PDA

View Full Version : bench critiqued plees

oxo
09-17-2008, 08:28 AM
i was hoping you guys wood have a look at my bench and let me know if i am doing anything wrong i compet in the ipf and i am not shur if it will pass

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=rUpsQJsfBuc

smokinHawk
09-17-2008, 08:41 AM
I guess it would as long as you wait for the press command, i dont think its to low to be considered belly benching, but you never know

Travis Bell
09-17-2008, 08:45 AM
Pause longer and you'll be fine. Thats not even close to belly benching

ehubbard
09-17-2008, 08:54 AM
I dont know jack about the IPF, but I will say that the pause looked a little too short to me based on some of the other IPF benches I have seen. There are a few IPF Benchers here that can comment better than I, such as JT Hall.

NASAKYCHAIRMAN
09-17-2008, 09:21 AM
I have competed in 4 different meets judged by IPF judges. I noticed that you lowered the bar below the Inzer Advance Design Logo. When I competed at the August 31, 2008 usapl bp nationals, a lifter got red lighted for this! The judges said the lifter place the bar too low.

I would suggest making sure the bar is lowered across the logo.

Here is a video of me competing at the August 31, 2008 usapl bp nationals. You'll see that I lowered the bar across the logo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25JMGSB7Xbs

You will get a start command and the judges are looking to make sure your elbows are locked out. Several lifters didn't get the start command or had to re-rack the bar because their elbows were not locked out @ the 8-31-08 usapl bp nationals. So, just make sure you practice holding that bar with elbows locked out.

Good luck with your meet and great shirt that you are wearing:thumbup:

Ryan Celli
09-17-2008, 09:51 AM
I never lifted in the IPF, but I would bet money the lifter can not have anyone touch them once on the platform. your lift off guy adjusts your belt for you. everything else looked good.

I know the logos are not all put on the same exact place on the bench shirts. they may be close, but i've seen some that are definitely in different places, some higher some lower.

smokinHawk
09-17-2008, 10:42 AM
I would suggest making sure the bar is lowered across the logo.

how about moving the logo down to confuse the judges :evillaugh: