PDA

View Full Version : Squat Training on new Monolift and Bench

mikesbench
09-13-2008, 06:24 PM
I ended up doing a "2 a day" training situation today. Worked on a Monolift which is great so I can start getting more used to it instead of having to just jump into it at a meet; also did some bench training going to a pin height about 1 1/2" from the chest.
My back has been hurting so I held back a little on the squat. I think I'm gonna have to get to the chiropractor and maybe get a massage to get everything loosened up cause tonight it's killing me.
Anyways, here's some video of the training today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQUc7cwTnyo

Travis Bell
09-13-2008, 07:03 PM
Looks like you might need to open up your stance a little and sit back farther to make depth on those squats, but I realize that takes a little getting used to with the mono

mikesbench
09-13-2008, 07:18 PM
Yeah, I've watched it a few times and was thinking the same thing. I could definitely go a bit wider. Thanks for the feedback Travis.

Ben Moore
09-13-2008, 08:45 PM
I'm not sure you need to be wider as much as get your toes out a bit more. That may be locking up your hips and not allowing depth. Nice work! I'm definitely jealous of the mono!

Lones Green
09-13-2008, 09:12 PM
I'm not sure you need to be wider as much as get your toes out a bit more. That may be locking up your hips and not allowing depth. Nice work! I'm definitely jealous of the mono!

very observant Ben - i squatted like this for a long time. changing my foot placement on the squat allowed me to get to depth a lot easier, and active the hips.

when i pull sumo, my feet are almost parallel with the bar.

mikesbench
09-14-2008, 04:34 PM
I'll give that a shot. I hink the fact that I popped something in my back warming up kinda made me a little over-cautious too. I deinitely need to work on my depth though. I have a meet Nov 8th, so I need to get this stuff ironed out. Hopefully I an't get around 750 or so at the meet, but I'd hate to miss that weight just due to lack of depth.