PDA

View Full Version : shirt

sean51
09-08-2008, 10:39 AM
I am pretty new to the sport (1 1/2 yrs) and this site. So please excuse me if I ask a repeated question.... Im looking to get a new shirt and I have been hearing around a couple tournys that the katana is awesome. what do you think before I spend money? Would like to weigh my options. I use a rage x now but have runs and blew the arm twice. dont want that one again. lol

Travis Bell
09-08-2008, 11:05 AM
are you using a single or a double ply shirt?

I'm more of an Inzer preferring guy myself, but I understand having a negative experience in a shirt. Don't be afraid to give a new Rage X a shot though. You might just need to customize it with a sleeve and chest plate combination

There are a few really good Titan guys on here though and I'm sure they will throw their 2 cents in

sean51
09-08-2008, 11:57 AM
single

Ryano
09-08-2008, 12:35 PM
The Katana can't be beat for a single ply shirt. Titan also warrants their products for a full year. Just call Ken Anderson @ 972/820-9203 for sizing information. Most people can deal with a stock shirt and a few minor alterations as opposed to paying for a custom. Titan and Inzer have different sizing methods so don't order a Katana the same size as your Rage X.

Lewy23
09-08-2008, 07:23 PM
The Katana can't be beat for a single ply shirt. Titan also warrants their products for a full year. Just call Ken Anderson @ 972/820-9203 for sizing information. Most people can deal with a stock shirt and a few minor alterations as opposed to paying for a custom. Titan and Inzer have different sizing methods so don't order a Katana the same size as your Rage X.

I am fairly new to the sport as well..not quite a year yet. I just purchased a new Titan Katana single ply off my buddy for $50 bucks...hell of a deal too..he wore it maybe twice, once at a meet and once at the gym with us. I was using a Rage X 2 ply...and I think it was just too much shirt for me right now. I could barely get 425 to touch on 2 board. I tried on the Katana this past Saturday and smoked 445 off a 2 board. I am VERY pleased!!! I have a meet on Oct 4th, hopefully I will put up some good numbers with my Katana! Good luck finding your shirt!

Lewy

Eric Downey
09-08-2008, 10:28 PM

for the money and a new lifter that F6 is a better shirt. its 99 bucks. the katana is to much for a new lifter in my opp. i use a single and a dbl katana. Ken is who i go through for all my gear. he is really helpful and wont give you something you dont need. what size shirt do you wear.

Ryano
09-09-2008, 05:22 AM
for the money and a new lifter that F6 is a better shirt. its 99 bucks. the katana is to much for a new lifter in my opp. i use a single and a dbl katana. Ken is who i go through for all my gear. he is really helpful and wont give you something you dont need. what size shirt do you wear.

Eric, I would normally suggest an F6 for a new lifter also but Sean51 says he's been lifting in a Rage X for 1 1/2 years. I agree that a Katana is more shirt than most people want to start out with.

Eric Downey
09-09-2008, 08:17 AM
Funny i just noticed that my pic is of my in a F6. Well ill let the secret out its not a F6. Its katana material cut like a F6 DBL and no gridstich. Its the tightest shirt i have and its a nightmare getting it out

sean51
09-09-2008, 09:11 AM
Thanks guys for your help so far. I think I probably would be able to work with the katana. Like I said I have been using the rage x now for a awhile and easily getting 600-620. I hit 605 at my last comp but this is my second rage x shirt and I have had nothing but problems. I wear a size 54 shirt single ply. Im just looking to put up bigger numbers without the worry of the shirt blown out again. I just want to make sure I get a great shirt this time when I spend the money.