PDA

View Full Version : Vdizenzo & Wolfe

NASAKYCHAIRMAN
09-03-2008, 05:43 AM
Could you please critique this miss & any advice to help? Another forum said I had bad form and bp like a bodybuilder:) During this meet, you are being judged by IPF Judges and a IPF panel too(total of 5-6 judges)

Thanks a lot,

611 BP MISS
Y0h4zAkzzqM

TRAIN HARD

"BIG WILLIE" J.T. HALL
GOT MAXIMUM MASS STACK?

smokinHawk
09-03-2008, 06:10 AM
you sure bench with a flat back, seems like your not getting much from your lats or legs (drive), and your elbows are flared out.
seems like all of that would help you get past that sticky point
good luck.

AdamBAG
09-03-2008, 11:30 AM
I'll let Vincent and Wolfe give the advice, but that was a hell of a good attempt.

pocoloco blanka
09-03-2008, 12:31 PM
my routine is to get my feet set, arch my back, take a deep breathe and then look at the bar, remember to tuck my elbows and tell bar :evillaugh:that i am going to break its bich ass in two peices..

vdizenzo
09-03-2008, 01:39 PM
Are you not wearing a belt? Smokin is right, you are definitely flat backed and appear to have very little leg drive. Elbows are a little flared, but does that have to do with not being allowed to touch low?

xolix
09-03-2008, 02:33 PM
Are you not wearing a belt? Smokin is right, you are definitely flat backed and appear to have very little leg drive. Elbows are a little flared, but does that have to do with not being allowed to touch low?

i am not a pro-bencher, but in my raw bench competition was and is it not allowed to touch lower than solar plexus ... i was surprised and i needed to work with this chest touching thing ... its not easy to tuck the ellbows . it sucks a bit . because my natural feeling on the benchpress is to touch the bar on upper abdominal .

vdizenzo
09-03-2008, 03:08 PM
i am not a pro-bencher, but in my raw bench competition was and is it not allowed to touch lower than solar plexus ... i was surprised and i needed to work with this chest touching thing ... its not easy to tuck the ellbows . it sucks a bit . because my natural feeling on the benchpress is to touch the bar on upper abdominal .

I am aware of this possibility, hence my question.

bigbadwolfe
09-03-2008, 06:15 PM
I'm not sure as t owhat the ruling is but I will agree with Vin. If you can arch get that belly up, even if you cant go below the sternum you can still cut a little distance. And watching the vid again it loks like you did not pull your shoulder blades back that to will cut some distance. As for the elbows being out that will prolly relate back to not being allowed to belly bench, Right?

Other then that on the set up I would suggest doing some heavy mid to top range board work so when you hit that sticking point you will be use to driving that weight through no problem. Hope this helps??

Wolfy!!!

Eric Downey
09-03-2008, 07:16 PM
Wolfe ive watch his vids for awhile now and his brd work i think is to much. With more speed of the chest he can move through that sticking point. Also being a fellow elbows out bench-er that im trying to change. For me the Rage worked better for me than the RageX. The rage tends to be more elbows out shirt.

chris taylor
09-03-2008, 07:43 PM
First the shirt looks way to loose it just about grabs ever so slightly right about 2 inches from the chest. Second you need to work your midrange harder IE use a hell of alot of band tension with 2-3 board and the tighter shirt you will be buying. Also It wouldn't hurt to get a bit more arched. I know you love to hit all kinds of raw reps and pr's but in order to put up big weight in a shirt at a meet you need to train in the shirt till the point it becomes part of you.

CT

Travis Bell
09-03-2008, 08:25 PM
I'd probably drop the reverse bands as well. Go for a regular band set up and hit some 2brds. Yes your elbows are out quite a bit and you don't have much leg drive, but I think that has more to do with the fact that you are so flat backed. I also agree that you should get a tighter shirt. You'll have to really learn to tuck those elbows though to make a tighter shirt work

After watching it again, it appears you don't really pinch your shoulder blades together much either? I'm not sure, its a little difficult to see

NASAKYCHAIRMAN
09-04-2008, 05:45 AM
Well, from reading everybody post, I need to:
1. pull shoulder blades back
2. heavy mid board
3. more speed work
4. tighter shirt
5. more leg drive
6. better arch

I'm going to work on these areas and put up better numbers at the Sept, 2009 usapl bp nationals in OH.

Also, no belly benching or touching low is allowed. Some lifters got red lighted for doing this very thing.

Thanks a lot!!

TRAIN HARD

"BIG WILLIE" J.T. HALL
GOT MAXIMUM MASS STACK?

Eric Downey
09-04-2008, 10:14 AM
When getting the tighter rage x. You may wanna baby it at first. its also gonna be so tight that you think its to tight but it'll loosen up after a few workouts. The singles do that. What size do you were now?

NASAKYCHAIRMAN
09-04-2008, 10:19 AM
When getting the tighter rage x. You may wanna baby it at first. its also gonna be so tight that you think its to tight but it'll loosen up after a few workouts. The singles do that. What size do you were now?

I use a size 52.

TRAIN HARD

"BIG WILLIE" J.T. HALL
GOT MAXIMUM MASS STACK?

Eric Downey
09-04-2008, 10:25 AM
Being as muscular as you are i think the 50 chest plate may be to narrow. Its to small on me. Id get a 52 chest plate and 50 arm tube and if you can have the colar reinforced. Also you can have some of the back material removed for the top so you can pull the shirt down more.

smokinHawk
09-04-2008, 10:47 AM
I use a size 52.

TRAIN HARD

"BIG WILLIE" J.T. HALL
GOT MAXIMUM MASS STACK?

i got a 44 double ply id sell you cheap,

er ok its to small and they dont let you do double ply in your meets you attend....

edit: question for you (off topic) do you type out the signature every time you post? they do have an automatic sig in your user control panel, i'm ju's sayin'
might save you time.

NASAKYCHAIRMAN
09-04-2008, 11:12 AM
Being as muscular as you are i think the 50 chest plate may be to narrow. Its to small on me. Id get a 52 chest plate and 50 arm tube and if you can have the colar reinforced. Also you can have some of the back material removed for the top so you can pull the shirt down more.

I already have a hybrid Rage X(52 chest & 50 arms). It's brand new and need to be broken in.

Thanks a lot,

TRAIN HARD

"BIG WILLIE" J.T. HALL
GOT MAXIMUM MASS STACK?

Eric Downey
09-04-2008, 05:45 PM
Work with it.

vdizenzo
09-04-2008, 07:33 PM
J.T. do you squat?

NASAKYCHAIRMAN
09-05-2008, 05:27 AM
J.T. do you squat?

I do squat, reverse hyper, trapbar deadlift & leg press.

TRAIN HARD

"BIG WILLIE" J.T. HALL
GOT MAXIMUM MASS STACK?

NASAKYCHAIRMAN
09-05-2008, 05:27 AM
Work with it.

OK.

Thanks a lot,

"BIG WILLIE" J.T. HALL
GOT MAXIMUM MASS STACK?

vdizenzo
09-05-2008, 08:41 PM
I do squat, reverse hyper, trapbar deadlift & leg press.

TRAIN HARD

"BIG WILLIE" J.T. HALL
GOT MAXIMUM MASS STACK?

When you squat, do you squat with your big toes up in your shoes? That's a great tip for squatting. It's also an excellent way to bench. Keep your big toes up in your shoes when you bench and drive through your legs.