PDA

View Full Version : newguy's Journal

threeonefive
09-04-2008, 09:31 AM
Hey, I'm fairly new to lifting, i started in may 2008 after 6 years of sitting in my livingroom eating mozzarella stick, smoking weed, and playing videogames. So as you can imagine I didnt have much base strength to work with. I figure I'll start keeping a journal here in hopes that someone sees what I'm doing and can give me some advice. Here it goes.

Height: 5'10
Weight: 170 lbs.

Diet: I eat 5 meals a day. Usually about 2700 calories give or take. they are usually as follows or close to it:

Breakfast:
6 Eggwhites, Scrambled
1/2 a wheat bagle
1/2 a grapefruit
8oz of fat-free yogurt
Multi Plus
Fish Oil
ETS

Morning pre-workout:
1 serving of results.
1 20oz powerade consumed during workout

Morning post-workout snack:
1 serving of Opticen with 2 cups of fat-free milk

Lunch:
Sandwhich with 2 peices of whole wheat bread, 4 oz of turkey breast, fat free mayo, and swiss cheese.
1 cup of baby carrots
1 serving of pretzels
1 apple
Multi Plus
Fish Oil

Dinner:
5oz Grilled Chicken Breast
1 cup of brown rice
1 cup of broccoli
Multi Plus
Fish Oil

Evening Snack:
2 Scoops of Nitrean with 2 cups of skim milk
ETS

I usually Drink between a gallon and 6 quarts of water a day. I'm trying to stay right around 170 lbs, but to gain strength, heres the big kicker though: I'm a type 1 diabetic. Since turning from a couch potato to someone who excersizes regularly i've found the diabetes is much easier to control. In fact late in the day i need to take almost no insulin what so ever, after convering my Results and my Opticen with insulin, my body seems to maintain a a stable glucose level for the next 3 meals without taking any of my short-acting insulin.

As for my workouts I am following a modified version of the westside for skinny bastards program. I always lift in the morning, Monday is my max Effort day, and I work on Conditioning monday evenings. Tuesday is a rest day, wednesday is a conditioning day, thursday is my Repetition upper Body day, Friday is conditioning, Saturday is Lower Body, and Sunday is a rest day. Here's what i'm working out at now, more to come:

Monday 9/1/08 - Max Effort Upper Body
Max Effort Lift - Regular Barbell Bench Press - Worked up to 5 reps@ 115 lbs.
Supplimental Lift - Flat Dumbbell Bench - 4x10, 35 lb dumbbells
Horizontal Row - Seated Cable Rows - 4x15, 60 lbs.
Rear Delt/Upper Back - Seated Dumbbell "powercleans" - 3x12, 15 lbs
Weighted Abdominal Exercise - Elevated leg crunches - 4x15, 35lbs

this workout was done in the morning, and was followed by 30 minutes of interval sprints in the evening.

Thursday 9/4/08 - Repetition Upper Body
Regular Barbell Bench Press - 3x8, 95lbs
Tricep Rope Pushdowns - 4x10, 30 lbs
Lat Pulldowns - 4x12, 60 lbs.
Dumbbell Shoulder Presses - 3x15, 20 lbs.
Alternate Dumbbell Curls - 3x10, 15 lbs.
Abdominal Circuit:

20 bicycle Crunches
20 ab crunches with 90 lbs on machine
15 side crunches with 50 lbs on machine
20 back extensions with 90 lbs on machine
5 hanging leg raises on pullup bar, each followed by a pull up
15 leg raises on dip bars
20 elevated leg crunches with 30 lbs

More to come in the future.