PDA

View Full Version : lose air & prob staying tight?

SoreFoot8343
09-09-2008, 07:41 PM
I never had this prob before but now I end up exhaling half way down and I loose all tightness about an inch from touching (on the way down) and I end up muscling up the weight. It was a shock to me b/c it was like I didn't have any control over it? I have no idea what the heck is going on. It just started this past monday! Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

BigTallOx
09-09-2008, 07:46 PM
I have no idea what the heck is going on. It just started this past monday! Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

What's changed? Is your workout different, your diet, your sleep....?

Ben Moore
09-09-2008, 07:59 PM
Have you gained weight and made the shirt tighter recently? change in form that's making the decent slower?

Travis Bell
09-09-2008, 08:07 PM
usually that happens when the bench gets sweaty and you slide backwards

Travis Bell
09-09-2008, 08:20 PM
have you changed something with your prosthetic leg?

Reko
09-09-2008, 08:21 PM
Hmmm, Travis seems to be thinking outsite the box squat!

SoreFoot8343
09-09-2008, 08:42 PM
Acutally my shirt fit better, a little bit easier to get into and more confortable. The only thing different was that I was able to wear a prosthetic during the workout. The ballance was there and I was able to use it to push off evenly. I had set up the same way I always do.
before the work out I ate an hr out, and my sleep hasnt changed (lay in bed for 5 hrs before I fall asleep then get about 6 hrs of sleep) been that way since I had my surgery back in May.
As far as the sweaty bench. EWWWWW
The only thing now that I can think of is that Joel is making me make a point in a pause before I broke my elbows to show control before decent. So thats the only part that's changed? I had been use to as soon as the hand off was in my hands and they let go thats when i'd break my elbows. Ok what to do now?

Travis Bell
09-09-2008, 08:52 PM
Hmmm, Travis seems to be thinking outsite the box squat!

LOL

SoreFoot, it might be that you are just getting used to having the prosthetic on during workouts. Its changing the geometry of your set up.

Try the reverse band pulldowns. I'll find the link for them (video)

Travis Bell
09-09-2008, 08:54 PM
Here it is!

Kre3xyQbqTI

Travis Bell
09-09-2008, 09:05 PM
I want to add, I'm extremly impressed that you are pushing through some major set backs to keep benching. Very inspiratoinal

SoreFoot8343
09-09-2008, 09:09 PM
Thanks for the video! I had sent JT a e-mail about doing the same thing but I know he was busy and prolly forgot to reply. But now seeing the video :) So this will help me get use to a new set up?

Travis Bell
09-09-2008, 09:12 PM
well, it'll allow you to practice it more at least. What it should do is help you re learn how to push your stomach up into the bar, stay tight and drive with your legs.

it has made quite a difference in my shirted benching.

KarstenDD
09-09-2008, 09:16 PM
I want to add to the reverse band pull downs and say that it wont solve any problems with you keeping your air because you're going to breathe on every rep but, and unless I'm completely mistaken this is way Travis suggested them, they teach you to find your groove and get some leg drive. You are going to bring the bar down the shortest possible path because you make these real hard to touch.

Well when I started posting this it was next in the thread...

SoreFoot8343
09-09-2008, 09:25 PM
So how much tension do I need? I have the iron woody bands green and blue. I can't wait to try it. do you ad weight to the bar or just leave it as bands?

youngguns
09-09-2008, 09:39 PM
i never realized just how jacked vincent is until i saw that video.

Travis Bell
09-09-2008, 09:51 PM
So how much tension do I need? I have the iron woody bands green and blue. I can't wait to try it. do you ad weight to the bar or just leave it as bands?

just the bands. I'd try just choking the green bands around the top of your squat rack, or the blue ones. I can't remember which ones are lighter on the Iron Woody bands

fpr
09-09-2008, 10:03 PM
SoreFoot, it might be that you are just getting used to having the prosthetic on during workouts. Its changing the geometry of your set up.

Hey man, I'm sure you already know this but becareful with your leg if you're doing any other types of lifting. The feet have weight limits on them, usually 275lbs, and I've seen a bunch of them through our office that have cracked or delaminated and those people weren't even lifting... I'd hate to imagine the outcome of 400+ pounds on the leg, LOL!

We had this ex green beret guy with a c-leg (computerized knee), he screwed it up bad weight lifting, had to get a whole new unit!

SoreFoot8343
09-10-2008, 04:12 PM
THanks Fpr. I found out Ossur is going to be in town tomorrow and was told by my leg guy that I should go when he is there. Chances are pretty good that I might be able to get sponsored? I have already be warned about putting a lot of pressure on a "regular" socket and foot. As of right now I"m doing partial weight baring ( 70% est) till i completely heal. As of right now I think I'm just going to be benching in the Oct 4th and 11th meet :(

THanks Travis, yeah the blue bands are lighter