PDA

View Full Version : Briefs

AJL11
09-19-2008, 06:49 AM
Looking at getting a pair of briefs for the first time, and would like some suggestions. Looked on Inzer's website and found some pretty cheap options. They list 2 pairs of Groove Briefs and a pair of power pants. Would one of these be a good pair to start in???Any feedback would be appreciated.

-Thanks

Tom Mutaffis
09-19-2008, 08:57 AM
AJ - I am not a powerlifter so I am not familiar with wearing them under a suit, but I have used the Inzer power pants and like them for training. Most of the time I will be wearing them for a heavy front squat or box squat as they provide some hip support. For the price I think that they are worth it - just make sure that you are careful to order the right size.

I am sure that others with more experience may have some better information for you, but judging from the price of some of the other options and being that you are new to the sport the Inzer gear sounds like the right option.

Lones Green
09-19-2008, 09:38 AM
do not get the groove briefs.

the power pants are okay, i hear.

talk to Ben about this, you could even get a pair of pro briefs

Guido
09-19-2008, 09:42 AM
Most people I know have had good success with the Metal briefs.

Reko
09-19-2008, 01:06 PM
Metal briefs are definately fierce. Ben and I have Frantz briefs (I love them, not much carry over, but they were origially worn to protect the hips and they do that job very well). Will have Ace breifs and Pro briefs (which Ben has taken over). You can ask them about the differences and take a look at them to see what you like or are looking for.

Reko
09-19-2008, 01:07 PM
I think Sean also has the inzer power pants (I think). just another comparison.

Ben Moore
09-19-2008, 09:30 PM
If you're just looking for a single ply brief, the frantz are pretty good. If you want to go ahead and get some 2 ply - the Metal Pros are the way to go.

mastermonster
09-20-2008, 09:09 PM
If you are limited to 1 ply get the Titan dual quad boxers. If not, start with the Dual Quads and evolve to the Boss Boxers. They're expensive but worth it. At present I'm getting approx. 300 lbs. carry-over from the 'New Improved' THP wraps and the Super+ Boss Boxers...without my suit. Power Pant are just a little better than under-armor underwear...groove briefs are even worse. My partner uses a pair of power pants to warm up with before his heavier sets and switches to his dual quads. He said he got about 20 lbs. out of the power pants when they were new, and gets well over 100 out of the dual quads. The Dual Quads are basically the bottom 1/2 of a Centurian Squat Suit, and the Boss Boxers are the bottom 1/2 of a Boss Squat Suit.

Lones Green
09-21-2008, 09:08 AM
If you are limited to 1 ply get the Titan dual quad boxers. If not, start with the Dual Quads and evolve to the Boss Boxers. They're expensive but worth it. At present I'm getting approx. 300 lbs. carry-over from the 'New Improved' THP wraps and the Super+ Boss Boxers...without my suit. Power Pant are just a little better than under-armor underwear...groove briefs are even worse. My partner uses a pair of power pants to warm up with before his heavier sets and switches to his dual quads. He said he got about 20 lbs. out of the power pants when they were new, and gets well over 100 out of the dual quads. The Dual Quads are basically the bottom 1/2 of a Centurian Squat Suit, and the Boss Boxers are the bottom 1/2 of a Boss Squat Suit.

i've heard good things about titan's briefs