PDA

View Full Version : King Material Help

Chubrock
09-16-2008, 08:35 PM
Can somebody give me a rundown on the King material. I'm trying to pick up some stuff during the 25% sale. Is it 2 ply, single, how strong, easy to learn, etc?

deeder
09-16-2008, 09:23 PM
The king material is a lot stiffer than the viking material. You can get single ply gear with the king material (just make sure it says IPF Approved). I'm having a hell of a time learning the king gear. My straps up squats last night were slow as hell getting down and it was pulling my hips under me. The king presser has 'pre-torqued' arms and a slightly wider chest plate than the viking presser. The new arm cut makes for a harder touch but more carry over to the lockout. I have nothing bad to say about the deadlifter, I absolutely love it!

Chubrock
09-16-2008, 09:24 PM
I may end up going with one of the other materials then. Thanks for the heads up Deeder.

Tom Mutaffis
09-17-2008, 08:16 AM
I have the King Pro Deadlifter and really like it, though it is tough to get to the bar and a little hard to get comfortable in. This is only my second suit and I upgraded from a weak single ply inzer champion. If you have the time to spend in it then you will be able to get a lot out of the deadlifter. If you need something easy then maybe go with another suit...

deeder
09-17-2008, 08:37 AM
I'm not trying to turn you off the King material. It's sick stuff and even though I'm struggling to learn it well I am still getting a lot out of it. I'd say 125lbs out of the king squatter right now and probably about 100lbs out of my bench shirt. Deadlift suit I don't really know because I don't go near a max raw when I'm pulling sumo.

Chubrock
09-17-2008, 10:28 AM
Because I'm the only person at the gym that has any idea about PLing, I don't want to pick up a shirt that is going to take a lot to learn the groove and what not. I think I'm going to end up getting the IPF Viking Presser Bencher. Thanks for the heads up guys.