PDA

View Full Version : Problems Balancing Diet

JStaudt
09-07-2008, 07:15 PM
So by sparing you the details I'm basically just wrapping up getting... undesirable substances out of my body, and my diet for the last few months has been terrible to say the least. Some info about me:
Height: 6'1"
Weight: 164.5lbs
Ultimately my goal is to come out weighing around 185-190 while being toned

Im going to be starting the WBB Routine #1 on Monday and I've been working out near religiously, albeit aimlessly, for two weeks now.

I recently started using the Fitday website and came to the realization that while I thought I was eating plenty (I eat small meals about 4-5 times a day if possible) I was only intaking about 1400-1800 calories a day. This stems from a pervious eating disorder that I had where I try to eat only solid protein if at all possible (my fitday journal for today is almost composed entirely of eggs, milk, chicken and some cheese). Clearly this is a problem for my intended goal. My shopping list has been updated to include
----
Meats:
Chicken
Ground Beef
Pork
------
Vegetables:
Carrots
Peppers
Broccoli
------
Fruits:
Apples
Pears
Bananas
Oranges
Strawberries
------
Other Things:
Some healthy cereal (high in fiber most likely some kinda of Kashi cereal)
Large Tubs of Low/Non-Fat Yogurt
Low/Non-Fat Cottage Cheese
Sweet Potatoes
Eggs
------

So my essential question is how can I fit these extra calories I need to be consuming in, and what types of foods should I focus on? Its been so long since I've eaten right I've basically forgotten how :confused:

RedSpikeyThing
09-07-2008, 07:19 PM
This (http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=114886) has been my shopping list for the last two weeks and I will be using a similar one for a long time to come. I get in ~3500 - 4000 calories per day with this, eating 4-6 meals of around 500-600ories each. It's not that hard at all. Keep adidng food to each meal until it totals at least 500 calories, and make sure you get 6 ormore of them :) Salads are great because you can put meat, chese nuts, lots of veggies and then cover it all in a few tablespoons of oliv oil. That'll give 600 cals easy, wash down with some milk and you're looking at 750 cals. Also, stop eating Low/Non fat for more calories.

cphafner
09-07-2008, 07:30 PM
http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=46565

JStaudt
09-07-2008, 10:18 PM
Thanks for the links/advice!

So now that I'm armed with a knowledge of foods that are solid for me, should I just eat plentifully and try to hit 2,700-3,000 calories a day?

Calories
Fat
10%
Saturated
3%
Polyunsaturated
2%
Monounsaturated
2%
Carbohydrate
58%
Dietary Fiber
Protein
31%

Was how my day broke down today, is this an alright breakdown? I'd try to fit more carbs and protein in, in order to breach 3k calories.