PDA

View Full Version : Dkalban progress pics

Dkalban
09-07-2008, 02:46 PM
This is my official pics thread. You can see all previous pics in my journal (to see them, click on my sig's link) I'm posting some pics I took today. Any comments, questions, etc is most appreciated.

Note: Im not big or huge...yet, but I AM seeing development, thus the official thread. So dont be too brutal.

Dkalban
09-07-2008, 02:49 PM
more pics

Also, please consider these (as well as those above) my start pics for the bulking contest.

Any guesses on my present bf%? B/c I have no idea what it is. Also, though my weight is listed below at 130, I probably weigh more than that now, but i dont have ready access to a scale (pathetic I know). So I'll update weight as soon as I can.

Dkalban
09-07-2008, 03:49 PM
So you guys wont have to troll through my journal, im going to post the old pics in order for the next post or two:

The first one is april the rest are...June?

Dkalban
09-07-2008, 03:52 PM
More pics rest of June, start of the end of August I believe

Dkalban
09-07-2008, 03:54 PM
the rest of the end of august, now you can go to the top and see start of september.

Dkalban
09-07-2008, 04:15 PM
Here are some better bicep pics from today (the original one being too dark to see properly, and the first one here is an awkward angle (Im studying film, so I know when my photos suck.)

Dkalban
09-07-2008, 06:22 PM
Just to be clear what Im asking about and for, Im asking for advice, comments, criticism and so forth.

Gabrielle
09-07-2008, 06:46 PM
I think you are making great progress. If i am not mistaken, you are still working out at home with limited weights? Once you transition to a gym and can really push yourself I believe you will have phenomenal results. Don't be so hard on yourself and good job on setting goals for yourself. Change comes at a frightening pace, so just be patient and eventually you will surprise even yourself.

40 Nunc
09-07-2008, 07:29 PM
Hey D'... pic 0066 looks like you're starting to get some good upper back developement. Good job, keep it up & EAT!

I've got similar belly/lower back as you. I just got my BF measured 3 point calipers (chest/belly/thigh) which has about 5% inaccuracy. I measured 12% which I assume to be actually 18% so I'm guessing you're about the same.

fpr
09-07-2008, 09:17 PM
your bodyfat seems to be pretty high for only 130 pounds at 5'7... good progress though. chest seems to be developing somewhat.

lowfi
09-07-2008, 09:21 PM
hey man,

we are kinda in the same boat except that I weigh more than you (180) but am probably just as athletic. i will keep following your progress!

Dkalban
09-07-2008, 11:24 PM
I think you are making great progress. If i am not mistaken, you are still working out at home with limited weights? Once you transition to a gym and can really push yourself I believe you will have phenomenal results. Don't be so hard on yourself and good job on setting goals for yourself. Change comes at a frightening pace, so just be patient and eventually you will surprise even yourself.

Thanks for the confidence booster :D

Hey D'... pic 0066 looks like you're starting to get some good upper back developement. Good job, keep it up & EAT!

I've got similar belly/lower back as you. I just got my BF measured 3 point calipers (chest/belly/thigh) which has about 5% inaccuracy. I measured 12% which I assume to be actually 18% so I'm guessing you're about the same.

Ah, got ya. So im around 12% +/-4%

your bodyfat seems to be pretty high for only 130 pounds at 5'7... good progress though. chest seems to be developing somewhat.

Well, I actually dont know my present weight, so I may now weigh a bit more than 130, ill check it when I can.

hey man,

we are kinda in the same boat except that I weigh more than you (180) but am probably just as athletic. i will keep following your progress!

Got ya!

Dkalban
09-08-2008, 09:30 PM
Which areas do I really need work on? And how does my progress look?

Dkalban
09-08-2008, 11:25 PM
Would listing my goals help in you guys giving me advice?

Dkalban
09-09-2008, 07:57 AM
Here are my goals:

Build muscle (fat loss will most likely occur during lifting)
weight goal: to start 165, then lets see from there
gain a lot more strength (Im such a wimp :cry:)

Dkalban
09-09-2008, 12:08 PM
Some leg photos i just took (I apologize for how bad the angle is)

Dkalban
09-10-2008, 12:01 AM
what improvements should I make?

McLaughlin
09-10-2008, 03:40 PM
Noticeable progress from those pictures, good job.

Do you get 7-8 hours of sleep each night?

Have you ever added up your calories with a site like fitday or the like? if so, how many do you consume per day/week? if not, you should.

Keep up the good work with the lifting. Consistency is just as important as anything else, but remember to push yourself to go up in weight. Don't get comfortable at certain weights to the point where you don't try heavier ones. Even if you can't manage a full set of 8 with the next weight up, sometimes it's good to try anyway just to get your body/muscles used to heavier weights.

Hope that helps.

Guido
09-11-2008, 07:25 AM
Here are my goals:

Build muscle (fat loss will most likely occur during lifting)
weight goal: to start 165, then lets see from there
gain a lot more strength (Im such a wimp :cry:)
Those are good goals. Pretty realistic. My main focus if I were you would be getting access to a gym where you can move some real weight. Also, find a good, experienced lifting partner or two who can teach you and support you on your way. Third, read up on the diet/nutrition threads and figure out what your diet should be to get to your weight goal. Do those things and you will be 90% of the way there.

Dkalban
09-15-2008, 07:43 AM
Noticeable progress from those pictures, good job.

Do you get 7-8 hours of sleep each night?

Have you ever added up your calories with a site like fitday or the like? if so, how many do you consume per day/week? if not, you should.

Keep up the good work with the lifting. Consistency is just as important as anything else, but remember to push yourself to go up in weight. Don't get comfortable at certain weights to the point where you don't try heavier ones. Even if you can't manage a full set of 8 with the next weight up, sometimes it's good to try anyway just to get your body/muscles used to heavier weights.

Hope that helps.

I get roughly 7-8 hours of sleep each night, even with my roommate listening to his music throughout the night (he also has night terrors...those are always fun to wake up to, esp. when he screams :eyeroll: ) Guess i'll increase my eating and my weights, and lower those damn reps, until I get to the gym (what takes passes to get here? Its been two weeks and the dorm still hasnt gotten its pass)

Those are good goals. Pretty realistic. My main focus if I were you would be getting access to a gym where you can move some real weight. Also, find a good, experienced lifting partner or two who can teach you and support you on your way. Third, read up on the diet/nutrition threads and figure out what your diet should be to get to your weight goal. Do those things and you will be 90% of the way there.

My dormstaff used to wrestle so he knows his stuff. He's going to help me with WBB1.1 when we get to the gym. He's also trying to get me to eat more (which is really hard for me to do). Once I get the passes, the transformation cand begin

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAcoughHAHAHAHAHAcoughwheezecoughHAHAHA!:evillaugh:

Irish Rage
09-24-2008, 10:41 AM
as they guys said earlier.. good progres on the chest and back... have you hit a proper gym... not only will you have the use of proper facilities you'll also have the advice of the guys and gals in they gym....

keep it up and keep eating aswell...

Altephor
09-24-2008, 12:24 PM
Ok my first advice is if you're going to track your progress with pictures, learn how to pose. Not only will it help us give advice, but you'll be able to see progress much better if you pose in the same position each time.

I'm seeing a little weight gain but you really need to eat. A lot. Trust me I was exactly like you I was 5'7" and about 135 and I did not know how to eat. I figured i was some kind of hardgainer, then I started tracking on fitday and realized I was really not eating all that much. I started doing 3500 kcal a day and went from 135-160 in about 5-6 months. And my bodyfat % stayed roughly the same, I might've gained a little fat but not much.

Dkalban
09-24-2008, 03:16 PM
as they guys said earlier.. good progres on the chest and back... have you hit a proper gym... not only will you have the use of proper facilities you'll also have the advice of the guys and gals in they gym....

keep it up and keep eating aswell...

I havent been able to get to the gym yet, but I will soon (a Higher Power willing)

Ok my first advice is if you're going to track your progress with pictures, learn how to pose. Not only will it help us give advice, but you'll be able to see progress much better if you pose in the same position each time.

I'm seeing a little weight gain but you really need to eat. A lot. Trust me I was exactly like you I was 5'7" and about 135 and I did not know how to eat. I figured i was some kind of hardgainer, then I started tracking on fitday and realized I was really not eating all that much. I started doing 3500 kcal a day and went from 135-160 in about 5-6 months. And my bodyfat % stayed roughly the same, I might've gained a little fat but not much.

I'll work on the posing (ill look at the photos here for reference) and the eating and working out then :D

Patz
09-24-2008, 07:21 PM
Maybe it's the inconsistency of the pics (you need to pose in the same place every time, the same distance from the camera, in similar light, and take shots while in the same poses to get good comparisons), but if I'm being perfectly honest I don't see any difference between the pictures. When I lived at home, I always had my little sister take my pictures in front of the same wall while standing in the same place using the same camera. You get the idea. But again..I can't see a difference. If anything, you seem to have more love handles (I have love handles, too :( ). But, it might just be the poses. You're kind-of all over the place.

That's not really a big deal, so don't get discouraged. You need a real gym or plenty of equipment, and you've had neither. You WILL respond to a good routine and good equipment. You WILL put that muscle on and push right on through your current form, taking shape beneath what you see in the mirror today.

Dkalban
09-26-2008, 03:03 PM
Heres 3 new pics i took today

Dkalban
09-26-2008, 06:53 PM
another pic, this time legs (sorry for the angle but its the best i could do by myself)

Guitar90
09-27-2008, 05:52 AM
Your chest is really starting to swell out, but I think you need to focus more on your arms.

Dkalban
09-27-2008, 06:04 AM
Tell me about it lol. My forearms, though growing, look like twigs still. Any suggestions on how to work on the arms?

McLaughlin
09-27-2008, 07:14 AM
get 5-10 lbs dumbell, tuck elbow to side, and arm straight out, hold dumbell vertically, then rotate left & right for about 10-15 reps.

repeat with other hand

repeat for about 3 sets

edit:

also try wrist curls, sit on chair with for-arm rested on leg, hold dumbell and curl with just your wrist, do 8-10 per hand for 3 sets.

edit2:

try these too:
http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/WristFlexors/CBRollerWristFlexion.html

Dkalban
09-27-2008, 07:47 AM
I'll try the wrist curls when i do my workout later today :D

Dkalban
09-28-2008, 02:39 PM
The first is from April, the second from eariler this weekend. Notice a difference? :D

hulkinout
09-28-2008, 07:53 PM
You got your work cut out for you, but stick with it. Former 135 lb pencilneck nerd here. So if I can make some decent progress with my ****ty genes, anyone can. Good luck! I'll check in on ya from time to time.

must_eat
09-28-2008, 11:47 PM
lookin good bro just eat, lift, sleep, eat, lift, sleep.

Dkalban
09-29-2008, 07:16 PM
Back and legs (Im starting to get wheels, theyre small, but theyre growing!)

powerboy93
09-29-2008, 08:46 PM
Did u get that Gym membership yet? becuase without it your not gonna get much muscle deadlifting dumbells. Goodluck!

Dkalban
09-30-2008, 03:18 AM
got the papers on my desk as i type at 5 o clock at night because i went to bed at 9:45-10

markdk86
09-30-2008, 08:07 AM
Don't listen to some of these tools and how to build forearms. Find some heavy **** and lift it. Throw a towel over a bar and to pullups. Get a thick-bar and hold it. If I ever see you doing wrist curls I'm going to shove one of those pink dumbbells down your urethra.

Dkalban
09-30-2008, 08:58 AM
I dont have any dumbbells of a color other than balck and metal. Anyways, ill stick to lifting like mad, and my roommate is getting his pullup bar soon so that will help.

AJ_H
09-30-2008, 02:41 PM
I dont have any dumbbells of a color other than balck and metal. Anyways, ill stick to lifting like mad, and my roommate is getting his pullup bar soon so that will help.

like i said before, wrap a towel round a tree branch. also focus on bodyweight stuff - beastskills is a good resource as far as that is concerned.

Dkalban
09-30-2008, 08:07 PM
I'll try, but i already got my plate full workout wise.

Here's a new bicep pic:

http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/qq5/Dkalban/PIC_0096.jpg

It is looking bigger and more defined, my opinion, the pic doesnt do it justice b/c its jpg format.

berfles
09-30-2008, 08:42 PM
Because it's jpg format? That really doesn't mean anything.

Dkalban
10-01-2008, 05:11 AM
actually i learned in class last week it's bad b/c the compression decays over time, or something like that. Its 7 o clock in the morning so my brain isnt totally up and running yet.

markdk86
10-01-2008, 06:56 AM
All I see is skin ....

McLaughlin
10-01-2008, 07:03 AM
JPG isn't a problem, if there's a lack of resolution (mega pixels) in the original photo that will make a difference, also the lighting plays a huge part in these things.

Some of the sharpest clearest pictures I've seen are in JPG format... format doesn't matter so much... although I personally don't care for bmp's too much.

(Sorry that's the photoshop nerd in me coming out)

Dkalban
10-01-2008, 07:19 AM
All I see is skin ....
what do you mean?

JPG isn't a problem, if there's a lack of resolution (mega pixels) in the original photo that will make a difference, also the lighting plays a huge part in these things.

Some of the sharpest clearest pictures I've seen are in JPG format... format doesn't matter so much... although I personally don't care for bmp's too much.

(Sorry that's the photoshop nerd in me coming out)

Yeah, im just starting to learn photoshop myself. Thanks for clearing it up. i use a combo movie camera/digital camera so that might affect the pictures.

Cards
10-01-2008, 07:51 AM
I feel like every day or week there is another progress picture in this thread. Progress happens over a long period of time man. Stop looking in the mirror for a few months, get that membership to the gym, eat food and lift. Come back in 2 months maybe 3 and you will see progress oh and get that membership to the gym.

Dkalban
10-01-2008, 07:53 AM
just two more things to fill out and im done. Isnt bureauocracy grand? :P

nickster
10-01-2008, 09:02 AM
I feel like every day or week there is another progress picture in this thread. Progress happens over a long period of time man. Stop looking in the mirror for a few months, get that membership to the gym, eat food and lift. Come back in 2 months maybe 3 and you will see progress oh and get that membership to the gym.

Good point....

Put all this picture effort into lifting and you'll be suprised...

Jorge Sanchez
10-01-2008, 10:16 AM

:withstupi:

If you spent half the time in the gym that you do posting in your pic and journal thread, you'd be huge.

Dkalban
10-01-2008, 10:31 AM
Is there something wrong with being meticulous?

But I get your drift, thats why im finishing the damn paperwork.

markdk86
10-01-2008, 11:22 AM

This is what I meant when I said, "All I see is skin"...

Dkalban
10-01-2008, 12:47 PM
ah lol. guess ill update less frequently then.

nickster
10-01-2008, 01:33 PM
ah lol. guess ill update less frequently then.

:thumbup:

pipes
10-02-2008, 09:32 AM
I was in the same boat as you not too long ago. I was about 150 lbs. all through university. Keep working at it, you'll get there. Like some people have said, there is no sense in comparing progress day to day because you wont notice anything. Also, it seems like you've been filling out these membership forms for weeks now. Sign it and send it in. Whatever you're doing at home or in your dorm is not doing you much good. You wont see significant results until you actually hit the gym and start doing some real lifting.

Dkalban
10-02-2008, 06:27 PM
now tht we're limiting my posting pics every week (now its every 2-6 weeks), can you guys give me advice on what to work on?

McLaughlin
10-02-2008, 07:12 PM
Eat more.

Workout with heavy weights.

Repeat.

Cards
10-02-2008, 08:48 PM
get a gym membership and stop wasting time

Dkalban
10-02-2008, 10:50 PM
get a gym membership and stop wasting time

and why are you calling what im doing now wasting time. not all of us have the space or money for a home set up, nor a gym membershyp. Im lucky my school is going through this one place, and im the only one in my dorm to even fill out a sheey, let alone hand it in. :mad: I also have schoolwork to do, which hampers my ability to get to the gym, esp. since at the moment im the only one interested at going to a gym, at all in my dorm. Never assume that Im not trying. I just got the paperwork this week b/c i didnt know we needed any, that it was part of the school package. I assumed, you assumed, it made us both look stupid.

Cards
10-02-2008, 11:57 PM
i work 8 hours most days, 18 credit hours, have a girlfriend and live in a house with 5 other guys. I make time for the gym.

Dkalban
10-03-2008, 06:00 AM
ah, but you dont have to leap through the bureaucratic (sp?) bull**** i have to (long story) suffice to say that until a person fills out the paperwork and hands it in, no pass, and i didnt find that out until this week. I assumed the school would supply the passes, but i was wrong.

McLaughlin
10-03-2008, 06:27 AM
Either way you're making progress towards getting into the gym, so that's awesome.

Keep up the good work.

Dkalban
10-06-2008, 07:26 PM
i work 8 hours most days, 18 credit hours, have a girlfriend and live in a house with 5 other guys. I make time for the gym.

Its not that I dont have time, I have no gym.

Either way you're making progress towards getting into the gym, so that's awesome.

Keep up the good work.

Thanks Will!

Dkalban
10-08-2008, 04:11 PM
Here we go, the last of the pre-gym pics
Bicep (right)
http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/qq5/Dkalban/PIC_0099.jpg
Most Muscular (as best as I can do with a camera)
http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/qq5/Dkalban/PIC_0102.jpg

Back
http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/qq5/Dkalban/PIC_0110.jpg

nickster
10-15-2008, 10:00 AM
Aren't those the same pic's from the first page ?

Dkalban
10-15-2008, 10:29 AM
no, theyre not.

nickster
10-15-2008, 02:15 PM
no, theyre not.

I could be wrong but maybe you want to save your updates for after an extended period of working out... maybe 6 weeks... Just my thought...

Dkalban
10-15-2008, 02:16 PM
why do you think I havent posted pics in a while then, im waiting to do it after every month or so.

nickster
10-15-2008, 02:19 PM
why do you think I havent posted pics in a while then, im waiting to do it after every month or so.

No off but you've posted pics on 9/26, 9/28, 9/29, 9/30 and 10/8, just think you would be doing more working out and less picture taking... Sorry...

Dkalban
10-15-2008, 02:21 PM
No off but you've posted pics on 9/26, 9/28, 9/29, 9/30 and 10/8, just think you would be doing more working out and less picture taking... Sorry...

DOnt worry, i work out 3 days a week regularly.

nickster
10-15-2008, 08:30 PM
DOnt worry, i work out 3 days a week regularly.

That's good... Work hard but with the right amount of weight that you dont' scarfice your form. You'll thank yourself later... plus you'll see growth that will make what you've done now seem like nothing...

Proton Soup
10-16-2008, 11:14 AM
where you're at now, you don't even need a gym. do some bodyweight exercises. that means lot of pushups. do a handstand against the wall and do handstand pushups. do a bunch of free squats, even try some pistols. get a chinup bar, do plenty of pullups and chins. eat a lot of protein. this will require all most no equipment and almost no time, just do it. when you work up to 60 or 80 pushups in a single set, then worry about weights. you don't
need a gym.

Cards
10-16-2008, 11:20 AM
where you're at now, you don't even need a gym. do some bodyweight exercises. that means lot of pushups. do a handstand against the wall and do handstand pushups. do a bunch of free squats, even try some pistols. get a chinup bar, do plenty of pullups and chins. eat a lot of protein. this will require all most no equipment and almost no time, just do it. when you work up to 60 or 80 pushups in a single set, then worry about weights. you don't
need a gym.

what? huh? don't give advise, please.

pipes
10-16-2008, 11:21 AM
^^That's some of the worst advice I've ever heard. Isn't there a P90x forum where you can post? Nevermind this guy and go to the gym.

Detard
10-16-2008, 11:54 AM
need a gym.

Ummm no. This is wannabeBIG not wannabeSMALLandWEAK.

Travis Bell
10-16-2008, 11:59 AM
guys that actually wasn't bad advice. Looking at where Dkalban is right now, he doesn't have access to a gym and only has a couple dumbbells so why not do a bunch of bodyweight exercises?

Detard that was a weak response, sometimes you have to do the best with what you've got

Proton Soup
10-16-2008, 12:39 PM
listen guys, strength is relative to where you are, and this guy is relatively weak. i was the same weight and height coming out of high school, fwiw.

also, i'd be interested to see just how many of you can do the handstand pushups i mentioned, or if the OP can do even one. it's not even a full range movement, either.

if you really want to be big, then you've got to start somewhere. might as well start where you are.

pipes
10-16-2008, 12:43 PM
guys that actually wasn't bad advice. Looking at where Dkalban is right now, he doesn't have access to a gym and only has a couple dumbbells so why not do a bunch of bodyweight exercises?

Detard that was a weak response, sometimes you have to do the best with what you've got

Umm, he does have access to a gym. Telling him not to go to the gym in favour of doing handstands against a wall is ***ty advice if you ask me. Something wrong with doing a military press?

Dkalban
10-16-2008, 12:45 PM
Umm, he does have access to a gym. Telling him not to go to the gym in favour of doing hand-stands against a wall is ***ty advice if you ask me.

I dont have access yet, yeesh. But I will have it soon. I also cant do a handstand to save my life.

pipes
10-16-2008, 12:55 PM
I dont have access yet, yeesh. But I will have it soon.

And so the story goes.....

Dkalban
10-16-2008, 12:56 PM

:P

Trust me, all I need to do is get handed that pass from the head of my program here and ill be ready and raring to go. Could even be tomorrow.

Brad08
10-16-2008, 01:07 PM
WTF is he going to do with a gym full of thousands of pounds of iron when he can't even do 10 decent pushups? He's got no muscular coordination, no strength, no appreciable mass....He's gonna hit the gym and start flopping around with the 45 lb. Olympic barbell and get nowhere. It isn't bad advice to suggest he start by building a foundation.

pipes
10-16-2008, 01:24 PM
^Oh you're right, my bad...continue on with the handstands. Good luck.

BTW, you don't get coordination to lift a bar unless you actually lift a freakin bar.

nickster
10-16-2008, 02:05 PM

hahaha

Dkalban
10-16-2008, 03:03 PM

BTW, you don't get coordination to lift a bar unless you actually lift a freakin bar.

I am at least able to lift the bar. My dormstaff and I used to workout at the local Y, until we couldnt go back b/c the school didnt pay for a whole year. So we got a few months of lifting until the summer came and we found out that little snag (thus the reason I have no gym at present). But I was able to at least bench the bar, didnt do any squats or deadlifts then though, theyll be fun to try as I been practicing for somewhat with my dbs. (which are presently set to 20lbs)

Detard
10-16-2008, 03:42 PM
Dkalban, you are in a better position than I was when I started. I had NEVER lifted a weight or anything. I walked in one day when I was 15 and benched the bar for 5 or 6 reps. Sure it was really shakey and scary, but after 2-3 months, I was repping 95lbs. I cant wait till you get that gym pass to see what your gains are going to be like. Hopefully it comes soon!

Dkalban
10-16-2008, 03:50 PM
Im really hoping it (the pass) comes tomorrow. Ive been waiting for over a month for it (mostly b/c i wasnt given the paperwork :eek: )

jbrin0tk
10-16-2008, 09:29 PM

Why are you so negative, man?

Travis Bell
10-17-2008, 06:29 AM
Umm, he does have access to a gym. Telling him not to go to the gym in favour of doing handstands against a wall is ***ty advice if you ask me. Something wrong with doing a military press?

Try to keep up with the conversation next time. Don't tell someone they give out crappy advice if you don't have all the information

pipes
10-17-2008, 06:37 AM
Why are you so negative, man?

Well, Dkalban has been doing this bodyweight/20lb. dumbell stuff since April with very limited results and basically we have two or three guys here insisting he continue along the same path. The last thing he needs is to add handstands to his routine. He needs to start working out in a gym. Period.
What do you think jbrin0tk?

pipes
10-17-2008, 06:40 AM
Don't tell someone they give out crappy advice if you don't have all the information

I've seen the P90x commercial, what other information do I need? Why don't some of you read his journal and gather some information before spouting "advice"?

Dkalban
10-17-2008, 07:29 AM
Now Now gentlemen lets not argue over training method. Let it suffice that what im doing is making me bigger and stronger for now.

Just let me know when you want pics and what poses and ill try to get them up.

nickster
10-17-2008, 01:06 PM
Now Now gentlemen lets not argue over training method. Let it suffice that what im doing is making me bigger and stronger for now.

Just let me know when you want pics and what poses and ill try to get them up.

How bout 6 months of working hard in a gym then post results... :D

Travis Bell
10-17-2008, 02:07 PM
Well, Dkalban has been doing this bodyweight/20lb. dumbell stuff since April with very limited results and basically we have two or three guys here insisting he continue along the same path. The last thing he needs is to add handstands to his routine. He needs to start working out in a gym. Period.
What do you think jbrin0tk?

He can't get to the gym dude! Not an option today.

Until it is, I understand the mentality of doing the best you can with what you've got.

Nobody is saying he needs to stay at home for the rest of his life and never train.

pipes
10-17-2008, 02:46 PM
Okay Travis, you win :bow:

Dkalban
10-18-2008, 03:09 AM
For those of you who are poo-pooing my workout routine, let me tell you that it is slow, but steady, and has worked for me. Examples:

This was me in April:
http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/qq5/Dkalban/PIC_0044.jpg

This is me a couple of weeks ago:
http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/qq5/Dkalban/PIC_0102.jpg

See a difference :D

powerboy93
10-18-2008, 08:36 AM
i dont see much a dffrence man... ur BF looks high for that weight.

powerboy93
10-18-2008, 08:37 AM
the answere to all this is GYM

Dkalban
10-18-2008, 08:44 AM
i dont see much a dffrence man... ur BF looks high for that weight.

What do you mean? Do you have a guess at the bf%

the answere to all this is GYM

WORKING ON IT YEESH! I need to talk to the head of my program, or the head of the school, I'll see whats taking so long.

pipes
10-18-2008, 08:50 AM
WORKING ON IT YEESH! I need to talk to the head of my program, or the head of the school, I'll see whats taking so long.

Seems like it's easier to get into the pentagon than this gym at your school.

Dkalban
10-18-2008, 08:53 AM
Its not at my school, its a commercial gym, Shoreline Health and Fitness.

nickster
10-18-2008, 09:15 AM
Geez... with the pictures again... You really need to just get in the gym and work out hard for a couple months then post more pic's. Once you have a big improvement then you should post pics. I don't think when you post a pic you should have to say "the pic doesn't do the change justice", again my just opinion.

Munky
10-18-2008, 11:08 AM
No change kid. Keep working at it though sir.

Dkalban
10-18-2008, 01:22 PM
No change kid. Keep working at it though sir.

Thanks for the encouragement Munky, its a bit hard to get significant progress with just a jumprope and a pair of adjustable dbs lol.

Proton Soup
10-18-2008, 04:40 PM
Thanks for the encouragement Munky, its a bit hard to get significant progress with just a jumprope and a pair of adjustable dbs lol.

hold those dumbells over your head while squatting.

Dkalban
10-18-2008, 04:42 PM
you know, i used to do that, lately ive been holding them at the sides. Whats the advantage of the dbs being overhead?

nickster
10-18-2008, 06:59 PM
you know, i used to do that, lately ive been holding them at the sides. Whats the advantage of the dbs being overhead?

Stability....

Dkalban
10-18-2008, 07:02 PM
ah, and I can actally go ATG that way, never realized that when I did it in the past. Im gonna try that way again tomorrow during my workout.

powerboy93
10-18-2008, 07:25 PM
from my personal exp:
before i went to the gym and started bench,deads and all the other good stuff I did tons and TONS of push-ups...although alot of ppl here say push-ups are worthless i think they helped me ALOT. push-ups are great for tris,pecs and shoulders. I did them everyday and they made me much stronger(looking back now i prolly overtrained)

this is what i did M-T-W-TH-F weekends off:
week:1
3 sets of 10
week:2
4 sets of 10
week:3
5 sets of 10
week:4
6 sets of 10
week:5
8 sets of 10
week: 6
8 sets of 10
week: 7
10 sets of 10
*slowly raised to the reps/sets... and maybe 2 months later*
i did sets of 50..x 3 or i did diamonds/raised push-ups for 3x30 or somthing
... kept going until you can try this it might help you out

Dkalban
10-18-2008, 07:27 PM
Ive actually started raising the reps each session (gonna be doing 3x15 tomorrow). I actually was doing pushups for my workout until i got my dbs over the summer.

Travis Bell
10-18-2008, 08:25 PM
just so you know, some of the other members do have a point. While you may not be able to get to an actual gym, you could be doing A LOT more than 3 sets of 15. Try for 8 sets of 15. Push your volume up alot more than what you are doing now and you'll start to notice much bigger increases

Dkalban
10-19-2008, 12:40 AM
Ill try that, gonna need to lower the weight a bit lol.

Travis Bell
10-19-2008, 12:33 PM
Thats cool. My point is you're going to need to push a little bit harder to get the results you like. What you're doing is good, just try and bump up the intensity a bit

Munky
10-19-2008, 01:35 PM
:withstupi: Yeah it sounds like you really need to start pushing yourself sir.

Dkalban
10-19-2008, 01:37 PM
Well I pushed myself to do atleast sets of 12 again, also did atg squats w/ my dbs, Im exausted, covered in sweat, and feeling alive! Any recommendations for my next workout besides what we've discussed (more setxreps, with lighter weight)

Jorge Sanchez
10-19-2008, 01:50 PM
You're using 20lb dumbbells. Don't start using lighter weight. Just try to do more sets or reps with the same weight. You don't get stronger by decreasing the weight you're lifting.

powerboy93
10-19-2008, 02:26 PM
just keep doing push-ups until you can do atleast 75+ push-ups in a row.

Dkalban
10-19-2008, 04:04 PM
should i try that on days i dont lift? Im a little confused on what youre advising.

Munky
10-19-2008, 04:30 PM
Just work your butt off sir. Do pushups/weighted pushups, use a chair for dips, pullsups somewhere, crunches, leg raises. www.exrx.net

Travis Bell
10-19-2008, 06:29 PM
should i try that on days i dont lift? Im a little confused on what youre advising.

he's talking about that being a part of your workout routine. Its considered a bodyweight exercise

Dkalban
10-19-2008, 06:32 PM
Ah, so i should add the pushups, say, add 3 sets to failure as a first exercise before squats, or replace the bench press with 3 sets to failure?

growthrep
10-19-2008, 06:49 PM
Honestly, i think you're better off digging a ditch (back work), shoveling the dirt into a wheelbarrow (arms) and running that wheelbarrow up a steep hill until you're exhausted (legs and lower back). Then put that dirt in a duffel bag with rocks and deadlift that sucker. Get it on your back and SQUAT. If you want muscle, you've got to PUSH yourself HARD......

I hope some day you can find a barbell, a power rack and a bench. Good luck, kid.

Travis Bell
10-19-2008, 06:51 PM
Exactly! growthrep has got it.

Just take whatever you do and push yourself physically very hard. The pushups should be in addition to your bench press workout. Start with 2 sets until failure for 2 weeks. Then move up to 3 sets for 2 weeks, 4 sets etc. You get the idea

Dkalban
10-19-2008, 06:54 PM
I'll start that next workout, thanks for the idea! Heck, ill do them now while watching tv! Im talking to my dad about getting a barbell and weights for home (since I know my new school will have a gym)

Dkalban
10-19-2008, 07:04 PM
Just finished the two sets, it made me a bit more sore, but its a good soreness, and its good to do something active while watching tv.

Cant_See_D
11-04-2008, 08:34 PM
wish u best of luck man

Painzer
11-04-2008, 08:55 PM
Dude, do pushups til your arms fall off. Some here may disagree but while I was living in Spain the gyms had weird hours and made it hard to workout sometimes. My roommate and I did Herschel Walker routines.

500 pushups and 1000 crunches.

First time I did it in 72 minutes, second time 63 minutes, after about 6 times I was down to 42 minutes.

THen I started to see how many I could do in an hour.

Most I ever did was 750 pushups and 1450 crunches. Trust me, they will make you stronger. And if you do them like I did, youcan consider it cardio too. I've never sweat so much in my life.

powerboy93
11-05-2008, 12:49 PM
hows the progress?

Dkalban
11-05-2008, 12:54 PM
Its getting better. Still g2g to the gym, but the weights i got in the house are a good workout.

markdk86
11-05-2008, 01:34 PM
Yeah man, those excuses on your shoulders must make one hell of a workout. Are your legs soar the next morning?

Dkalban
11-05-2008, 01:39 PM
Yeah man, those excuses on your shoulders must make one hell of a workout. Are your legs soar the next morning?

AT LEAST IM TRYING TO GET TO A GYM! WHEN YOU ARE IN THE SITUATION IM IN MAYBE THEN YOULL UNDERSTAND!