PDA

View Full Version : Squat up Deadlift down

BIG AL
09-06-2008, 07:05 PM
I did me deadlifts today. Well I tried to. The last time I did dl from the floor was 7 weeks ago. I do some sort of variation of the dl every other week or so. My squats have been going up very well lately. I have a meet on Oct. 11th. So any advice would be great. I compete raw. I have been training for a little over 18 months. I am 6'5" and weigh 335lbs. Thank you for your advise.

Adam
09-06-2008, 11:07 PM
With a meet coming up soon I'd increase your D/L frequency a lot.
You say that you have been training for only 18 months, you'll need to tailor your westside training as such, have much more D/L's, get in some heavier squat singles and heavier bench singles.

Lones Green
09-07-2008, 09:16 AM
With a meet coming up soon I'd increase your D/L frequency a lot.
You say that you have been training for only 18 months, you'll need to tailor your westside training as such, have much more D/L's, get in some heavier squat singles and heavier bench singles.

sure.

write yourself out a training cycle leading up to the meet, incorporating what you need to incorporate.

Jonah
09-07-2008, 02:46 PM
You have about four training weeks left. First week go for a 5RM, Second Week 3rm, Third Week Heavy Single. Last week take your opener. Good luck.