PDA

View Full Version : what to eat when you're sore?

JRider23
09-14-2008, 06:38 AM
yesterday i had one of the most intense workouts i've had in a while. today, i am sore as hell and am wondering what i should eat? for breakfast, i just had a bowl of cheerios, orange juice, and 2 (small) protein bars because i couldn't find the whey to make a shake. what else should i eat during the remainder of the day?

Brad08
09-14-2008, 07:00 AM
you should eat like you're NOT on a diet

that breakfast is something my sister would eat

Wonder Boy
09-14-2008, 10:45 PM
eat some bananas and make sure you get enough protein. Drink a lot of water

Ben Moore
09-14-2008, 11:00 PM
Everything - and drink more water to flush out the lactic acid.

Holto
09-15-2008, 07:43 AM
Everything - and drink more water to flush out the lactic acid.

Your body makes pyruvate from lactic acid. Why would you want to 'flush it out'?

Ben Moore
09-15-2008, 07:46 AM
Your body makes pyruvate from lactic acid. Why would you want to 'flush it out'?

I know when I'm drinking more water my soreness is greatly diminished. Never claimed to know the science behind it - just know it works.

Holto
09-15-2008, 08:04 AM
Absolutely Ben. I can't say I've ever trained at a time when I wasn't drinking a lot of water so I haven't noticed a difference.

We're just now finding out that the body actually re-cycles lactic acid.

Ben Moore
09-15-2008, 08:35 AM
Absolutely Ben. I can't say I've ever trained at a time when I wasn't drinking a lot of water so I haven't noticed a difference.

We're just now finding out that the body actually re-cycles lactic acid.

Just out of curiosity, what role does pyruvate play in the body?

Holto
09-15-2008, 08:39 AM
Just out of curiosity, what role does pyruvate play in the body?

It's part of the krebs cycle, so it ends up back as ATP. We've always known the body was incredibly efficient, now we're really starting to see some evidence.

SW
09-15-2008, 08:45 AM
Drink a lot of milk. Vitiman D keeps your muscles in great condition. Also, stretch 1-2 times every day to get blood through the sore muscles.

Ben Moore
09-15-2008, 09:11 AM
It's part of the krebs cycle, so it ends up back as ATP. We've always known the body was incredibly efficient, now we're really starting to see some evidence.

Gotya - thanks for the explanation.

RhodeHouse
09-15-2008, 09:32 AM
My post got deleted.

Water? What is this you speak of? I've had about 1 gallon of water in the last year, and I have no problems with soreness. So, why is water so important? I have no problems. Scientists, tell me how wrong I am.

Holto
09-15-2008, 09:43 AM
My post got deleted.

Water? What is this you speak of? I've had about 1 gallon of water in the last year, and I have no problems with soreness. So, why is water so important? I have no problems. Scientists, tell me how wrong I am.

You can be well hydrated without drinking water, as you're eluding.