PDA

View Full Version : Best pre-work out meal ever....

Davey321
09-09-2008, 05:59 PM
..was a huge serving of chocolate cake from Costco which lead to my best work out. To my surprised, I felt more revive at the gym. I lifted heavier and recover faster in between sets (about a min. or 2) where as before, I would take about 3 min. rest between sets.

For the past 6-8 weeks, I have been eating pretty clean and my work outs have been pretty good. However by eating those large portions of cake, did I shock my body or was it the huge boost in calorie and fat which help my work out?

ryuage
09-09-2008, 06:43 PM
depends what you were eating before... because apparently it wasn't doing anything for you performance wise. Find what works for you and stick with it... whether that be a bowl of oatmeal an hour/hours before or something sugary beforehand.

Reko
09-09-2008, 08:23 PM
Im guessing more sugar than anything else. I doubt your body could have processed that much of anything that close to workout.

Reko
09-09-2008, 08:24 PM
But hey if it works it works. I played well in hockey when I would get a pretzel with cheese and a dr pepper. It was mostly superstition, but once you get used to it you kinda don't feel right without it.

Davey321
09-09-2008, 09:44 PM
I had large serving of chocolate cake about 2 hour before my work out

Brad08
09-10-2008, 05:52 AM
I've heard similar things with guys eating apple pies from a vending machine, etc.