PDA

View Full Version : bench question for vincent dizenzo

xolix
09-04-2008, 06:04 AM
i have read the article "600 raw bench" , and my question is ,why is there not a chest exercise as an supplementary movement like dumbbell inclines or something like this ? is it not a must for a raw bencher ?

RhodeHouse
09-04-2008, 04:48 PM
Chest work is not the most important thing for benching. I'm not sure what some of the other guys think, but I'd say raw benching is more shoulders, back/lats, and triceps than pecs. Not to say they aren't important, but they are certainly not top on the list.

vdizenzo
09-04-2008, 05:56 PM
i have read the article "600 raw bench" , and my question is ,why is there not a chest exercise as an supplementary movement like dumbbell inclines or something like this ? is it not a must for a raw bencher ?

ME bench, DE bench, and board presses hit chest just fine. I never found a need for another exercise. In addition, I find dumbell presses of any kind very dangerous.

Keep it simple. Stop otherthinking it.

vdizenzo
09-04-2008, 06:00 PM
Chest work is not the most important thing for benching. I'm not sure what some of the other guys think, but I'd say raw benching is more shoulders, back/lats, and triceps than pecs. Not to say they aren't important, but they are certainly not top on the list.

Listen to coach Rhodes. I do!