PDA

View Full Version : Metal Gear Sizing Problem

Chubrock
09-17-2008, 10:43 AM
I wanted to go ahead and pick up the IPF Viking Presser Bencher but I'm having a bit of issues with the sizing. I got a buddy to take my shoulder measurements and the measurement I got comes out two sizes smaller than what is recommended for my weight. I've got fairly narrow shoulders, but a thick chest. Should I just go ahead and buy what corresponds to my shoulder measurement, or go with what my bodyweight suggests? Thanks for any ideas.

Travis Bell
09-17-2008, 10:47 AM
the weight is just a reference point. You could always pick the middle size, but otherwise I'd just go with the shoulder measurement. Chest thickness isn't going to make as much of a difference as width will. Bodyweight has way too many variables that have no impact on a shirt. This is why I take all my measurements and call it in direct to Inzer (I realize you're getting a metal shirt) because I'd rather spend my money once and get it right than get multiple shirts while trying to get one sized right

Chubrock
09-17-2008, 10:52 AM
the weight is just a reference point. You could always pick the middle size, but otherwise I'd just go with the shoulder measurement. Chest thickness isn't going to make as much of a difference as width will. Bodyweight has way too many variables that have no impact on a shirt. This is why I take all my measurements and call it in direct to Inzer (I realize you're getting a metal shirt) because I'd rather spend my money once and get it right than get multiple shirts while trying to get one sized right

Yea, I ended up sending my briefs back twice before I finally got the right size. I think I'll end up buying the middle size. I'm working on putting some weight on, so I'll get it a bit bigger now and work into it. Thanks for the suggestion Travis.

WillKuenzel
09-17-2008, 12:13 PM
You better order it now, so when I get up there I can teach somebody how to help your ass into it.

Lones Green
09-17-2008, 01:25 PM
yeah, you can always send it back. i'd go with the middle size.

Chubrock
09-17-2008, 01:28 PM
I went with both Travis' advice as well as Wendlers. They said different things but got me to the same size haha. Works for me.

Travis Bell
09-17-2008, 02:02 PM
I'm curious, what'd Jim say?

Chubrock
09-17-2008, 02:13 PM
Basically he said to just take my shoulder measurement and go up one size. It worked out that both of your suggestions brought me to the same size.

Sean Hatley
09-17-2008, 05:44 PM
I wanted to go ahead and pick up the IPF Viking Presser Bencher but I'm having a bit of issues with the sizing. I got a buddy to take my shoulder measurements and the measurement I got comes out two sizes smaller than what is recommended for my weight. I've got fairly narrow shoulders, but a thick chest. Should I just go ahead and buy what corresponds to my shoulder measurement, or go with what my bodyweight suggests? Thanks for any ideas.

I have had the same problem. If your in between go with the smaller one.