you guys are drinking shakes before a workout, I wouldn't be able to do that. I don't really care what I eat pre-workout, just so that my stomach is about medium full and the food is solid haha. Not full to the point I can't suck in air, yet not empty enough that I get shaky and let my stomach start growling, but juuuuuuust right. I'll even eat during a workout to get there if I need to, that part doesn't bother me too much although its probably not optimal.

I agree. Personally I don't enjoy shakes pre workout, either. It just doesn't sit right majority of the time. To the OP, either way, eat a solid meal that's an equal ratio of P+C and you'll do fine.

Rodzilla
09-10-2008, 07:11 PM
your 175 and want to cut 15lbs.... i think we need to look at this a little closer.

KarstenDD
09-10-2008, 08:44 PM
pre-workout: food
post workout: shake then food
It doesn't need to be complicated.