PDA

View Full Version : Thermocin and Gout

bas2178
09-13-2008, 10:19 AM
Just a heads up, but there seems to be a bit of an interaction (at least in my case) with Theromocin and allopurinol. I had been using Thermocin for a couple of weeks and noticed that I was getting more pre-gout twinges and mild attacks. I followed up with my doctor and he did mention that the white willow bark (or the salacin in it) is not recommended for anyone with gout.

I switched to Nitor and haven't had any issues with it at all, however.

chris mason
09-13-2008, 10:57 AM
Ok, thanks for the heads-up!

Chris

SW
09-13-2008, 01:45 PM
Just a heads up, but there seems to be a bit of an interaction (at least in my case) with Theromocin and allopurinol. I had been using Thermocin for a couple of weeks and noticed that I was getting more pre-gout twinges and mild attacks. I followed up with my doctor and he did mention that the white willow bark (or the salacin in it) is not recommended for anyone with gout.

I switched to Nitor and haven't had any issues with it at all, however.

Glad you were able to find one of them was ok for you to take. Nitor kicks you in the ass. I took one in the late afternoon (like i shouldn't have) b/c I had to work out after work at 9pm and was dragging and didnt' want a bad session. Long story short, I got 3 hours of sleep. Just couldn't sleep for the life of me. Probably didn't help that it's bright in my room at night b/c of the street, but still.......