PDA

View Full Version : Tried something new, and it turned out quite nice

MasterCye
09-07-2008, 04:59 AM
Was thinking of what I might be able to do with ground beef considering I was trying to limit my carbs and this is what I came up with.

First try

- Browned some Lean/xtra-lean ground beef
- drain most of the left over fat and set aside the beef
- in the remaining fat did up some carrots and celery, then after a bit added some onion. Cooked until onion is clear.
- Added back in the beef, some pepper and some water and simmered until liquid was gone.

It turned out not bad(went well with a salad), but a little bland and a bit dry.

Second try

- Browned some Lean/xtra-lean ground beef
- drain most of the left over fat and set aside the beef
- in the remaining fat did up some carrots and celery, then after a bit added some onion and minced garlic. Cooked until onion is clear.
- Added back in the beef, some pepper, mushrooms and some chicken broth.
- Simmered until liquid was mostly gone.

It turned out really nice, not dry and quite flavorful. Think this would be a good topper for some rice if you didn't cook off most of the liquid.

Anyone with some ideas to add to this to make it even better? Maybe some different spices to add a little zip?

powerboy93
09-07-2008, 09:30 AM
good idea bro.

Willie
09-07-2008, 10:08 AM
Just an idea: If you're looking to cut carbs, I'd trade the starchy carbs of carrots for some bell peppers or broccoli.

You could throw some shrimp in there for added protein, too.

powerboy93
09-07-2008, 12:17 PM
Just an idea: If you're looking to cut carbs, I'd trade the starchy carbs of carrots for some bell peppers or broccoli.

You could throw some shrimp in there for added protein, too.

love the font bro.. lol