PDA

View Full Version : Help with DB Press

huskybear
09-15-2008, 09:43 PM
Today, I did DB bench press 3x10 for assistance after floor press on my ME Upper day. I use a tucked (real tucked not wonder boy tucked lol) position with my arms at about 45 degrees to my body if not a little closer to my sides and with my palms facing each other.

Now I train alone, and the problem I had was keeping my back tight and shoulders back while pressing - it seemed that though I had good speed, each rep became looser and it just didn't seem to be felt in my lats... the result was by my 3rd set, I was only able to get 5 with the 90's after going 10/70; 10/80... I felt like I should have had more in me for the last set but it just died...

Is it technique? any suggestions to help? I know a video would be best, but I've had no luck getting my stuff together for it.

I do find this exercise has given me alot of help in improving my bench but I need to do 'em properly to get the best results... enough rambling... Help!

jbrin0tk
09-15-2008, 10:25 PM
Maybe you just ran out of gas. Did you expend a lot of energy on the ME floor presses?

Szust
09-15-2008, 11:32 PM
ME exercises prior to dumbbell accessory exercises will tire you out. Whenever I go for DB's after ME, I usually just do one set and go for a rep max at a certain weight. It cuts down on the workout time, and it won't tire you out as much for the accessory triceps stuff.

huskybear
09-16-2008, 05:46 AM
I think I was gassed from expending energy fighting the form loss... make sense? I just couldn't keep the dumbbells in the proper groove... maybe I'll have to wait for next week and see how it goes then...

Are there any tricks to keeping tight on the movement?

I'm doing something wrong keeping my arms in so much?

Thanks guys for the responses.

BULK_BOY
09-16-2008, 07:54 AM
That's the one thing with Triceps....they go quickly. Once they're spent, they're spent.