PDA

View Full Version : Pudzianowski retires

Lones Green
09-17-2008, 06:18 PM
Mariusz Pudzianowski (31 yo) after incredible fight won 5th title of World's Strongest Man - nobody had achieved it before. "Dominator" won it and after this season he is going to retire

- I lifted enough in my whole life. I will compete once more on some contest, but it'll be only exhibition/show. Now there is time on personal life, parties - he said in interview with "Super Express" (polish newspaper)

He was fighting with all his strength for the transition to a history. After Plane Pull, Mariusz lost his breath and oxygen mask was needed.

- There have been no wind in me, but I couldn't forgive and that's the reason I'm World's Strongest Man again - Pudzianowski points.

unexpected!

joey54
09-17-2008, 06:55 PM
Polish Power!

Tennessee Mike
09-18-2008, 05:34 AM
Polish Power!

I second that!

Eric Downey
09-18-2008, 06:39 AM
AWW Ill cry later. Great athlete but guy is a *******. Meet him at the Arnold years ago and what dick.

Tennessee Mike
09-18-2008, 06:44 AM
AWW Ill cry later. Great athlete but guy is a *******. Meet him at the Arnold years ago and what dick.

My cousin met him this past weekend and said he was awesome.Talked to her for 15 minutes,took pics and signed stuff for her.Maybe you caught him on a bad day.

RhodeHouse
09-18-2008, 07:54 AM
My cousin met him this past weekend and said he was awesome.Talked to her for 15 minutes,took pics and signed stuff for her.Maybe you caught him on a bad day.

Maybe she's pretty and you're ugly? Just a thought. Maybe you caught him before or after the contest when he was still in contest mode.

Guido
09-18-2008, 08:11 AM
Yeah I've heard nothing but great things about the guy as a person.

He's doing it the right way, going out on top. He's already made history as the best ever so he doesn't have anything else to prove. Still, it will be a big loss for the strength community and WSM.

PriestCometh
09-18-2008, 12:33 PM

It must be you Eric. lol

I met him twice and he was cool.

Kaz, on the other hand was not cool.

Lones Green
09-18-2008, 12:51 PM
i used to think he looked pretty intimidating, but his music video took a little of that intimidation factor away, LOL

Big_Byrd52
09-18-2008, 01:42 PM
where can one find this infamous music video?

vdizenzo
09-18-2008, 01:59 PM
It must be you Eric. lol

I love Kaz. He came accross the room to say hi and shake my hand at the New England Record Breakers in front of a whole bunch of lifters. Now that was a very cool moment. I heard Pudz was a douche. I think it's all relevant to the person, place, and time.

PriestCometh
09-18-2008, 02:18 PM
I love Kaz. He came accross the room to say hi and shake my hand at the New England Record Breakers in front of a whole bunch of lifters. Now that was a very cool moment. I heard Pudz was a douche. I think it's all relevant to the person, place, and time.

true

Sean Hatley
09-18-2008, 03:57 PM
It must be you Eric. lol

WHat makes you say that. I have heard that Kaz is a nice guy

Tennessee Mike
09-18-2008, 05:08 PM
I dont think anyone should go on a public forum and call someone as high profile as Mariusz or Kaz a dick.How can you judge someone from a couple seconds?Unless you hang out with them on a daily basis,you cant.These guys have alot of people that look up to them and want to meet them one day,and to publicly make derogatory statements about them is uncool in my book.

Lones Green
09-18-2008, 05:34 PM
where can one find this infamous music video?

x6EQG8zpa-o

Travis Bell
09-18-2008, 08:46 PM
I've never met Pudz, but my experiences with Kaz haven't really left me with a positive opinion of him

Just my experience though. It was at the Arnold around the powerlifting and Kaz doesn't hold a very high opinion of geared lifting. We all have opinions I guess

Travis Bell
09-18-2008, 08:47 PM
and I agree with Lones. That video is really odd LOL I know that kind of music is really popular in Europe but I still think its weird

BIG AL
09-18-2008, 10:28 PM
that video is funny as hell. He should kick his managers ass for making him look like a homo. and yes I replayed the video so maybe I have tendencies.

Alcoholiday
09-18-2008, 11:46 PM

i drove Kaz 3hrs to Chicago after a contest. He's a great guy and extremely knowledgeable.

Tennessee Mike
09-19-2008, 03:17 AM
That was hilarious!

EVILGOOSEY
09-20-2008, 10:53 PM
are you kidding?
he's done at 31?

c'mon mariusz another 4-5 years would be great from you.

Kevin Nee passes out almost every time he does...well...anything!

PriestCometh
09-21-2008, 03:34 PM
WHat makes you say that. I have heard that Kaz is a nice guy

I was a big fan of the guy until the Arnold in 06.
He is a legend of the sport. I respect him as an amazing
lifter.

bigbadwolfe
09-21-2008, 08:30 PM
x6EQG8zpa-o

The Pudzian Band ROCKS!!!! Cant wait for their World Tour :)

Hahahaha!!! I hate to see him go but he is going out in style and on top!!!