PDA

View Full Version : Forging My Ideal Physique

Tempered
09-05-2008, 05:46 AM
Hello everyone! I am starting this log to help keep me accountable. I have always done better when I know others are watching. If you see me slacking then let me know.

Background
I have been training pretty consistently for over 4 years now. I got a wake up call from my doctor and decided to actually listen to him (boy was he shocked). In that time I have dropped close to 40 pounds (low of 137 lbs at 9%) and cut and bulked back to where I am now with an average lean mass gain of around 5 7 lbs per year. If you believe in body type classifications I would say that I was leaning towards being an ectomorph with the majority of my fat storage in the midsection.

Currently I am around 175 lbs and 14% body fat (pictures coming soon). I am just shy of 5' 8" and almost 45 years old. My best 1 rep lifts were from about two months ago at the end of my most recent bulk. They are probably a bit lower now, as I have not been going heavy since then.

Flat Bench Press 290 lbs.

Back Squat 332.5 lbs.

Conventional Dead lift (hook grip with straps) 380 lbs.

Overhead Press 167.5 lbs.

Power Clean 175 lbs.

Here is a list of what I have been doing over the last 4 years
Jan 2004 - Nov 2004 (Fat loss and beginning strength training using HST)
Dec 2005 - March 2006 (Max OT bulk)
April 2005 -May 2006
April 2005 - Sept 2005 (SGX with Swolecat coaching Link to journal (http://www.vizualxcellence.com/vb3/showthread.php?t=5160))
Sept 2005 - March 2006 (SUP 2 with Swolecat coaching for the first 3 months)
April 2006 - August 2006 (SGX without coaching)
Oct 2006 - Dec 2006 (SUP 2 without coaching)
Jan 2007 - Feb 2007 (SGX diet with bodybuilding routine)
March 2007 - June 2007 (Get Shredded diet with bodybuilding routine)
July 2007 - August 2007 (WSFSB bulk)
Sept 2007 - Dec 2007 (Starting Strength)
Jan 2008 - July 2008 (Texas Method)
August - September (Whole body workout with progressively lower rest periods)

Into the Fire
Earlier this year I was contemplating my progress and where I was headed. I have had no direct coaching and workout at home so, as my weights have increased, I have worried about my form. My progress has been OK but I am fighting father time and feel I need to step things up to reach my ideal physique. I have also recently become interested in Olympic lifts. What all this told me was that I needed a one on one trainer.

Thanks to Google I was able to find someone in my area that was a perfect fit for my needs. You might know him as he is a prominent member of this board. He goes by Borris (http://www.wannabebigforums.com/member.php?u=1907) and his real name is Issac Wilkins. Check out his web site (http://www.wilkinspower.com/) or blog (http://www.gotstrengthblog.com/) if you get a chance. I feel like I could not have been any luckier to have such a qualified trainer close by.

I had my first training session with Issac on Wednesday. Man I should not have dropped cardio! I am out of time but I will post my impressions about it soon.

Tempered
09-05-2008, 11:42 AM
First Day

So Isaac shows up and I give him the 10 cent tour, what equipment I have available. We end up in the garage where I have recently built a weightlifting platform (for my new bumper plates). He gives me a few exercises to do as a warm up. He checks my power clean form and gives me some spots to work on.

The he hits me with, "I want you to do as many clean and presses as you can in 10 minutes."

I think, well, I only have 95 lbs on the bar, this can't be that bad...

Wrong! It is hot in the garage, I am a little winded from some other stuff we have done. It quickly becomes a game of me not pushing myself so far that I puke. He stops me after 5 minutes and 18 reps.

This is exactly what I am looking for. There is no way I would do something like this on my own without someone telling me to. I hate high intensity stuff but I know that I should do it (funny thing is, I used to feel this way about squats and deads). I am sure there will be more to come and although I do not really look forward to doing it, I know I will be better for it. Who knows, maybe it will become a staple of my routines like squats and deads have?

Afterwards we talked about my goals, what his views are on several fitness topics, and just bull****ted a bit. I really am glad I decided to contact him.

Goals
I am taking a week vacation to the mountains starting on October 4th so I plan on cutting down until then and hope to be around 10% BF. Once I get back I will start bulking again and focus on size and strength. In addition to this I want him to work with me on my form, especially on powerlifting and Olympic lifts.

Tempered
09-06-2008, 05:40 AM
These pictures are from August 08 at the end of my bulk.
http://www.onesteponerep.com/images/2008/BackAugust08.jpg
http://www.onesteponerep.com/images/2008/BackDBAugust08.jpg
http://www.onesteponerep.com/images/2008/FrontDBAugust08.jpg
http://www.onesteponerep.com/images/2008/FrontMMAugust08.jpg

Tempered
09-06-2008, 05:41 AM
Thursday 9/4/08

20 minutes of steady state cardio to promote recovery.

Tempered
09-06-2008, 07:42 AM
Friday 9/5/08

Dynamic Warm-up
Jumping Jacks: 1x30 reps
Bodyweight Squats: 1x20
Standing Lunges: 1x10 each leg
Side Lunges: 1x10 each leg
Arm Circles: 1x10 forward and backward
Push-up Walkouts: 1x10

Circuit A
Burpees: 1x10
Sprinter Sit-ups: 1x5 each leg
Hindu Push-ups: 1x10

Repeat Circuit A three times with 1:00 rest between circuits

Circuit B
Clean and Press (95 lbs): 1x5
Mountain Climbers: 1x10 each leg
Forward Lunges: 1x8 each leg

Total time: 36 minutes
Average Heart Rate: 138 (~ 80% MHR)

I actually did between 2 - 3 minutes rest between circuit A and B. I will work on getting that down next time.

Tempered
09-06-2008, 08:12 AM
Diet
This is the basic diet I am currently following. It will probably be tweaked some soon. I believe it needs a little more protein and a little less fat.

Totals
Calories: ~2000
Protein: ~150 (30%)
Fat: ~65 (30%)
Carbs: ~200 (40%)

Breakfast
2 Egg Whites
2 Eggs
2 Slices Lean Bacon
Green Pepper (1 Ounce)
Spinach (.5 Ounces)

Morning Snack
Low Carb Tortilla
American Cheese (1 Slice)
Turkey (3 ounces)
Spinach

Snack
Grapefruit

Lunch
Chicken Breast (3 ounces)
Lettuce (2 ounces)
Spinach (2 ounces)
Carrots (2 ounces)
Green Pepper (2 ounces)
Feta Cheese (.5 ounce)
Flaxseed (2 Tbsp)
Olive Oil (1Tsp)
Red Wine Vinegar (2 Tbsp)

Afternoon Snack
Apple

Pre WO
Xtend (2 scoops)
NO-Xplod
Dextrose (20 grams)

Dinner/PWO
Brown Rice
Fibrous Veggies
Lean Meat (5 ounces)

Tempered
09-07-2008, 07:12 AM
Sunday 9/7/08

20 minutes of steady state cardio to promote recovery.

Tempered
09-09-2008, 03:17 AM
Monday 9/9/08
Had another training session with Isaac. To start off he clipped me for a body fat reading that came in at 15.6% if I remember correctly. I was kinda shocked that it was so high but don't really worry about it as it is just a number to help us gauge progress. I may work with my calipers to try to get a more accurate reading like this.

We moved into some lifts and he checked my form on overhead squats (bar only). This is a new movement to me so I expected to have to do some work on it. It sounds like I need to work on some flexibility issues so I can get the weight farther back and have a stronger lockout. My balance was also a little off when I did some lunges with the bar overhead. Once we finished I could really feel it in my middle back.

Next up was cleans. We spent a long time going over my form and picking out the weak points. My areas for improvement were starting farther over the bar, keeping my elbows out and up while getting a good shrug, pushing my hips forward, and dropping under the bar. LOL, wait a minute, that is the whole lift! Really I don't think it was that bad and I am glad I have someone to help me improve. Everything he told me to do makes sense it is just getting to the point where the move is automatic will take some practice.

He threw in a set of Pendlay rows and then uttered the word that I dread to hear, conditioning.

Dumbbell Swings, Dumbbell Thrusters, Spider Push ups, and Mountain Climbers had me gasping on the mat in no time. Call me a wimp but let me ask you this...

When is the last time you were pushed out of your comfort zone?

cphafner
09-09-2008, 05:15 AM
Borris is a good man. You are in good hands. Good luck with your goals.

Coke
09-09-2008, 05:38 AM
Borris is a good man. You are in good hands.

No doubt, that Borris is an awesome cat - you're lucky to be working with him...wish you the best.

Tempered
09-10-2008, 02:59 AM
Borris is a good man. You are in good hands. Good luck with your goals.

Thanks man. I just wish I would have found him a few years ago.

Tempered
09-10-2008, 03:00 AM
No doubt, that Borris is an awesome cat - you're lucky to be working with him...wish you the best.

Thanks. I am really excited to see what his coaching can do for me.

Tempered
09-10-2008, 03:10 AM
Tuesday 9/9/08

Dynamic Warm-up

Circuit A

Repeat Circuit A three times with 1:00 rest

2:00 Minutes rest between Circuit A and B

Circuit B

Repeat Circuit B three times with 1:00 rest

Total time (excluding warmup): 20:15 minutes
Average Heart Rate: 143 (~ 82% MHR)

Due to some misinterpretation I previously had this a little screwed up. Isaac set me straight. Although this is still pretty demanding for me, I managed to do it without any extra rest other than a few seconds here and there near the end. I also finally got the movement down for the sprinter sit-ups so I don't look like I am having a seizure anymore.

Got the next step in my program so that starts tonight.

Chubrock
09-10-2008, 12:52 PM
Good to see one of Isaac's clients up here. You're in more than capable hands. Isaac, Will, You and myself will have to get a session in together when I travel down to lift with Will.

Tempered
09-11-2008, 09:59 AM
Good to see one of Isaac's clients up here. You're in more than capable hands. Isaac, Will, You and myself will have to get a session in together when I travel down to lift with Will.

Sounds like fun. How often do you get down this way?

Tempered
09-11-2008, 10:47 AM
9/10/2008

Dynamic Warm-up
Overhead Squats: 1x20

Upper Body

Dumbbell Push-Presses: 4 sets of 8 reps (45 lbs)
superset with:
Pendlay Rows: 4x10 (115 lbs)

Spider Push-ups: 4x5 each side (10 push-ups)
superset with:
Barbell Curls: 4x8 (60 lbs)

Ab Circuit (repeat circuit three times, with one minute of rest between circuits):
Sprinter Sit-ups: 1x10
Toe Touches: 1x20
Flutter Kicks: 1x20

20:00 of steady state cardio
AHR: 138 (~78% MHR)

On the last set of Push-Presses I tweaked my lower back a bit. It was from a bit of fatigue and a lot of stupidity. I stretched it out on the floor for about 3 minutes before continuing with the next exercise.

The ab circuit was ugly. I am finally getting the Sprinter Sit-ups down though. I didn't get all of the Toe Touches and rested a few seconds each time to finish the Flutters. Man what a burn. Gonna look for the rest next time.

My back feels pretty good today so it is minor thank goodness. Took some Aleve last night and this morning. I might push training back one day or swap some stuff around to give it a bit more rest. We will see what the man says. I also am thinking about wearing a belt anytime I do a back exercise, not for support but for a reminder to keep it straight and keep my core tight. I usually do something stupid like this once a year or so and I need to be smarter than that.

Chubrock
09-11-2008, 11:26 AM
Sounds like fun. How often do you get down this way?

I try to get down every six weeks or so. I'd like to get down more often but gas is a killer for the 4hrs one way drive.

Isaac Wilkins
09-11-2008, 11:28 AM
Hey man, good work in here! Everyone is saying nice things about me, but that's the power of the internet: I can fool them all!

;)

Seriously, all, this cat can work out. He approaches everything with focus, determination, and rationality. I'm having a blast working with him and he'll only see great success.

As for the back, if it's still feeling sore by about 3:30 today, then take the day off. Rest up, take a hot shower, and stretch if it feels tight.

I'd rather not see a belt during the conditioning work, but we'll work out some stabilization stuff. Keep up the good work!

Tempered
09-11-2008, 11:41 AM
I try to get down every six weeks or so. I'd like to get down more often but gas is a killer for the 4hrs one way drive.

Look me up the next time you come down. I am catching up on your journal now. I am still in the first part but it is some excellent work. Keep it up!

Tempered
09-11-2008, 11:43 AM
Hey man, good work in here! Everyone is saying nice things about me, but that's the power of the internet: I can fool them all!

;)

Seriously, all, this cat can work out. He approaches everything with focus, determination, and rationality. I'm having a blast working with him and he'll only see great success.

As for the back, if it's still feeling sore by about 3:30 today, then take the day off. Rest up, take a hot shower, and stretch if it feels tight.

I'd rather not see a belt during the conditioning work, but we'll work out some stabilization stuff. Keep up the good work!

Will do boss. Yea, the belt maybe is not a great idea. If I was in better shape I would have not made this mistake. Anyway, it won't be the last one I make, just gotta learn from them.

Chubrock
09-11-2008, 11:50 AM
Look me up the next time you come down. I am catching up on your journal now. I am still in the first part but it is some excellent work. Keep it up!

Haha I've been through so many phases that I've never stay constant enough to make any great gains. If I wasn't training for overall health, it was competitive grappling or now powerlifting. Even now I'm splitting my focus between powerlifting and overall conditioning. At this rate I'll continue to be mediocre, so don't expect anything impressive.

Tempered
09-12-2008, 06:04 AM
Haha I've been through so many phases that I've never stay constant enough to make any great gains. If I wasn't training for overall health, it was competitive grappling or now powerlifting. Even now I'm splitting my focus between powerlifting and overall conditioning. At this rate I'll continue to be mediocre, so don't expect anything impressive.

I think everyone changes their goals as they learn and mature. Also, there is nothing mediocre about the body recomp you have done.

Tempered
09-12-2008, 06:23 AM
9/11/2008

HIIT
3:00 warmup
8 intervals (30 second max effort/1:00 recovery)
10:00 cool down

Back was still tight last night so I tried HIIT. I felt good after the warmup so I continued with the intervals. It actually felt better afterward. Got taken to Outback for B-Day dinner and if I had remembered how freaking uncomfortable their seating is I would have gone somewhere else. On a side note I ate a 6 oz sirloin, sweet potato and broccoli so stayed pretty close to my regular diet macros (except for that small slice of bread).

My back definitely feels better this morning but it is still not 100%. It really doesn't help matters that I sit in a chair all day. Hopefully this weekend I can get past this.

Tempered
09-14-2008, 07:06 PM
9/12/2008

Dynamic Warm-up

Repeat 1 time

HIIT
1:00 warmup
20:00 moderate pace

Average heart rate for the intervals was 154 bpm.

Back is still bothering me a bit, getting better each day though. Gonna take a day off tomorrow, have some B-Day cake and a good cheat meal.

Tempered
09-14-2008, 07:21 PM
9/14/2008

Dynamic Warm-up

Repeat 1 time

HIIT

Average heart rate for the entire circuit was 48:00 at 143 bpm (~82% MHR).

Saturday was cheat day and I took the day off from training. Had Chik-fil-A for lunch and GF fixed me an awesome ribeye dinner. Also threw in some cake and ice cream. Morning meals were good, afternoon and evening was calorie pounding time. I probably won't go this extreme again until I end my cut. Sunday meals were back on schedule.

Back was still nagging me this morning and riding the mower did not help matters. After this evenings workout I don't feel it at all though. Lets hope it stays that way.

Rant time: My 5 year old string trimmer decided not to start today (1st time ever). I debated just going out and buying a new one but I hate to be one of those people that just throw things away instead of fixing them. Well, after 3 hours I got tired of messing with it. I might look at it again but there is a chance that I will drive my truck over it a few times instead. Between this and my back I was in a pretty pissy mood most of the day.

Tempered
09-16-2008, 10:45 AM
9/15/2008

Session 3 with Issac

We started off with a quick warmup and got right into cleans. He says everything is looking better but I still need work on my hip movement and getting under the bar. I am going to try to fit in some bar work this week and concentrate on getting the movement down.

Next up was bench. His first comment was "hmm, bodybuilder".

All I can say is that once he showed me how to set up it feels like a completely different lift. I look forward to seeing how this will impact my numbers. Did a few sets and worked up to a decent weight. After that he had me do a few speed sets. Finally he uttered the dreaded word...conditioning.

The circuit was 135 x 15 followed by 20 squats with 20 lb DBs. Rest period was 1 minute, total of 4 sets.

I wasn't able to get all the reps on the last two bench sets but managed to gut out the squats. I can definitely tell that my conditioning has improved since a few weeks ago as I did not die. As I write this I can feel the DOMS starting so it should be nice and painful tomorrow.

Oh, and almost zero back pain!

Coke
09-16-2008, 11:01 AM
Damn, I thought Issac was cool but now I see he's somewhat of a slave driver, lol - :D...seriously, fine effort.

Chubrock
09-16-2008, 11:05 AM
9/15/2008

Next up was bench. His first comment was "hmm, bodybuilder".

Hahaha, let me guess. You typically bench with your elbows out and to a point that is very high on your chest. You're typically flat backed and utilize no leg drive. Am I right?

Tempered
09-17-2008, 11:08 AM
Damn, I thought Issac was cool but now I see he's somewhat of a slave driver, lol - :D...seriously, fine effort.

Not so much that he is a slave driver as I have done little to no conditioning over the last 8 months. I feel better when I blame him though.:)

Tempered
09-17-2008, 11:08 AM
Hahaha, let me guess. You typically bench with your elbows out and to a point that is very high on your chest. You're typically flat backed and utilize no leg drive. Am I right?

Guilty as charged!

Tempered
09-17-2008, 11:13 AM
9/16/2008

Dynamic Warm-up

Repeat 1 time

HIIT

Average heart rate for the entire circuit was 48:00 at 138 bpm (~79% MHR).

Chubrock
09-17-2008, 11:27 AM
Haha it's all good man. Everybody benches like that until they're taught a much more efficient technique.

Tempered
09-18-2008, 11:09 AM
9/17/2008

Dynamic Warm-up
Overhead Squats (bar only): 1x20

Lower Body
One minute rest between sets and two minutes rest between exercises.

Front Squats: 4x8 (95 lbs)
superset with:
Mountain Climbers: 4x25

Walking Lunges holding dumbbells (20 lbs): 4x8 each leg
superset with:
Jump Squats: 4x10

Romanian Deadlifts: 3x12 (95 lbs)

20:00 minutes of steady state cardio

Total time: 58:00
Average Heart Rate: 146 (~84% of MHR)

Another routine that looked easy on paper but kicked my sorry ass. Once I got to the second set of lunges I had to rest 20 - 30 seconds before I could do the jump squats. The burning in my legs was intense and it was hard to even stand up. I just tried to concentrate on getting through the next set or rep and once I actually finished there was the satisfaction that I am one step closer to my goals.

Coke
09-19-2008, 08:04 AM
Props on hanging in there with the extremely hard work.

Tempered
09-19-2008, 10:41 AM
Props on hanging in there with the extremely hard work.

Thanks man! I am not so sure it is hard work or just me being out of shape. I am making progress though so that is what counts.

Tempered
09-19-2008, 10:49 AM
Thursday 9/18/08

Dynamic Warm-up

Circuit A

Circuit B

Repeat Circuit B three times with 1:00 rest between circuits

Total time: 28:30 minutes
Average Heart Rate: 138 (~ 79% MHR)

Huge improvement over this same workout on the 6th. I dropped the total time by over 7 minutes (could not do the short rest periods the last time). It still left me winded but progress was made.

Isaac Wilkins
09-19-2008, 11:08 AM
Huge improvement over this same workout on the 6th. I dropped the total time by over 7 minutes (could not do the short rest periods the last time). It still left me winded but progress was made.

Outstanding work! I told you the conditioning would improve rapidly!

Keep it up!

Tempered
09-20-2008, 07:02 AM
9/19/2008

Dynamic Warm-up

Upper Body
Dumbbell Push-Presses: 4 sets of 8 reps (40 lbs)
superset with:
Pendlay Rows: 4x10 (105 lbs)

Spider Push-ups: 4x5 each side (10 push-ups)
superset with:
Barbell Curls: 4x8 (65 lbs)

Ab Circuit (repeat circuit three times, with one minute of rest between circuits):
Sprinter Sit-ups: 1x10
Toe Touches: 1x20
Flutter Kicks: 1x20

20:00 of steady state cardio

Total time: 59:00
Average Heart Rate: 136 (~78% MHR)

I dropped the weights a little on the presses and rows just to make sure my back was still good. It seemed to hold up great. I increased the curls a bit and the last set had a bit of swing at the end. That is all good though cause some dude on the Internet told me that is how you get "Teh Gunz".

I managed to get the ab circuit done completely this time but still had to rest about 10 seconds in the middle of the last two sets of Toe Touches.

My weigh in today actually had me .2 pounds (173.4) heavier but I am not worried about it. I have lost 2.2 pounds over the last 3 weeks so the trend is still good. I also think I look a bit leaner so it is probably just some water weight.

Coke
09-21-2008, 12:18 PM
Session is looking very nice guy, keep it up.

Tempered
09-23-2008, 03:12 AM
Thanks Coke!

Well, the weekend did not go as planned. I was going to take one day off and do HIIT on the other. The next think I know it is Sunday night at 9:30 and I realize I haven't done it yet. I figured if I did it that late I would never get to bed so I skipped it.

Meals were ok, only had one cheat meal and it wasn't really that bad. My calorie intake was pretty much normal but pretty light on protein. I really need to bring some structure to my weekends.

9/22/2008

Session 4 with Issac

I was feeling pretty crappy when Issac got there, really had no energy. Once we got going though all of it went away. I blame work for trying to suck the life out of me.

Did a light warm up then moved to cleans. I feel like my form is getting better each time, still need to work on dropping under the bar though. Also did some front squats and then some split jerks. Next was a few sets of Pendlay rows. We then moved on to do some benching to reinforce my form, worked up to 3 singles at 215 I believe. My strength seems has dropped off quite a bit since my bulk. I am looking forward to getting back to a bulk but I also am feeling the lure of being lean. I may decide to continue with the cut for a month or so after I get back from vacation in a few weeks.

Well, we couldn't finish up without some conditioning! He had me do jumping jacks inside a purple band followed by some push ups I had never done before (pushup, one arm row, then rotate your body ending with the DB extended straight over your body) and finished with walking lunges. I was pretty fried after the first super set and could barely finish the pushups. This stuff always looks easy on paper but really kicks my ass.

Coke
09-23-2008, 05:53 AM
This stuff always looks easy on paper but really kicks my ass.

No kidding man, if it was easy then damn near everybody would be doing it and looking great.

Chubrock
09-23-2008, 06:53 AM
I had never done before (pushup, one arm row, then rotate your body ending with the DB extended straight over your body) and finished with walking lunges.

Sounds like a Renegade Row. The version he had you do has been referred to the Gladiator. It's a tough movement. Great job.

Tempered
09-24-2008, 02:58 AM
Yep Chub, now that you mention it I am pretty sure Gladiators is the term he used.

9/23/2008

Dynamic Warm-up

Repeat 1 time

HIIT

Average heart rate for the entire circuit was 48:00 at 139 bpm (~80% MHR).

Got stuck in a 5 hour off site meeting that went through lunch. They had lunch brought in so I had a cheat meal, ham and swiss on a wheat wrap with fruit, a bag of chips, and a cookie.

Coke
09-25-2008, 05:49 AM
That's some killer stuff there bro.

Tempered
09-25-2008, 10:35 AM
9/17/2008

Dynamic Warm-up
Overhead Squats (bar only): 1x20

Lower Body
One minute rest between sets and two minutes rest between exercises.

Front Squats: 4x8 (95 lbs)
superset with:
Mountain Climbers: 4x25

Walking Lunges holding dumbbells (20 lbs): 4x8 each leg
superset with:
Jump Squats: 4x10

Romanian Deadlifts: 3x12 (95 lbs)

20:00 minutes of steady state cardio

Total time: 57:00
Average Heart Rate: 136 (~78% of MHR)

Managed to knock about a minute off this workout and come in with a lower average heart rate, looks like the conditioning is continuing to make a difference.

I decided to make a minor tweak to my diet. I am moving the morning grapefruit to replace the apple in the afternoon. I will add 10 grams BCAA to the morning where the grapefruit was (boosts me to 20 grams BCAA per day). Mainly the apples I normally buy (Granny Smith) have been sub par lately so I just decided to cut back on them. I might cut back on calories a bit more next week depending on this Saturday's weigh in.

Tempered
09-26-2008, 05:11 AM
Thursday 9/25/08

Dynamic Warm-up

Circuit A

Circuit B

Repeat Circuit B three times with 1:00 rest between circuits

Total time: 28:20 minutes
Average Heart Rate: 136 (~ 78% MHR)

Practiced on my clean form with a bar some. I was doing it slow and really trying to think through each movement. Also did some foam rolling on my lower body. Man that **** hurts.

Tempered
09-27-2008, 02:55 PM
Damn, more setbacks. I woke up Friday feeling a little stuffy but that happens occasionally. It usually goes away after a nice hot shower. It was still bugging me afterward though, and by the time I got to work I felt like crap. I steadily got worse all day and feel crappy right now. It is most likely an upper respiratory infection that I seem to get every year or so.

This sucks. I hope I can ride this out before next week as I am going on a weeks vacation and being sick will take all of the fun out of it.

Not to mention that I really do not feel like doing any training at all. I will see how it goes but I don't expect to be able to do much until I come back in two weeks. This does mean that I will probably keep cutting until around Thanksgiving.

Weight was down 1.4 pounds this week (172.0) but a lot of that could be from not eating much yesterday.

Stay tuned.

Coke
09-27-2008, 04:55 PM
That's a basic setback man, quite the norm - hope it subsides real quick.

Tempered
10-14-2008, 06:52 PM
Well vacation in the mountains was awesome but I still have a freaking cough and am not quite 100% yet. I took the previous week off due to feeling like crap and the only exercise that I managed during the vacation week was walking a few trails.

We climbed Table Rock (1.2 mile trail with > 1000 ft elevation increase) and it was tough due to my cold. I had to stop a good bit to catch my breath and cough. The view at the top was worth it all though. I will post a few pics when I get a few minutes.

Diet was also crazy as I ate whatever I wanted, but hey, that is what vacations are for right?

10/13/2008

Session 5 with Issac

We started off with a light warmup and due to my lingering cold concentrated on lifts and didn't do much conditioning. I really felt tired at the start but once the blood got flowing I felt tons better. I think it was mostly mental as the first day back was hectic playing catchup and finding out that two people from our department were laid off on Friday.

Worked on cleans quite a bit and he commented that my form is only problematic at the top of the pull and that this should correct itself once I move to heavier weights. He also threw in some overhead presses and snatch grip deadlifts.

He came up with a plan that will move me back into a weightlifting routine for strength and said that I should make some neurological gains even though I am still at a calorie deficit. When these start to stall I should be ready to go back to a full bore bulk. I am pretty excited and ready to get back into the groove.

10/14/2008

Dynamic Warm-up

30 minutes steady state cardio
Total time: 35:50 minutes
Average Heart Rate: 130 (~ 75% MHR)

My cough seemed a little bit better today. Hopefully it will be completely gone in a few days.

Tempered
10-15-2008, 06:27 PM
Dynamic Warm-up

Lower Body
ME Front Squats
45x5
95x5
135x5
185x3
162.5x3

Romanian Deadlifts
95x12
135x6
135x6
135x6

Overhead Squats
45x8
45x8
65x8

Walking Dumbbell Lunges
20x15
20x15
20x15

10:00 Steady State Cardio

Hamstrings need more flexibility as it is hard to make it to mid shin on the RDLs but it will come with time. I have had very little training with Front Squats, RDLs, and OHSs so the starting weights were pretty light. It is going to be fun to look back on these in a few months as I expect to make good progress on all three. Luckily I workout at home so there were no girls doing OHSs with more weight than me. :)

Coke
10-16-2008, 05:50 AM
Glad you had a great vacation, mountain climbing is not for the faint at heart, lol...nice seeing you back to it.

Tempered
10-17-2008, 02:31 AM
Coke: Well it was not really mountain climbing but more like mountain walking. I did see quite a few with climbing gear though and read that table rock was a great place for it.

10/16/2008

Recovery
Did some foam rolling
40 minutes steady state cardio
Average Heart Rate: 125 (~ 72% MHR)

Tempered
10-18-2008, 05:51 AM
20 minutes steady state cardio (fasted)

Dynamic Warm-up

Upper Body
Dynamic Flat Barbell Bench Press
95 x 15 (warm up)
95 x 15 (warm up)
105 x 3
105 x 3
105 x 3
105 x 3
105 x 3
105 x 3

Chins
BW x 5
BW x 5
BW x 5
BW x 5
BW x 5

Hammer Curls
25 x 8
25 x 8
25 x 8
25 x 8

Ab Circuit (2 circuits, rest 1:00 between circuits)
Spread-Eagle Sit-ups (25 lb Plate)
1 x 15
Reverse Crunches
1 x 15
Plate Toe Touches (25 lb Plate)
1 x 15

This was the first time I have done any speed work so it felt kind of unusual but I got into the groove rather quickly. Although it seemed easy I can see it getting challenging quickly as the weight increases each week.

Ab circuit killed me as usual, reinforces the fact that I really need to work on them.

I didn't weigh-in last week since I was on vacation so this week I am down 1 lb (170.6) over the last 2 weeks. This is pretty good considering how much I ate on vacation.

Coke
10-18-2008, 07:05 PM
That's a very good workout dude.

Tempered
10-21-2008, 06:37 PM
Thanks Coke.

10/20/2008

Session 6 with Isaac

Dynamic Warm-up

Max Effort Upper Body
Close-grip Bench Press
45x5
95x5
135x5
185x3
205x3

Pendlay Rows
95x12
115x6
115x6
115x6

Incline Dumbbell Bench Press
60x8
60x8
60x8

Planks
3 sets with 1:00 rest
1:00

I couldn't gut out the last few seconds of the third plank. Add this to list of exercises that look easy but kick my ass. Other than that this was a fun workout. It felt good to get back under some weight.

Chubrock
10-21-2008, 06:43 PM
Nice close grip.

Tempered
10-21-2008, 06:48 PM
10/21/2008

Dynamic Warm-up

Conditioning
Power Cleans
135x3
135x3
135x3
135x3
135x3

Circuit (6 circuits, 1:00 rest between circuits)

Push-up Walkouts
1x10
Burpees
1x10
Bodyweight Squats
1x10

20:00 Steady State Cardio

Total time (Circuit and cardio): 45:40
Average Heart Rate: 142 (~ 82% MHR)

Today was one of those days that I really did not feel into it. On days like these I just force myself to go through the motions and get the first few exercises under my belt and, as usual, the blood gets pumping and I end up having a great workout.

Tempered
10-22-2008, 02:51 AM
Nice close grip.
Thanks man. For some reason my bench is my most advanced lift. I guess that might be because I didn't do any straight bar work (only DBs) for years due to my shoulder.

Coke
10-22-2008, 06:12 AM
...Today was one of those days that I really did not feel into it. On days like these I just force myself to go through the motions...

Ironically, those days count for much imo...props on following through to get the effort done.

Tempered
10-22-2008, 06:48 PM
Ironically, those days count for much imo...props on following through to get the effort done.

I think you misunderstood me. What I mean is that I force myself to get started and once I have my warmup under my belt I almost always have an excellent workout.

Dynamic Warm-up

Lower Body
ME Front Squats
45x5
95x5
135x5
185x3
205x3
185x3

Romanian Deadlifts
95x12
145x6
145x6
145x6

Overhead Squats
65x9
65x9
65x9

Walking Dumbbell Lunges
20x15
20x15
20x15

Weights felt much better this week. The front squats might have even been a bit too heavy as I felt like I pitched forward a bit and had to use my back to correct it. I will keep the same weight next week and make sure my form is good.

Ordered some bands today. I think I am gonna see about fabricating something to bolt to my rack for them. I really wish I had a shop. I would love to fab my own rack with all the bells and whistles. Maybe someday.

Tempered
10-23-2008, 11:01 AM
10/23/2008

Recovery
Steady State Cardio (fasted) 40:00

Added some foam rolling in the evening.

Tempered
10-24-2008, 06:02 PM
10/24/2008

Dynamic Warm-up

Upper Body
95 x 15 (warm up)
95 x 15 (warm up)
115 x 3
115 x 3
115 x 3
115 x 3
115 x 3
115 x 3

Chins
BW x 6
BW x 6
BW x 6
BW x 6
BW x 5 (could not gut out the last rep)

Hammer Curls
25 x 9
25 x 9
25 x 9
25 x 9

Spread-Eagle Sit-ups
1 x 15
Reverse Crunches
1 x 15
Toe Touches
1 x 15

20 minutes steady state cardio

I dropped the plates on the Ab exercises and tried to concentrate on form. I still had to stop several times for a few seconds to get through them. Everything else was all good but the last set of Chins. The last rep was just not there.

Tempered
10-27-2008, 06:43 PM
First up is the modification I made to my outdated rack.
http://lh4.ggpht.com/bryanspooner/SQZZx1r-a7I/AAAAAAAAA6k/diemhAzGSiA/s400/IMG_0558.jpg

http://lh4.ggpht.com/bryanspooner/SQZYzXBwtBI/AAAAAAAAA6c/l1nnONPNgwk/s400/IMG_0559.jpg

I bought four, 1/2 inch diameter hitch pins at Lowes for $5 each. I drilled 4 holes, 4 inches apart on each leg of the rack. This should allow me to set the bands up for a nice range of tension. I can always go back and drill some more holes in between these if I need to. I also cut some PVC pipe to act as a bushing and prevent excessive wear on the bands. They had some larger 3/4 inch pins that would have worked better but I didn't have a drill bit that large and did not want to compromise the strength of the rack that much. I look forward to trying them out soon and see how they work.

10/27/2008

Dynamic Warm-up

Max Effort Upper Body
Close-grip Bench Press
45x5
95x5
135x5
185x3
210x3 (last rep was ugly)
190x3

Pendlay Rows
95x12
120x6
120x6
120x6

60x9
60x9
60x9 (last rep was ugly)

Planks

Other than a few ugly reps this was a good workout. Next week will definitely be a challenge. Weight was down 1.8 this week to 168.8 pounds.

Tempered
10-28-2008, 05:43 PM
10/28/2008

Dynamic Warm-up

Conditioning
Power Cleans
145x3
145x3
145x3
145x3
145x3

Push-up Walkouts
1x10
Burpees
1x10
Bodyweight Squats
1x10

Total time (Circuit and cardio): 46:00
Average Heart Rate: 141 (~ 81% MHR)

Stick a fork in me. I'm done.

Tempered
10-29-2008, 07:00 PM
10/29/2008

Session 7 with Isaac

Dynamic Warm-up

Lower Body
ME Front Squats
45x5
95x5
135x5
185x3
205x3
215x1 (failure on second rep)

Romanian Deadlifts
95x12
155x6
155x6
155x6

Overhead Squats
65x10
65x10
65x10

Walking Dumbbell Lunges
20x15
20x15
20x15

We talked it over and decided it was best to move this weeks session to Wednesday. This gave Isaac a chance to check my form when lifting heavy on a few different exercises. My form looked okay except for the RDLs. Once he made a quick correction I could really feel the difference in my hamstrings. I didn't get the increase I wanted for Front Squats but all that will change once I get into a calorie surplus soon.

Along that note, we discussed the future and I think I will be cutting until around the 15th and starting a full on bulk on the 17th. Hopefully I will be around 10 or 11% BF by then and ready to pound some calories. Thanksgiving dinner will be epic I am sure. I can hardly wait.

Chubrock
10-29-2008, 07:26 PM
How are the OH squats feeling now?

Tempered
10-30-2008, 02:45 AM
They feel pretty good actually, a lot more natural now. I figured out that if I grip the bar tight and actively try and pull my hands outward that it activates my upper back and makes me a lot more stable. Now all I need to do is work on increasing the weight beyond "girl weight".

Tempered
10-30-2008, 04:34 PM
10/30/2008

Recovery
Steady State Cardio 40:00

Tempered
11-01-2008, 05:12 AM
10/31/2008

Dynamic Warm-up

Upper Body
95 x 15 (warm up)
95 x 15 (warm up)
125 x 3
125 x 3
125 x 3
125 x 3
125 x 3
125 x 3
95x3 (with mini bands)
95x3 (with mini bands)

Chins
BW x 7
BW x 7
BW x 7
BW x 7
BW x 6

Hammer Curls
25 x 10
25 x 10
25 x 10
25 x 10

Spread-Eagle Sit-ups
1 x 15 (with 10lb plate)
Reverse Crunches
1 x 15
Toe Touches (with 10lb plate)
1 x 15

20 minutes steady state cardio

Weight was the same as last week (168.8) but it was most likely because I met an old friend for lunch to discuss the possibility of employment. It was a high carb meal so I am sure I am just holding a little water. Both waist measurements I take were down 1/4" so I am definitely still moving in the right direction.

I threw in two extra sets to try out my mini bands and I am believer. They really let me explode the weight off my chest. I look forward to doing more work with them.

Ab work was still a bitch. I might consider adding some more work for them, maybe on my conditioning day. I figure I can put all of the stuff I hate and suck at into one workout.

Coke
11-01-2008, 04:30 PM
...Ab work was still a bitch..

That will always be the case imo, lol - the payoff is great though...nice and consistent in here bro.

Tempered
11-03-2008, 05:07 PM
Coke: Heh, that is the truth, getting some abs showing too. **** that though, I am ready to eat!

11/02/2008

Dynamic Warm-up

Max Effort Upper Body
Close-grip Bench Press
45x5
95x5
135x5
185x3
225x1

Pendlay Rows
95x12
125x6
125x6
125x6

60x10
60x10
60x10

Planks

Solid workout. I even felt like I had some left in the tank.

On a side note, our company has this Fit 'N Healthy program that we participate in to get rebates on our insurance deductible. Today as I was on the site I realized that even if I cut well into single digit body fat my BMI will still be "overweight". Here is to never being "normal" again.

Chubrock
11-03-2008, 07:52 PM
Nice benching man.

Tempered
11-04-2008, 06:47 PM
Chub: Thanks man, but I still got a lot of work to do. Gonna be looking for a 315 flat bench during this bulk coming up.

11/04/2008

Dynamic Warm-up

Conditioning
Power Cleans
150x3
150x3
150x3
150x3
150x3

Jump Shrugs
150x8
150x8

Squat Cleans
135x3
135x3

Push-up Walkouts
1x10
Burpees
1x10
Bodyweight Squats
1x10

It was a cool night so I threw a few extra exercises in.

Tempered
11-05-2008, 06:44 PM
11/05/2008

Session 8 with Isaac

Dynamic Warm-up

Lower Body
ME Front Squats
45x5
95x5
135x5
185x3
205x3
225x1
235x0

Romanian Deadlifts
95x12
165x6
165x6
165x6

Overhead Squats
75x8
75x8
75x8

Walking Dumbbell Lunges
20x15
20x15
20x15

Took too long on the 235 front squat and never really got out of the hole. Overhead squats are feeling better and progressing. Lunges suck as usual. New exercises next week. Yay deadlifts!!!

Chubrock
11-05-2008, 06:59 PM
Nice go at the front squatting. Is Isaac working out anymore or just watching you haha?

Tempered
11-05-2008, 07:11 PM
Yea, I think he is still doing some fairly light stuff and trying to rehab his ankle.

Coke
11-06-2008, 05:05 AM
Solid lower body day man.

Tempered
11-07-2008, 04:51 PM
Thanks Coke.

11/07/2008

Recovery

My schedule got thrown a little out of whack. A buddy that I haven't seen for a few months is shipping out to Pearl Harbor soon. He called me at work and wanted to go hang out so I blew off cardio and we grabbed some dinner and saw Eagle Eye (ok, but not great). I just decided to push everything a day back, do cardio today and DE chest tomorrow morning.

I also had a physical scheduled today and like a dumb ass I made if for as late as possible. I forgot that they would want me to fast before blood work. No food after breakfast. What made things worse is they had a cookout at work. I tried to mingle but had to go back inside as the smell of the burgers was driving me crazy.

I have put on about 10lbs of lean mass since I last my Doc. He was impressed and said I was doing great. He did have to give me some cream for my Rosacea. We both agreed its return was most likely due to an increase in stress at work.

I just took 2 servings of Xtend and did the cardio. I will eat my regular dinner soon and probably throw in a good amount of starchy carbs tomorrow. Only one more week of dieting left...

Isaac Wilkins
11-08-2008, 06:10 AM
You're doing a great job, man. You know I'm not going to eat your lunch, so to speak, about going out with your buddy. The schedule's designed to be a little flexible and you've made good choices.

Keep pushing! Soon there will be more food in your future!

Tempered
11-09-2008, 06:50 AM
Isaac: Yea, I really like being able to have that flex day if needed. Normally I am pretty stubborn about not missing a workout (I have been called obsessed more than once) but I figured this was a good reason and I managed to make it all up.

11/08/2008

Upper Body
95x15 (warm up)
95x15 (warm up)
135x3
135x3
135x3
135x3
135x3
135x3

Chins
BWx8
BWx8
BWx8
BWx7
BWx6

Hammer Curls
30x8
30x8
30x8
30x8

Spread-Eagle Sit-ups
1x15 (with 10lb plate)
Reverse Crunches
1x15
1x15

I knew it was going to be a busy day so I did the workout early morning. After fasting for so long on Friday, I added quite a bit of starchy cabs and ate about 1000 calories over maintenance. Diet will be back on track for the rest of the week. Only 6 more days of dieting.

Tempered
11-10-2008, 05:39 PM
11/10/2008

Dynamic Warm-up

Max Effort Upper Body
Incline Barbell Bench Press
45x5
95x5
135x5
155x3
165x3
175x3

Pendlay Rows
95x12
130x6
130x6
130x6

Flat Dumbbell Bench Press
70x8
70x8
70x8

Planks

First time I have done incline BB bench in forever. The movement felt strange at first but I got in the groove pretty quickly. I was kinda surprised I could not go heavier though.

I also threw in some overhead squats with just a 1 inch bar. I tried to get a good stretch at the bottom and hold that position for 10 seconds.

Tempered
11-11-2008, 06:03 PM
11/11/2008

Dynamic Warm-up
Overhead Squats (1" bar, 5 second pause at bottom - deep stretch): 1x10

Conditioning
Power Cleans
155x3
155x3
155x3
155x3
155x3
165x1
175x0 (close but outta gas)

Push-up Walkouts
1x10
Burpees
1x10
Bodyweight Squats
1x10

175 PC would have tied a PR. If I was fresh it would have been cake. Next week I will be bulking and hit it no problem. I am sure I still have some gains coming as my form improves too.

Tempered
11-13-2008, 03:22 AM
11/12/2008

Session 9 with Isaac

Dynamic Warm-up

Lower Body
ME Deadlifts (didn't write these down but I think it is right)
135x5
185x5
225x5
275x3
295x3
275x1
275x1
275x1

Back Squats
135x8
155x8
175x8

Overhead Squats
80x8
80x8
80x8

Walking Dumbbell Lunges
20x15
20x15
20x15

Got some good pointers from Isaac on deadlifts. I also went to a mixed grip with no straps. I can see that grip strength is definitely gonna need some work as I have used straps as a crutch for a long time.

It was good to get back to squats and DLs as it had been a few months since they were in my routine. Lunges seemed even more painful than usual due to all the prior leg work.

I met with my boss today. I was asked to replace our former manager over 6 months ago and was given a title of Team Leader (not that I consider that a real title) but no raise. I was told there was no pay increase because it was a trial period. I plead my case today for a raise and was told that she will take it to the company president but not to get my hopes up. I asked how I was doing and really got no complaints about my performance.

Two of my friends that are local and in the same field make 21K (also a team leader) and 11K (just a programmer) more than I do each year. Throw bonuses in there and the gap just gets bigger. Now I always knew our company paid a bit less but it was a great place to work. It looks like that is changing and I believe I am going to have to look into other employment. This really sucks as I like working there and have a great team but busting my ass for no reward is just not working for me.

I will see how they respond but I plan on getting my resume up to date and testing the waters after the first. It never ceases to amaze me that companies would rather you leave and have it cost them a small fortune to have someone replace you instead of giving you just a little extra money each year.

Coke
11-13-2008, 06:00 AM
I'm hearing you man, it's time for a pay increase, lol - good luck...on a nice roll with the sessions.

Tempered
11-13-2008, 04:34 PM
Coke: Heh, show me tha money!

Recovery
Just a 40 minute steady state cardio session followed up with some foam roller luvin. Legs are pretty sore so this should help a bit.

Tomorrow is the last day of the cut. Will probably take some pics this weekend.

Tempered
11-14-2008, 06:13 PM
11/14/2008

Upper Body
95x15 (warm up)
95x15 (warm up)
145x3
145x3
145x3
145x3
145x3
145x3

Chins
BWx8
BWx8
BWx8
BWx8
BWx6 (+2 negatives)

Hammer Curls
30x9
30x9
30x9
30x9

Spread-Eagle Sit-ups
1x15 (with 10lb plate)
Reverse Crunches
1x15
1x15

Everything felt incredibly heavy tonight. I am glad the dieting is over. I am probably about 10-11% body fat, just getting to the point where some abs are coming in. I kinda would like to continue cutting down as this is when I look the best but right now building mass is more important to me.

Lotsa food planned for tomorrow. I have a chocolate pie waiting patiently for me in the fridge. I just hope I can hold off on eating it until after breakfast.:)

Coke
11-15-2008, 06:04 PM
Gonna be getting lots of compliments by next spring/summer at this rate.

Tempered
11-17-2008, 11:33 AM
Coke: lets hope they are compliments and not "Holy **** you got fat!".

Diet changes started today. The weekend diet was pretty much a free for all. I will stay pretty strict during the week but have some room to play on the weekends. I am looking for about a pound per week gain.

Bulking Diet

Breakfast
2 Eggs
Egg Beaters (1/4 cup)
2 Slices Lean Bacon
Steel Cut Oats
Green Pepper (1 Ounce)
Spinach (.5 Ounces)

Protein:28
Fat:21
Carbs:30
Calories:421

Morning Snack
Whole Wheat Tortilla
American Cheese (1 Slice)
Turkey (4 ounces)
Spinach (.5 Ounces)
Grapefruit

Protein:33
Fat:11
Carbs:49
Calories:427

Lunch
Lettuce (2 ounces)
Spinach (2 ounces)
Carrots (2 ounces)
Green Pepper (2 ounces)
Feta Cheese (1 ounce)
Flaxseed (2 Tbsp)
Olive Oil (1Tsp)
Red Wine Vinegar (2 Tbsp)

Protein:35
Fat:22
Carbs:18
Calories:410

Afternoon Snack
Pretzels (1 Ounce)
Apple

Protein:31
Fat:3
Carbs:54
Calories:367

Pre WO
Xtend (2 scoops)
NO-Xplod (1 scoop)
Dextrose (20 grams)

Protein:13
Fat:3
Carbs:34
Calories:215

Post WO
Brown Rice
Fibrous Veggies
Lean Meat (5 ounces)

Protein:35
Fat:13
Carbs:78
Calories:569

Pre Bed
ON Casein Protein
Heavy Cream (1 Tbsp)
Walnuts (.5 ounces)
Plain Yogurt (1 Tbsp)
Calorie Countdown (8 Ounces)

Protein:36
Fat:22
Carbs:13
Calories:394

Totals
Protein:211
Fat:95
Carbs:276
Calories:2803

Tempered
11-17-2008, 02:57 PM
Pics from last Friday.
http://www.onesteponerep.com/images/2008/FrontDBNovember2008.jpg

http://www.onesteponerep.com/images/2008/BackDBNovember2008.jpg

http://www.onesteponerep.com/images/2008/FrontMMNovember2008.jpg

Tempered
11-17-2008, 04:20 PM
11/17/2008

Dynamic Warm-up
Overhead Squats (1" bar): 1x10 (hold 5 seconds in bottom position)

Max Effort Upper Body
45x5
95x5
135x5
155x3
180x3
160x3

Pendlay Rows
95x12
135x6
135x6
135x6

70x9
70x9
70x9

Planks

My cut ended with a final weight of 167.4 pounds. I was only down .2 over the last week but that was expected due to the fasting the week before. Illiac crest clipped at 9mm so that should put me about 11 percent BF give or take. My weight usually bounces back a good bit the first week back so I expect to be about 174-175 this weekend. For this bulk, I am hoping to be able to close in on 200 lbs before I start feeling too fat. Regardless, my ending weight should be substantially more than I have ever weighed (183ish).

Tonight was a solid effort. It feels good to go into the gym with a full tank. I am looking forward to more like it.

Tempered
11-19-2008, 03:31 AM
11/18/2008

Dynamic Warm-up

Conditioning
Power Cleans
135x3
160x3
160x3
160x3
160x3
160x3
175x0 (mental lapse)
175x0 (rack not quite high enough)
175x1 (nailed it)

Got out of work late, then some dumbass decided to crash into the safety fence and make me sit for an hour in traffic. I basically ran out of time so I dropped the circuits so I could get my weekly shopping and some meal prep done (at least that is how I am trying to justify it).

The good news is I tied my PR on Power Cleans. It took a couple of attempts but I knew it was there. I must have finally had my form close to perfect as it actually felt easy.

Coke
11-19-2008, 06:15 AM
Nice muscular shots guy, keep on with it.

Tempered
11-19-2008, 07:21 PM
11/19/2008

Coke: Thanks man, I am getting there slowly but surely.

Session 10 with Isaac

Dynamic Warm-up

Lower Body
ME Deadlifts
135x5
225x5
275x3
305x3
315x1
275x2

Back Squats
185x5
205x5
205x5

Overhead Lunges
45x10 (5 each leg)
55x10
55x10

Deadlift form is improving and my grip has not been an issue yet, but there is still more work to do. Back squat felt a lot better this week too. My strength is coming back nicely. Overhead lunges were new but I actually enjoyed them a lot. It sure beats the hell out of the fire inducing lunges up and down the driveway. Maybe Isaac is not a sadist after all...

Nope, on second thought, I am pretty sure he is. :)

Isaac Wilkins
11-20-2008, 03:56 AM
:evillaugh:

Tempered
11-20-2008, 06:04 PM
11/20/2008

Recovery

Foam roller work on legs.

Isaac Wilkins
11-20-2008, 07:07 PM
How was the DOMS today?

Tempered
11-21-2008, 05:22 AM
They were not bad at all until I tried to get out of my car. Even so, they were not as bad as last week. I mostly felt it in the hamstrings and glutes. It felt much better after the cardio and foam rolling.

Tempered
11-21-2008, 05:35 PM
11/21/2008

Upper Body
Dynamic Flat Barbell Bench Press with bands
95x15 (warm up)
95x15 (warm up)
85x3 (+mini bands on pin #1)

Chins
BWx8
BWx8
BWx8
BWx6 (+2 negatives)
BWx6 (+2 negatives)

Hammer Curls
30x10
30x10
30x9
30x9

Spread-Eagle Sit-ups
1x15 (with 25lb plate)
Reverse Crunches
1x15
Toe Touches (with 25lb plate)
1x15

Good workout tonight. The bands are a lot of fun. Not sure what happened on the chins. Nutrition and rest have been good so I am not sure what the loss of strength there is about. Could have been from body weight increase I guess (~6-7 lbs). We will see what happens next week.

I increased to 25 lb plates to the ab circuit tonight. I had misread the plan and been doing 3 circuits instead of 2. It was still just as challenging doing 2 circuits with the heavier weight.

This week was fun. It feels good to be moving back into heavier territory.

Tempered
11-22-2008, 05:43 AM
174 pounds on the dot this morning, right what I predicted. It feels great to be starting this bulk only 9 pounds from my heaviest weight ever.

Tempered
11-24-2008, 06:00 PM
11/24/2008

Dynamic Warm-up

Max Effort Upper Body
45x5
95x5
135x5
155x3
185x3 (ass was up on last rep)
162.5x3

Pendlay Rows
95x12
140x6
140x6
140x6

70x10
70x10
70x10

Planks

Another great workout. Form on my last incline press was off a bit but not a biggie. I need to think about getting some more dumbbells as 80s are as high as I have. I will pick up some 85s and 90s soon. I just hope my weight room does not collapse to the first floor.

Appetite has been crazy. It always seems that I am hungry. I have hit my base diet every day and thrown in quite a bit extra when I want. I don't think that I need to reign the extra food in just yet as I feel like I am hitting on all eight cylinders.

Tempered
11-25-2008, 05:12 PM
11/25/2008

Dynamic Warm-up

Conditioning
Power Cleans
135x3 (with split jerk)
162.5x3
162.5x3
162.5x3
162.5x3
162.5x3
180x1 (PR)

Push-up Walkouts
1x10
Burpees
1x10
Bodyweight Squats
1x10

I figured I needed to start working on split jerks and boy was I right. These really ended up being more of a push press. I will add some lightweight work next week to try and get the form down.

Nailed the power clean PR on the first try. My form still needs work but sometimes it feels like everything is spot on and the lift is easy.

Coke
11-26-2008, 06:07 AM
Props on the new power clean PR dude.

Tempered
11-27-2008, 07:09 AM
Thanks Coke! Still a ways from my goal of 225 but progress is progress.

11/26/2008

Session 11 with Isaac

Dynamic Warm-up

Form Check
Power Cleans
95x3 (with split jerk)
95x3 (with split jerk)
95x3 (with split jerk)
95x3
135x3
155x3
155x3
180x0
180x1
180x0

Lower Body
ME Deadlifts
135x5
225x5
275x3
325x1
335x0

Overhead Lunges
45x10 (5 each leg)
65x10
65x10
65x10

I warmed up and played around with my split jerks until Isaac arrived. We spent some time on my power clean form. Everything is getting better but dropping under the bar still eludes me.

We moved on to an underwhelming deadlift session. I think it was because of doing cleans the day before and this session had left my back a little tired. After every heavy deadlift my back would would hurt (spasm?) for a few seconds as soon as I set the weights down and released the tension. Because of this we did not push the DL too far and dropped the back squats. Even so it was a 10 lb increase from last week. Overhead lunges were no problem though and are moving right along.

Have a Happy Thanksgiving everyone, and enjoy your dinners!

Tempered
11-30-2008, 06:32 AM
11/28/2008

Dynamic Warm-up
(Cut this short to due time constraints)

Upper Body
95x15 (warm up)
95x15 (warm up)
95x3 (+mini bands on pin #1)

Chins
BWx8
BWx8
BWx8
BWx8
BWx6 (+2 negatives)

Hammer Curls
30x10
30x10
30x10
30x10

Spread-Eagle Sit-ups
1x15 (with 25lb plate)
Reverse Crunches
1x15
1x15

I got the craziest pump during this workout. It must have been due to the carb overload from Thanksgiving. I also had to workout first thing in the morning to get it done. Maybe that had something to do with it as well.

Weight is up 4.4 to 178.4 this week. I expect the weight gain to taper off to about a pound per week now. It might even drop a touch as T-Day still has me a bit bloated.

Tempered
12-01-2008, 06:53 PM
12/1/2008

Dynamic Warm-up

Max Effort Upper Body
Push Press
45x5
95x5
115x3
135x3
155x3
140x3

DB Rows
40x12
60x6
60x6
60x6

75x8
75x8
75x8

Side Planks (both sides)
3 sets with 0:45 rest
0:45

Had a ****ty day at work but it put me into an aggressive mood for my workout. Gonna be doing several new exercises this week. I managed to pick good weights for tonight's new stuff, challenging but not too heavy.

Tempered
12-03-2008, 03:12 AM
12/2/2008

Dynamic Warm-up

Conditioning
Power Cleans
95x3 (with split jerk)
95x3 (with split jerk)
165x3
165x0
135x3
135x3
135x3
135x3

Push-up Walkouts
1x10
Burpees
1x10
Bodyweight Squats
1x10
Mountain Climbers
1x20

Steady state cardio
20:00

Had a crappy workout tonight. Increased the weight on cleans by 2.5 pounds and missed 3 in a row on the second set. Mentally I could never get into the lift and my right shoulder started to ache a bit. I decided to drop the weight down some and concentrate on form.

Mountain climbers were added to the circuit this week and elevated the circuit from challenging to excruciating. The rest periods started at 1:00 and ended up at 2:00 on the last set. I had to use mental tricks to even finish. Just do 3 circuits and you can quit. You did 3 and are halfway, you can do one more. Only two more left, gut out one more, etc.

I am not sure why my performance was so bad, food was good. Sleep was not great but certainly not horrible.

Tempered
12-04-2008, 03:19 AM
12/4/2008

Session 12 with Isaac

Dynamic Warm-up

Lower Body
ME Good Mornings
45x5
95x5
135x5
165x3
185x3
205x3

Front Squats
135x12
175x6
175x6
175x5

Overhead Lunges
85x10 (5 each leg)
85x10
85x10

Steady State Cardio
10:00

Good mornings were a new exercise for me. I have always shied away from them because, quite frankly, they scared me. Once Isaac showed me the proper form I realized the reason I never did them was because I was doing them wrong. I was surprised at how heavy I was able to work up to this way.

Warmup weight for the Front Squats was a little heavy so I will drop it a bit next time.

Overhead lunges are starting to get heavy. I think I should probably move these to the garage as sooner or later I am going to accidentally drop the weights from overhead. It was a good workout and learned quite a bit.

Tempered
12-05-2008, 03:01 AM
12/04/2008

Recovery

Foam rolling

DOMS was pretty intense today, mostly in the quads. I did about 20 minutes of foam rolling and they felt a lot better afterward. I was feeling pretty beat up so I crashed early and missed my pre-bed meal. I did manage to make it up at 2:00 am though, got to keep those calories coming in!

Tempered
12-05-2008, 06:47 PM
12/5/2008

Dynamic Warm-up

Upper Body
75x20 (+mini bands on pin #1)
75x16 (+mini bands on pin #1)
75x12 (+mini bands on pin #1)

Weighted Chins
BW+25x5
BW+25x5
BW+25x5
BW+25x5
BW+25x4

Zottman Curls
25x8
25x8
25x8
25x8

Spread-Eagle Sit-ups
1x15 (with 25lb plate)
Reverse Crunches
1x15
1x15

Steady State Cardio

Zottman Curls were a new exercise for me. I probably could have gone with 30s but wanted to make sure I concentrated on form and got them down.

I have had a little pain in my right shoulder this week but it was feeling fine tonight. I had iced it after my workout Wednesday as a precaution and it must have helped. Hopefully 2 more days of rest will have it back to normal.

Coke
12-06-2008, 06:15 PM
Perpetual motion going on in here, good job.

Tempered
12-08-2008, 07:06 PM
Thanks Coke, one step one rep.

12/8/2008

Dynamic Warm-up

Max Effort Upper Body
Push Press
45x5
95x5
115x3
135x3
157.5x3
142x3

DB Rows
40x12
65x6
65x6
65x6

75x9
75x9
75x9

Side Planks (both sides)

Weight was actually down .2 this week at 178.4 pounds. This was most likely due to some T-Day bloat from the week before so I should be back on track this week. My shoulder was a little tender but not bad at all. Overall, another good effort.

Tempered
12-11-2008, 03:10 AM
12/10/2008

Session 13 with Isaac

Dynamic Warm-up

Lower Body
ME Good Mornings
45x5
95x5
135x5
165x3
185x3
205x3
215x3

Front Squats
95x12
175x6
175x6
175x7

Overhead Lunges
85x12 (6 each leg)
85x12
85x12

Missed my Tuesday workout due to some dental work and headache. I felt crappy and went to bed at like 7:30. I do think the rest did me good though as I felt strong on all lifts tonight. GM form was noticeably better tonight over last time as well.

Dinner time!

Isaac Wilkins
12-11-2008, 11:49 AM
12/10/2008

Session 13 with Isaac

Dynamic Warm-up

Lower Body
ME Good Mornings
45x5
95x5
135x5
165x3
185x3
205x3
215x3

Front Squats
95x12
175x6
175x6
175x7

Overhead Lunges
85x12 (6 each leg)
85x12
85x12

Missed my Tuesday workout due to some dental work and headache. I felt crappy and went to bed at like 7:30. I do think the rest did me good though as I felt strong on all lifts tonight. GM form was noticeably better tonight over last time as well.

Dinner time!

Good work last night. Every lift improved.

Look at that bodybuilder meal! That's why you're so skinny!

;)

Tempered
12-12-2008, 03:19 AM
Look at that bodybuilder meal! That's why you're so skinny!
;)
You are gonna make me cry...again :cry:

12/11/2008

Dynamic Warm-up

Conditioning
Power Cleans
100x3 (with split jerk)
100x3 (with split jerk)
140x3
140x3
140x3
140x3
140x3
140x3

Circuit (3 circuits, 1:00 rest between circuits)

Push-up Walkouts
1x10
Burpees
1x10
Bodyweight Squats
1x10
Mountain Climbers
1x20

Steady state cardio

I felt bad about missing my Tuesday workout so I did most of the work tonight. I did cut things a bit short as I was pressed for time.

Tempered
12-12-2008, 07:14 PM
12/12/2008

Dynamic Warm-up

Upper Body
85x20 (+mini bands on pin #1)
85x16 (+mini bands on pin #1)
85x12 (+mini bands on pin #1)

Weighted Chins
BW+25x5
BW+25x5
BW+25x5
BW+25x5
BW+25x5

Zottman Curls
25x9
25x9
25x9
25x9

Spread-Eagle Sit-ups
1x15 (with 25lb plate)
Reverse Crunches
1x15
1x15

Steady State Cardio

Coke
12-14-2008, 07:04 AM
Nice job there man.

Tempered
12-16-2008, 05:52 AM
12/15/2008

Dynamic Warm-up

Max Effort Upper Body
Push Press
45x5
95x5
115x3
135x3
160x3
144x3

DB Rows
40x12
70x6
70x6
70x6

75x10
75x10
75x10

Side Planks (both sides)

Weight was up 1.6 this week to 180 pounds even. The next few weeks should give me a good idea if my caloric intake is correct or not. My gut feeling at this point is that it is a touch too high so I am expecting to end up dropping about 100 - 200 calories per day at some point (or adding some more cardio on the weekend).

Workout was good. I move up to 80s on the flat DB bench presses next week. These are the heaviest DBs I have so I need to start thinking about getting some more soon.

I am going to be working on some goals for next year over the next few weeks. I will probably come up with some short term ones and some long term ones. Writing them down helps keep me on track.

Tempered
12-17-2008, 03:13 AM
12/16/2008

Dynamic Warm-up

Conditioning
Power Cleans
105x3 (with split jerk)
105x3 (with split jerk)
145x3
145x3
145x3
145x3
145x3
145x3

Push-up Walkouts
1x10
Burpees
1x10
Bodyweight Squats
1x10
Mountain Climbers
1x20

Steady state cardio

I am still getting some ache in my right shoulder after cleans so I iced it down. Exercises changes next week should mean a little less stress on them so we will see.

Diet was a little off as I went Xmas shopping and grabbed something while I was out. Today is Xmas lunch at work, tomorrow is a birthday lunch and Friday is a working lunch so it will be off quite a bit for the rest of the week. Its a good thing I am bulking.

Tempered
12-18-2008, 03:15 AM
12/17/2008

Dynamic Warm-up

Lower Body
ME Good Mornings
45x5
95x5
135x5
165x3
185x3
205x3
225x3

Front Squats
95x12
175x7
175x7
175x7

Overhead Lunges
85x14 (7 each leg)
85x14
85x14

Had lots of good food (and 4 desserts) at our luncheon today so I had tons of energy for this session. Every lift felt solid but the OHLs were a little shaky near the end. The stabilizer muscles really get a workout as you become fatigued.

Tempered
12-20-2008, 05:09 AM
12/19/2008

Dynamic Warm-up

Upper Body
95x20 (+mini bands on pin #1)
95x16 (+mini bands on pin #1)
95x12 (+mini bands on pin #1)

Weighted Chins
BW+25x6
BW+25x6
BW+25x6
BW+25x5
BW+25x4

Zottman Curls
25x10
25x10
25x10
25x10

Spread-Eagle Sit-ups
1x15 (with 25lb plate)
Reverse Crunches
1x15
1x15

Steady State Cardio

I had to go talk to a contractor after work so I was extremely late getting home for my workout. I only did a quick warmup since I was pressed for time.

My diet was also off because I bought lunch for my team. We had pizza and watched Office Space. I gave each of them a red Swingline stapler and I think they all had a good time.

My weight is a bit high this morning due to the pizza. I am up to 183.2, more than I have ever weighed before. I keep trying to tell myself not to worry about getting fatter and just keep going but honestly that is going to be tough in a few more months. I probably should bulk the entire year of 2009 but I am not sure how long I will be able to convince myself to keep going.

Tempered
12-24-2008, 03:11 AM
12/23/2008

Dynamic Warm-up

Max Effort Upper Body
Wide Grip Bench Press
45x5
95x5
135x5
185x5
205x6

DB Rows
40x12
75x6
75x6
75x6

80x8
80x8
80x8

Side Planks (both sides)

Lots of craziness going on has put me off schedule this week. I am trying to get as much work in this week as possible but I am sure I will miss something. I do plan on doing lower body on Xmas though. :)

Wide grip bench was new and I was surprised that I was not stronger in it. I guess this means that my triceps dominate my bench. Strange when my arms are as small as they are.

DB benches were easy. I really need to invest in some more DBs.

Tempered
12-26-2008, 05:13 AM
12/25/2008

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Dynamic Warm-up

Lower Body
ME Snatch Grip Deadlifts (2" platform)
95x5
135x5
185x3
225x3
245x2 (grip gave out)

Front Squats
95x12
175x8
175x8
175x8

Overhead Lunges
75x16 (8 each leg)
85x10
85x16

It was a busy day but I managed to squeeze my workout in late in the day. The snatch grip deads were new and as the weights got heavy my grip became the weak point. I will use chalk or straps next week so it should no longer be a problem.

The overhead lunges were terrible. I put the wrong weight on the bar for the first set. Then on the second I lost balance and almost crashed and burned. The last set was better but it was a real struggle to finish.

I am heading out of town for a few days but hopefully I can get something in for my dynamic upper workout.

Tempered
12-28-2008, 07:00 AM
12/27/2008

Dynamic Warm-up

Upper Body
Clapping Push Ups (30 second rest)
BWx3
BWx3
BWx3
BWx3
BWx3
BWx10

Chins
BWx12
BWx9
BWx7
BWx6

Zottman Curls
30x8
30x8
30x8
30x8
30x8

I was out of town so I threw this together just so I did something. The holidays have been reeking havoc on my workouts but everything should be calming down soon.

Bodyweight was up to 184.2 pounds this week (1 pound increase). This increase was more like what I am shooting for but with diet fluctuations over the holidays I am not sure if it is accurate. I will continue to keep an eye on it and make adjustments as needed.

Coke
12-28-2008, 09:12 AM
What a trooper you are, even pulled off a session on xmas day...good stuff throughout bro.

Tempered
12-30-2008, 06:18 AM
Thanks Coke, just trying to keep advancing.

12/29/2008

Dynamic Warm-up

Max Effort Upper Body
Wide Grip Bench Press
45x5
95x5
135x5
185x5
210x6

DB Rows
40x12
80x6
80x6
80x6

80x9
80x9
80x9

Side Planks (both sides)

Solid effort today. Diet was off pretty bad as meetings/problems at work caused me to miss a meal. Ended up being a late night and I feel like crap today.

Tempered
01-01-2009, 03:26 AM
12/31/2008

Dynamic Warm-up

Lower Body
ME Snatch Grip Deadlifts (2" platform with straps)
95x5
135x5
185x3
225x3
245x3
265x3
285x3

Front Squats
95x12
185x6
185x6
185x6

Overhead Lunges
85x16 (8 each leg)
85x16
85x16

This was a great workout to end the year with. Everything lift was challenging and I was totally spent by the end. I used straps for the snatch grip DLs and it made a huge difference. I think I will add them back for conventional DLs as well. I doubt I will ever try and compete so I would rather lift heavier weight than worry about a "legal" lift. If I ever need to, I will add some grip work.

Tempered
01-03-2009, 05:47 AM
1/2/2009

Dynamic Warm-up

Upper Body
105x20 (+mini bands on pin #1)
105x15 (+mini bands on pin #1)
105x10 (+mini bands on pin #1)

Weighted Chins
BW+25x6
BW+25x6
BW+25x6
BW+25x6
BW+25x4

Zottman Curls
30x9
30x9
30x8
30x8

Spread-Eagle Sit-ups
1x15 (with 25lb plate)
Reverse Crunches
1x15
1x15

Steady State Cardio

Trying to get back on track this week. I have been slacking on the cardio/conditioning for the last few weeks. Weight was down .6 to 183.6 pounds. This is most likely due to poor diet from the previous week. Weight gain should be more gradual from here on out.

Tempered
01-06-2009, 05:51 AM
1/5/2008

Dynamic Warm-up

Max Effort Upper Body
Wide Grip Bench Press
45x5
95x5
135x5
185x5
215x6

DB Rows
40x12
80x7
80x7
80x7

80x10
80x10
80x10

Side Planks (both sides)

Tempered
01-08-2009, 11:22 AM
1/7/2009

Dynamic Warm-up

Lower Body
ME Snatch Grip Deadlifts (2" platform with straps)
95x5
135x5
185x3
225x3
265x3
295x3

Front Squats
135x5
185x7
185x7
185x7

Overhead Lunges
95x10 (5 each leg)
95x10
95x10

Tempered
01-12-2009, 04:49 PM
1/9/2009

Dynamic Warm-up

Upper Body
115x15 (+mini bands on pin #1)
115x12 (+mini bands on pin #1)
115x10 (+mini bands on pin #1)

Weighted Chins
BW+25x6
BW+25x6
BW+25x6
BW+25x6
BW+25x6

Zottman Curls
30x9
30x9
30x9
30x9

Tempered
01-12-2009, 04:57 PM
1/12/2009

Dynamic Warm-up

Max Effort Upper Body
Close Grip Barbell Bench Press
45x5
95x5
135x5
185x3
225x3
200x3

Pendlay Rows
145x6
145x6
145x6

Incline DB Bench Press
65x8
65x8
65x8

Hanging Leg Raises
BWx15
BWx12
BWx10

Weight was up .2 pounds this week to 183.8 pounds. I am still plugging along pretty well but find myself skipping cardio much to often. I need to work on that. Strength is still increasing so I will keep going until my body tells me to back off.

Tempered
01-16-2009, 05:11 PM
1/14/2009

Dynamic Warm-up

Lower Body (Deload)
Snatch Grip Deadlifts (2" platform with straps)
95x5
135x5
185x3
225x3
225x3

Front Squats
145x5
145x5
145x5

Overhead Lunges
75x10 (5 each leg)
75x10
75x10

Boss wanted a deload and it sounded like a good idea to me, legs were feeling kinda beat. Gonna change things up some next week.

Tempered
01-16-2009, 05:17 PM
1/16/2009

Dynamic Warm-up

Upper Body
95x20
95x18
95x16

Weighted Chins
BW+25x7
BW+25x7
BW+25x7
BW+25x6
BW+25x5

Zottman Curls
30x10
30x10
30x9
30x9

Glad the workweek is over but the weather this weekend is gonna suck. Dropping into the teens tonight and cold and windy all weekend. Kinda crazy since last weekend was 80 degrees. Well, it still beats the **** outta being up north.

Tempered
01-21-2009, 05:20 PM
1/19/2009

Dynamic Warm-up

Max Effort Upper Body
45x5
95x5
135x5
185x3
230x3
205x3

Pendlay Rows
150x6
150x6
150x6

Incline DB Bench Press
65x9
65x9
65x9

Side Planks (both sides)

Weight was up 1.4 to 185.2 pounds. I am feeling a little bit fat sometimes but I try not to worry about it too much. I think I am still only 14 or 15%. It will be interesting to see how high my weight and BF get before I can no longer stand it and go on a cut.

Tempered
01-21-2009, 05:28 PM
1/21/2009

Dynamic Warm-up

Lower Body
ME Front Squats
45x5
95x5
135x5
185x3
205x3
225x3
205x3

Romanian Deadlifts
95x12
170x6
170x6
170x6

Overhead Squats
75x9
75x9
75x9

I have a love/hate relationship with leg day. I always dread it because I know it will not be easy. Once I get done though, it is a great feeling. There is nothing like it. When I head downstairs I know that I have done what I needed to do. Lets just hope I don't fall down the stairs.

Tempered
01-27-2009, 04:41 PM
1/27/2009

Dynamic Warm-up

Max Effort Upper Body
45x5
95x5
135x5
185x3
235x3
210x3

Pendlay Rows
160x6
160x6
160x6

Incline DB Bench Press
65x10
65x10
65x10

Side Planks (both sides)

I took Friday off to do some garage demo. I was pretty spent by the time I was done so I slacked and skipped my DE upper day. Monday I fell asleep early and blew off my workout as well. I beat myself up about it and got back into the gym tonight and had an excellent workout. Weight this week was up 1.0 to 186.2 pounds. Besides the slacking everything is moving right along.

Tempered
01-29-2009, 05:18 PM
1/29/2009

Dynamic Warm-up

Lower Body
ME Front Squats
45x5
95x5
135x5
185x3
230x3
240x2

Romanian Deadlifts
95x12
175x6
175x6
175x6

Overhead Squats
75x10
75x10
75x10

Tempered
02-04-2009, 05:12 PM
2/2/2009

Dynamic Warm-up

Max Effort Upper Body
45x5
95x5
135x5
185x3
240x3
225x3

Pendlay Rows
165x6
165x6
165x6

Incline DB Bench Press
70x8
70x8
70x8

Side Planks (both sides)

I took Friday off to go to the doctor for an eye problem (Chalazion). The antibiotics made me kinda queasy so I wimped out on my workout. At this point it looks like I might need to go back next week for some minor surgery.

CGBP are moving right along. I have to admit that I am curious what my max bench is at this point. I might try it soon and see how close to 300 I am.

Weight was exactly the same this week (186.2). Probably due to crappy diet on Friday. I have been eating a little bit more this wee just in case.

Tempered
02-04-2009, 05:17 PM
2/4/2009

Dynamic Warm-up

Lower Body
ME Front Squats
45x5
95x5
135x5
185x3
225x2
250x1
260x1

Romanian Deadlifts
135x6
180x6
180x6
180x6

Overhead Squats
85x8
85x8
85x8

This is the last week for these exercises and I was pretty happy with my lifts. 250 went up pretty easy so I tried 260. It went up slow but was steady. I have added 35 pounds to my max since the last time I did these. Things are moving right along.