PDA

View Full Version : Snatch stance problem

.MN.
09-17-2008, 06:37 PM
So I'm working on the snatch technique with only 55 lbs.

Every time I set up for a snatch the coach (this is at school) tells me to point my feet forward because I'm usually in a duck stance.

The problem is I am naturally duck footed. When my feet are pointed out like a duck and I just do a regular squat, my knees bend forward directly in front of my body. But when I try to point my feet forward my knees bend inward and I usually **** up on the lift and have to drop the bar.

Does anybody else have this problem, am I just fine using my slight duck footed stance?

JHarris
09-17-2008, 11:17 PM
So I'm working on the snatch technique with only 55 lbs.

Every time I set up for a snatch the coach (this is at school) tells me to point my feet forward because I'm usually in a duck stance.

The problem is I am naturally duck footed. When my feet are pointed out like a duck and I just do a regular squat, my knees bend forward directly in front of my body. But when I try to point my feet forward my knees bend inward and I usually **** up on the lift and have to drop the bar.

Does anybody else have this problem, am I just fine using my slight duck footed stance?

Yeah, your coach doesnt know what he is talking about. Not only do I receive any snatch or clean with my feet turned out, I actually start the lift with them turned out. In fact, most lifters receive weight with their feet turned out.