PDA

View Full Version : Partial torn tri

Kenny-SFW
09-09-2008, 12:32 PM
First timer to a partial torn anything. Partially tore my tri, was looking for information and the various states of progression it will go through, for example how long it will be bruised, when to start rehabing, what exercises to do how much how often, any info would be helpful. Vinny D and Matt rhodes are destroying my body...., one organ at a time, but i'm getting strong!!!:evillaugh:

Travis Bell
09-09-2008, 12:49 PM
it'll be bruised for probably a week. My training partner this summer tore his tricep and it bruised pretty badly. I think most of it went away in about a week or so. he started training it again about 2 weeks later, but keeping it light. Lots of high reps and lots of post workout icing will do the trick.

Just make sure you take your time getting it back to full health before you go full board again.

Kenny-SFW
09-09-2008, 03:55 PM
Thanks Travis

Ben Moore
09-09-2008, 04:03 PM
Icing, lay off the ibuprofen til the bleeding goes away. You might supplement with some extra Vit C, glutamine to help speed things along. Ultrasound is also a good thing to look into to help speed recovery if your chiro or doc has access to it.

Kenny-SFW
09-09-2008, 04:26 PM
Thanks Ben, did this a week ago last sunday and have gone for pt at least 5 times already, stim, massage to move the fluid and compression wrapping. I'll give the glutamine a shot. Last few days I been doing some light stretching and flexing of the muscle.

vdizenzo
09-09-2008, 05:27 PM
Follow the above advice and when you are finished wash the sand out of your panties. Just kidding bro. Seriously though, great advice above. Rhodes and I figured you'd either turn into a complete monster or just drop dead. The choice is yours.

Kenny-SFW
09-09-2008, 05:28 PM
Monster it is!