PDA

View Full Version : Seasoning For Your Meat

Shangers
09-11-2008, 12:51 AM
What are some tasty ways to season your chicken/beef/fish? I'm sick of salt/pepper. I've tried some of those Mrs. Dash seasonings as well but those are hit or miss. I also get sick of em pretty quick. Anyone make their own seasonings and/or marinades? Post some good marinades/seasonings!

borracho
09-11-2008, 07:00 AM
I get Dantes raspberry some thing or another from Sams club for chicken....and use that when I grill it...fabulous. On steaks, there is a smokey misquite (sp?) rub that is at Sams as well that is reeeaaally good...especially if you rub it in about 12-24 hours before hand.

KingWilder
09-11-2008, 07:06 AM
Greek Seasoning

Invain
09-11-2008, 04:03 PM
Marinade chicken in italian dressing. Some grill rub stuff for beef, mainly rub it on hamburgers, tastes amazing. Lots of lemon for fish. Have you tried lightly breading your fish?

Davor
09-12-2008, 02:20 AM
Try some of my favorites:

Chicken breasts:
fresh oregano
salt, pepper
ancho chile powder
minced red onion
minced garlic
olive oil
honey

Beef cuts (other than T-Bone and Filet Mignon -- these should be savored for their delicious taste with just salt and pepper)
cumin
chile powder
A1 steak sauce
salt, pepper
Montreal Steak Rub

Fish (there's so many varieties, this one I like for salmon)
minced garlic
salt, pepper
soy sauce
dried peppers (like you get from pizza places)
teriyaki glaze
----- when its done sprinkle some basil ontop

All of the above are marinades. Let them sit in that mixture for a few hours, except the beef which should sit a bit longer.

Shangers
09-12-2008, 01:16 PM
damn those sound tasty Davor.

I'm bout to try one of those packs of seasoning on some steak right now. I got the "Steak fajita" flavor as well as some low carb tortillas. Should be interesting.

manowar669
09-15-2008, 11:48 AM
Mix lite mayo and dijon mustard (equal parts), some splenda, dill, and cracked pepper. Smear it on grilled Salmon.

Take a pork loin. Run a knife through it lengthwise to make a "tube". Mix diced apples, chopped walnuts, a little rosemary, and applesauce (sugar free, add splenda if you want) and fill the tube with the stuffing. Rub a bunch all over the outside and bake at 300F for 30-45 minutes.

Ben Moore
09-15-2008, 12:00 PM
Mix lite mayo and dijon mustard (equal parts), some splenda, dill, and cracked pepper. Smear it on grilled Salmon.

Take a pork loin. Run a knife through it lengthwise to make a "tube". Mix diced apples, chopped walnuts, a little rosemary, and applesauce (sugar free, add splenda if you want) and fill the tube with the stuffing. Rub a bunch all over the outside and bake at 300F for 30-45 minutes.

That sound freakin awesome.

getb1g
09-15-2008, 10:20 PM
a little bit of everything!