PDA

View Full Version : Pic of a comfortable OH squat

Fuzzy
09-18-2008, 05:14 AM
http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc183/big_fuzzy/fulloh105.jpg

The video screwed up on me, so I just took a picture from it. This is me sitting the bottom of a drop snatch with 105kg.

Recently this position has become far more comfortable and solid, my coach is holding me back with the weight, 5kg increases per an attempt. I feel very strong in the bottom.

I am competing next week, so I should have videos of a 100+ snatch and a 130+ clean and jerk.

Things are going good!

leetuck
09-18-2008, 06:45 AM
You put most of us to shame mate... good work :)

Guido
09-18-2008, 07:38 AM
Nice. That's pretty respectable weight there. I just hit 95kg on my snatch and just missed 97.5 the other day. 'Course I've only been doing oly for about 3 months. Snatch is by far my better of the two lifts. My clean + jerk sucks still. I'm stuck at 110kg, but it's getting there slowly and I think I'll be good for 115 soon.

Invain
09-18-2008, 08:35 AM
Good luck at the comp Fuzz.

Lones Green
09-18-2008, 12:56 PM
http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc183/big_fuzzy/fulloh105.jpg

The video screwed up on me, so I just took a picture from it. This is me sitting the bottom of a drop snatch with 105kg.

Recently this position has become far more comfortable and solid, my coach is holding me back with the weight, 5kg increases per an attempt. I feel very strong in the bottom.

I am competing next week, so I should have videos of a 100+ snatch and a 130+ clean and jerk.

Things are going good!

nice picture. best of luck to you, i have always been envious of your raw strength.

CleverName
09-18-2008, 04:21 PM
Nice shoes; I think we have the same. I just started doing snatch movements and got an embarrassing 135lb snatch drop on my max attempt. :redface: I feel strong at the bottom too, but getting there with the weight all the way overhead is still kinda difficult. You are indeed a powerhouse! :thumbup:

Fuzzy
09-19-2008, 04:30 AM
Nice shoes; I think we have the same. I just started doing snatch movements and got an embarrassing 135lb snatch drop on my max attempt. :redface: I feel strong at the bottom too, but getting there with the weight all the way overhead is still kinda difficult. You are indeed a powerhouse! :thumbup:

Meh, I am deeply regretting getting these shoes. They are really bad, the heel is so damn soft Ive worn it down.

If you look close you can see ho Ive taped around the heel to buffer it.

Guido
09-19-2008, 07:53 AM
What kid of shoes are they? Adidas? I've heard mixed things about the Adidas weightlifting shoes. I've got some Do-Win's and they're okay.

RedSpikeyThing
09-19-2008, 08:49 AM
Good work fuzz. I'm looking forward to the videoes.

Fuzzy
09-19-2008, 05:44 PM
What kid of shoes are they? Adidas? I've heard mixed things about the Adidas weightlifting shoes. I've got some Do-Win's and they're okay.

Adistars... pieces of crap. Im buying the new Adistar IIs soon, by all reports they are a far better show then the current ones.

I would recommend you stay away from the Adistars, the Ironworks are great, as are older Adidas shoes.

CleverName
09-19-2008, 08:58 PM
Hmm, damn, I just bought my Adistars too. I thought they were working great, but then again, I have nothing to compare them to. Oh well..