PDA

View Full Version : Venice Beach meet

PriestCometh
09-09-2008, 12:43 PM
I am excited about doing the USPF Venice beach meet this weekend.
I havent lifted in a meet in awhile. Lookin forward to finally getting back on the platform.

I have never done a uspf meet before. I heard uspf meets were fun, so I am going to try it out.

SGT ROCK
09-09-2008, 12:59 PM
Good luck bro I wished I could make it. Gunny Green will be there as well as my training partners Robert and Danimal, and Sabra, they will all help you if you need it. The judges are STRICT so keep that in mind.

Semper Fi

Ryano
09-09-2008, 01:17 PM
Good luck Priest.

Eric Downey
09-09-2008, 02:03 PM
Goodluck James

Addison K.
09-09-2008, 02:17 PM
I am excited about doing the USPF Venice beach meet this weekend.
I havent lifted in a meet in awhile. Lookin forward to finally getting back on the platform.

I have never done a uspf meet before. I heard uspf meets were fun, so I am going to try it out.

What class are you lifting in?

Some of my training partners are lifting in it also.

AK

Addison K.
09-09-2008, 02:17 PM
Good luck bro I wished I could make it. Gunny Green will be there as well as my training partners Robert and Danimal, and Sabra, they will all help you if you need it. The judges are STRICT so keep that in mind.

Semper Fi

Very true.

Make sure to be in top form.

AK

PriestCometh
09-09-2008, 03:25 PM

Semper Fi

Thanks, I heard about how strict they are. So, I lowered my opener about 50 pounds. Gonna open at 601. Sounds like a good time.

PriestCometh
09-09-2008, 03:29 PM
What class are you lifting in?

Some of my training partners are lifting in it also.

AK

I havent decided if I am going 198 or 181. I am supposed to be at 198.
But, I might drop to 181. It depends on how my weight is thursday night.

It will be cool to meet you. I will be the guy with a monster lifting me off. lol
I think all the folks that are going to handle me there are 300+ pounds. lol

My wife is bringing her chihuahua. :eek:

Big LaP
09-09-2008, 04:54 PM
The USPF only does start and rack commands. Your on your own for the press. I went to the nationals and a lot of people got red lighted for everything if it wasn't spot on perfect. Just keep that in mind bro. Good Luck!!

PriestCometh
09-09-2008, 05:25 PM
Thanks, it should be fun. I will keep it clean. Thanks for the heads up.

SGT ROCK
09-09-2008, 07:03 PM
Im expecting you and Gunz to break new ground here. Call me right after the show bros.

Semper Fi

Addison K.
09-09-2008, 07:07 PM
I havent decided if I am going 198 or 181. I am supposed to be at 198.
But, I might drop to 181. It depends on how my weight is thursday night.

It will be cool to meet you. I will be the guy with a monster lifting me off. lol
I think all the folks that are going to handle me there are 300+ pounds. lol

My wife is bringing her chihuahua. :eek:

Unfortunately, I have to work, so I won't be able to go.

I think at least one of my training partners is competing (242s).

My other friend who I know is going has a broken toe--I think he's going to help my other friend out.

They should be wearing San Diego Powerlifting apparel, so you should be able to pick them out.

Good luck! :strong:

AK

f-rider
09-09-2008, 08:50 PM
It's going to be awesome, looks like tons of people from the boards are coming. Too bad Steve had to split the meet across two days, last year he said it went on waaay past sunset and they had to bring in lights!

Saturday is going to be all the men up to 198 and the ladies, Sunday 220+ men. Me and my friend are doing the 3-lift at 198 and 148, respectively. Look for the two young Russian guys and say hi, I'm always glad to help out.

I'm definitely sticking around for the bench-only, with so many top lifters it's going to be a great show. Too bad I can't stay Sunday - going to Desert Hot Springs with girls, all for therapeutic massage recovery purposes of course. ;)

One more thing I'd like to add is that I recommend everyone bring their own chalk. At the June 14th Muscle Beach meet the platform chalk and refills ran out early on in the meet. Lucky for me I brought some that time.

PriestCometh
09-10-2008, 02:34 PM
Im expecting you and Gunz to break new ground here. Call me right after the show bros.

Semper Fi

It will be fun. I am looking to put up a good number and really
test the arm out. Havent had any pain this whole training cycle(6 weeks).
Not as long of a training cycle as I would like, but I am in a time crunch, since I am moving out of california in march.

My wife said the american record is 590(ish) and I dont remember what she said the 181 is. Its not my focus. I just want to have a good
time and put up the biggest number I can. Its gotta be a good time. If legends like Coan, Goggins and Conyers have lifted there forever.

PriestCometh
09-10-2008, 02:35 PM

Semper Fi

will do

PriestCometh
09-10-2008, 02:40 PM
Unfortunately, I have to work, so I won't be able to go.

I think at least one of my training partners is competing (242s).

My other friend who I know is going has a broken toe--I think he's going to help my other friend out.

They should be wearing San Diego Powerlifting apparel, so you should be able to pick them out.

Good luck! :strong:

AK

The Chargers dropped a heartbreaker, didnt they?

PriestCometh
09-10-2008, 02:48 PM
It's going to be awesome, looks like tons of people from the boards are coming. Too bad Steve had to split the meet across two days, last year he said it went on waaay past sunset and they had to bring in lights!

Saturday is going to be all the men up to 198 and the ladies, Sunday 220+ men. Me and my friend are doing the 3-lift at 198 and 148, respectively. Look for the two young Russian guys and say hi, I'm always glad to help out.

I'm definitely sticking around for the bench-only, with so many top lifters it's going to be a great show. Too bad I can't stay Sunday - going to Desert Hot Springs with girls, all for therapeutic massage recovery purposes of course. ;)

One more thing I'd like to add is that I recommend everyone bring their own chalk. At the June 14th Muscle Beach meet the platform chalk and refills ran out early on in the meet. Lucky for me I brought some that time.

Therapeutic, of course.

Cool, Who else is coming?
Sounds like quite a few folks.

I will be the Bald guy with tons of tattoos.
I will be the guy that has a brunette walking
around with a chihuahua yelling at me to lift
the weight faster, or lock it out faster or that
the puppy is hungry. :whip:

I asked her the other day:
What did the woman say after she got out of the spousal abuse clinic?
Nothing, if she knows whats good for her.

The joke didnt go over as planned.

NASAKYCHAIRMAN
09-11-2008, 07:34 AM
Good luck this weekend!

PriestCometh
09-11-2008, 10:43 AM
Thanks J.T.