PDA

View Full Version : Damn Ab Balls

bigbadwolfe
09-07-2008, 12:10 PM
Sooo here I am getting all nice a lean so I decide I really really need to incorporate a Core Training day into my regimin. So today was that day, I decided after doing my cardio I would hit abs, obliques, and lowerback to help strengthen a tone my core.

So after hitting a slew of core exercises I decide I will finish it all out with some ab crunhes on the ab ball. Now remember I'm VERY VERY VERY top heavy. And yes we do have an Ab ball that is rated at like 400 pounds so no it did not pop.

But as I make my way through the movements I'm trying very very hard to stay stable. Well on the 3rd set and 15th rep as I'm coming up for some God forsaken reason I look to my right. Well that is all it took. Over my big ass went right to the damn floor. Landed right no my ass, so I rolled over to my knees real fast and looked around to see if anyone was looking.

Well sure enough here was this little old lady just smiling and laughing at my big ass looking like a big goof.

So guess my happy ass wont be getting on anymore damn Ab balls anytime soon :)

Has something like this happened to anyone else, any embarrasing stories from the gym you would like to share so I dont feel so damn dumb today :)

powerboy93
09-07-2008, 12:13 PM
hahaha sucks bro

Travis Bell
09-07-2008, 12:45 PM
LOL I take it you didn't make it down to Westside today

Lones Green
09-07-2008, 01:40 PM
Sooo here I am getting all nice a lean so I decide I really really need to incorporate a Core Training day into my regimin. So today was that day, I decided after doing my cardio I would hit abs, obliques, and lowerback to help strengthen a tone my core.

So after hitting a slew of core exercises I decide I will finish it all out with some ab crunhes on the ab ball. Now remember I'm VERY VERY VERY top heavy. And yes we do have an Ab ball that is rated at like 400 pounds so no it did not pop.

But as I make my way through the movements I'm trying very very hard to stay stable. Well on the 3rd set and 15th rep as I'm coming up for some God forsaken reason I look to my right. Well that is all it took. Over my big ass went right to the damn floor. Landed right no my ass, so I rolled over to my knees real fast and looked around to see if anyone was looking.

Well sure enough here was this little old lady just smiling and laughing at my big ass looking like a big goof.

So guess my happy ass wont be getting on anymore damn Ab balls anytime soon :)

Has something like this happened to anyone else, any embarrasing stories from the gym you would like to share so I dont feel so damn dumb today :)

LOL!!! you would never live that down if it was at westside.

i've dropped weight on my toes many times when deadlifting.

bigbadwolfe
09-07-2008, 07:21 PM
LOL I take it you didn't make it down to Westside today

Nope my mom is on the hopsital has to have Open Heart surgery this week. She has been in there for a week now and she is staying confident but I know she is scared ****less!!!

She has a Heart Cath tomorrow and def needs a valve replaced and they are gonna use a laser to carve down the enlarged part of her heart. Plus if they find any blockage they will have to do a bypass.

My Real Dad died in the hospital after having heart surgery sooo this is kind of messing with me right now. But I got my spirits high and will take it one day at a time. There is really nothing at this point in time I can do it is out of my hands and in theirs.

40 Nunc
09-07-2008, 07:59 PM
Nope my mom is on the hopsital has to have Open Heart surgery this week. She has been in there for a week now and she is staying confident but I know she is scared ****less!!!

She has a Heart Cath tomorrow and def needs a valve replaced and they are gonna use a laser to carve down the enlarged part of her heart. Plus if they find any blockage they will have to do a bypass.

My Real Dad died in the hospital after having heart surgery sooo this is kind of messing with me right now. But I got my spirits high and will take it one day at a time. There is really nothing at this point in time I can do it is out of my hands and in theirs.

A friend of mine (48) just had a valve replaced less than 2 weeks ago and he's back at work!!! Light duty of course but he's back. Not sure how long ago your dad's surgery was but technology & technique has advanced so much. I'm sure your mom will do great and in a few weeks she'll be/feel healthier and happier than ever...

Ben Moore
09-07-2008, 08:01 PM

Wishing your mom a speedy recovery mike.

bigbadwolfe
09-07-2008, 08:14 PM
Thanks guys :)

chris mason
09-07-2008, 08:54 PM
Wow, I will say a prayer for your mom and you Mike.

On the ab ball thing, ask Travis about my attempts on one tossing a medicine ball with Justin at Westside. Lol, I must have fallen off 10 days and even smacked my elbow on the a Tred Sled or something one of the times...

JayM181
09-07-2008, 09:02 PM
Hey Coach Wolfy. I don't pray much, but I will say a simple prayer for her. Good luck to her tomorrow.

Detard
09-07-2008, 09:45 PM
Best of luck to you and your mom mike. I'll say a prayer for her.

Travis Bell
09-07-2008, 10:26 PM

Well going to Westside wouldn't be real high on my list in that situation either man. I really hope things go well

Lones Green
09-08-2008, 03:13 AM
best wishes to you and your mom mike.

NASAKYCHAIRMAN
09-08-2008, 05:55 AM
I'll keep your family in prayers!!

3whitelights
09-08-2008, 10:54 AM
i did a faceplant pulling my car the other day... good thing the ebrake was up quite a few clicks or i woulda been roadkill.

Travis Bell
09-08-2008, 11:06 AM
what?

3whitelights
09-08-2008, 12:20 PM
what?

He asked for other dumb stories... well I was pulling my car with my new APT pulling harness in training for my next contest, and I came too upright, slipped, and fell flat on my face... there were kids and parents around for some youth leg soccer club, so if that's not more embarassing than falling off a swiss ball then I don't know what is.

Travis Bell
09-08-2008, 12:23 PM
Ah, I gottcha. I'd forgot he'd asked that.

NickW
09-09-2008, 12:55 AM
You and your mom are in my prayers Wolfy! Hope she makes a speedy recovery

Twirl
09-09-2008, 08:50 AM
I let out a nice fart the other day doing DL's with this poor girl behind me on the ab machine lol.

PriestCometh
09-09-2008, 12:52 PM
I still have the pic in my head of Mike on his hands and knees crawling along like the chick in the Rock the cradle of love video.:omg:

What was the subject again?
Oh yeah, ab work is cool. :)

PriestCometh
09-09-2008, 12:53 PM

I hope your mom has a quick recovery.

PriestCometh
09-09-2008, 12:57 PM
i did a faceplant pulling my car the other day... good thing the ebrake was up quite a few clicks or i woulda been roadkill.

I did something similar at last weeks sq/dl day. I was pushing mendys hum v down the back alley and my foot slipped and did a faceplant.

smokinHawk
09-09-2008, 01:24 PM
Praying everything goes well and she has a speedy recovery.

mickyjune26
09-09-2008, 02:29 PM
I let out a nice fart the other day doing DL's with this poor girl behind me on the ab machine lol.

hahahaha -I let a little fart go on squat day once while i was being spotted from behind. I felt bad, but had to laugh, almost hurting myself on the way up.

Twirl
09-09-2008, 07:21 PM
Yea I let out a nice little laugh, in fact the girl was laughing as she was clearing the room lol, it was actually a good ice breaker for us. We talk regularly now. And I will keep your mother in my prayers Mike.