PDA

View Full Version : Bench shirt question (USAPL)

Big o Boy
09-17-2008, 02:46 PM
I just joined up with the Iron Raider Powerlifting team at Texas Tech, and I'm looking to get back into powerlifting hardcore again. We compete in NASA and USAPL events (collegiates of course), and I plan to hit a meet full song in February.

I have a Titan F6... can't remember the exact size... maybe a 46. My chest is around a 46 so it's farely loose. I have only attempted to use this shirt 4 times or so, all with no success. (note: all these attempts were over a year ago) I have also watched everything I could on benching in the shirt, how to put on the shirt, etc.

I was told recently that Inzer's Phenom is more of an elbows out type shirt unlike the Rage X... so then it hit me. Maybe I'm using the wrong type of shirt for my benching style? I'm more of an elbows out bencher anyway, and would benefit more from a shirt that put pressure laterally across the chest to the shoulders.

Is the Phenom the shirt I'm looking for, or should I be looking elsewhere? I plan on getting in my F6 a few more times soon just to get the feel of the shirt a little more before deciding.

All input is welcome. :)

ehubbard
09-17-2008, 02:56 PM
Just because you have had no success in the F6 doesnt mean that it is time to start looking for a new shirt, especially if you have only used it 4 times or so. I have been ramming my head against a wall trying different shirts instead of picking one and getting reps in it EVERY WEEK. I am pretty sure that will be the key to success no matter what shirt you choose (assuming it's sized right), you need to learn the shirt and be consistant.

PriestCometh
09-17-2008, 03:40 PM
You need a size 44.
My favorite is the Katana. Cuz I get more pop out of the bottom.

My suggestion is to Use your 46 as an opener(to get one on the board), then
switch off to a 44 to put up the bigger numbers.

smokinHawk
09-18-2008, 06:39 AM
i would get it tightened up, send it back to titan and they will do that
i had the same problem with my F6 (when i bench raw my elbows are somewhat out)
i couldnt get it to work, so i got it tightened up then started working out with a good coach/lifter (Mike Wolfe)
and after some work i am finally starting to learn it as i have hit 425 in it so far (20lb carry over) with his help i think i will be getting allot more weight soon.

so i would say get it tightened up and go lift with some knowledgeable people.

Big o Boy
09-22-2008, 09:37 PM
Got a size 44 Katana... Will be still using the 46 F6 to learn the shirt (build top end strength), and like Priest said, use the Katana for hopefully some huge carryovers.