PDA

View Full Version : New to weights - looking to bulk up, advice please!

mattmatt36
09-11-2008, 10:27 AM
Hi there,

I have very little experience in doing weights, however recently i fancy getting into it. i have had this feeling for a while, and am going to put my heart and sole into it for the next few months to see how i get on.

I am a 20yr old male
Slim Build

The Aim - get a stronger / bigger upper body!!

I realise this is done through hard work, and i am willing to put the work in, however i am unsure of what the best hard work is!

Diet - i eat very healthy foods most of the time, and from research on here and other websites i notice that frequent meals are required, high in protien.

Supplements - what should i be taking?

and most importantly - exercises!
what should i be doing!?
i have recently joined a gym - so have access to all the machines and free weights!

Thanks in advance for any help or advice anyone can give me,

Matt:)

WillKuenzel
09-11-2008, 06:28 PM
Start here for your routine:
http://www.wannabebig.com/article.php?articleid=25

Diet: make sure you're getting plenty of calories and eating enough protein (generally at least 1gram for every pound you weigh)

Supplements: These are supplemental to what you might not be getting through your diet. Sometimes a good multi-vitamin, fish oil is always helpful, and of course protein, if you're not getting enough out of whole food. You can find all these through the sister site www.atlargenutrition.com

That's everything in a nutshell. Read, read and read some more. This stuff doesn't come over night and a good body takes time.

liftstuff
09-12-2008, 11:01 AM
make sure you balance upper and lower body if you dont want to look silly and have the best results

Vince123
09-12-2008, 06:25 PM
If you work the legs good, the rest should follow easier.