PDA

View Full Version : Muscle or Fat?

Manveet
03-28-2002, 08:05 PM
Okay here goes my story. About a month and half ago I tipped the scales at 160lbs, I'm about 5"11-6"0, 17 years old. This is before Mystic Eric introduced to wbb, and a new training program. Back then I was training like an animal, 7 days a week, talk about over training. Anyways, Mystic Eric set me straight, and I ditched the freakin 7 day a week routine, for a new 3 day buking routine. Right now I sit at 168-169lbs, remeber it's only been about a month and a half. My diet has been clean as a whistle, and I have upped my cals from about 2000 to like 2700-3000. My question is, have I gained fat or muscle, I mean I don't think it can be muscle cause It's only been a month and half, and 8lbs is a lot. But then again I don't really think it's fat because my diet has been "clean" and I have been lifting religiously 3 days a week, and I still have a noticible six pack. Then again, could it be water retention:scratch:

devhuman
03-28-2002, 08:27 PM
Get your body fat % measured. Get it measured again a month or so from now. That should tell you... However, I'd suspect it muscle.

-t

=w=
03-29-2002, 12:58 AM
Do you look better? If so than who gives a fvck what it is.

Mystic Eric
03-29-2002, 01:59 AM
Originally posted by Manveet
Okay here goes my story. About a month and half ago I tipped the scales at 160lbs, I'm about 5"11-6"0, 17 years old. This is before Mystic Eric introduced to wbb, and a new training program. Back then I was training like an animal, 7 days a week, talk about over training. Anyways, Mystic Eric set me straight, and I ditched the freakin 7 day a week routine, for a new 3 day buking routine. Right now I sit at 168-169lbs, remeber it's only been about a month and a half. My diet has been clean as a whistle, and I have upped my cals from about 2000 to like 2700-3000. My question is, have I gained fat or muscle, I mean I don't think it can be muscle cause It's only been a month and half, and 8lbs is a lot. But then again I don't really think it's fat because my diet has been "clean" and I have been lifting religiously 3 days a week, and I still have a noticible six pack. Then again, could it be water retention:scratch:

Manveet, I'm sure you've gained muscle. But remember, you were cutting so your glycogen stores were depleted. Your new weight is a mixture of new muscle, the replenishment of glycogen, water weight, and of course, a little fat. In this new article by Maki, it goes over how much muscle you can expect to gain a week. I won't go into depth of it because I'm sure he wants people to find out when the article comes out. But you can expect to gain anywhere from .5 - 1 pound of muscle a week if conditions are optimal. You've told me that you've increased your cals slowly so don't worry. And the fact that you can see your abs, you're not putting on a lot of fat. You're doing good man. And your strength gains are awesome!

Manveet
03-29-2002, 11:27 AM
Thanx Eric, all by keepin my eyes peeled open for that article by Maki