PDA

View Full Version : Noob in need of bulking advice!

Neelyboy
09-08-2008, 09:36 PM
Hey I'm 18 in a few weeks, and I'm 5'7/140 lbs. I'm looking to bulk up maybe 10-15 lbs. I am looking for a diet that would help me accomplish that goal without too many saturated fats. I currently work out 6 days a week for about an hour each of those sessions. A link to my detailed work-out plan is as followed(also please tell me if you think it is sufficient/insufficient): wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=115109 MY GOALS are to increase my max for benching (currently at 150) and to just gain overall muscle mass.
__ For breakfast at 6:30 I usually eat cereal or oatmeal with a banana and fruit juice. 10-10:30 I have a quaker chewy bar. around noon i eat lunch with a sandwich of turkey/ham, an apple, and milk. dinner is usually rice/chicken/kidney beans/lentils. Usually I only take one shake a day with 5 g creatine monohydrate, and 22 g iron tek essential whey protein. I am looking for advice on where to add food for more calories in my diet, and what other types of food i should add in. All advice is welcome. Thanks.

TopCat
09-09-2008, 12:51 AM
I'm willing to bet you need more protein (chicken/turkey prob doesn't cut it). Go to the FAQ sticky of this forum (diet & nutrition) and look for what a body builder eats for ideas. Besides protein you need more calories. No reason to be afraid of the saturated fats. If you need more calories your shake can be a great source, throw in peanut butter, fruit, ice cream... lots of options.

If it is motivation you need in manning up to gain weight... see Rhodes.