PDA

View Full Version : Tired of it

Mark!
09-16-2008, 08:17 PM
Alright, I've posted on here a few times, got some great advice and seen some amazing things here. I have a confession.

Back in 2007 I started a juice fast with my doctor. I had blood work done every week to measure levels and make sure I wasn't hurting myself too bad. Starting in February I was 430 pounds, 6 feet tall and 22 years old. I had always been active playing football, baseball, soccer and hockey, sometimes changing out of one uniform into another on the way to the field. After high school my sports life came to a halt and I relied on my job to help keep in shape, which has helped a bit I suppose. I weighed myself this morning, I stand at 6 foot 1 inch and weigh 310 pounds. I know I've made a good improvement weight wise, but my diet...is horribad. I don't eat, then I eat a lot, then I don't eat again. I have started lifting more instead of doing all cardio, but my diet habits still blow balls. I can't pull myself to eat food 4-5 times a day, and I know I have to. Has anyone gone through this or had to reinvent the wheel when it comes to making themselves eat?

Travis Bell
09-16-2008, 09:50 PM
LOL you've lost 120lbs and you're worried your diet isn't in check??? Why do you think you HAVE to eat 4-5 times a day if what your doing is working just fine?

Now if you're feeling tired or whatever because of the times that you aren't eating then that is another issue, but to feel the need to change it up simply because you got some bad information you're mistaken friend. Take pride in the accomplishment you have achieved thus far and keep doing what you're doing. You're doing great

Mark!
09-16-2008, 10:07 PM
I appreciate the comments and information, but my worry is how do I maintain? In the end, I want to be around 260, and solid. I'm never going to be small, and I'm perfectly fine with that. I still have a long way to go.

Travis Bell
09-16-2008, 10:10 PM
Well I assume you're still losing weight? Actually do some research on intermittant fasting, that sounds more like what you're doing and its an actual program that I believe a few people have had success with. Its probably not ideal, but like I say, if its working for you don't change it.

When you get down to the desired weight, then you just begin monitoring your food intake a little more and make sure you don't lose more